The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Economics Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

As long as you apply before the UCAS deadline then you won't be considered late.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 221
Original post by Confused101
As long as you apply before the UCAS deadline then you won't be considered late.

I understand that but official representative of Warwick already told, that this year the applications should be sent earlier. So I'd like to know the opinion of representative of Warwick, if it is not too late to send application in mid-December. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 222
Could the Warwick representative please clarify something for me. When you get an applicant's profile in front of you and you make the decision to decline it, roughly how long till the applicant sees that he has been declined. I know this is some central admissions does but can you find out. I mean, there could be tons of people waiting out their with high hopes who have already (unofficially) been declined in which case wouldn't it be better to let them know ASAP ?
Reply 223
Original post by bertos
I understand that but official representative of Warwick already told, that this year the applications should be sent earlier. So I'd like to know the opinion of representative of Warwick, if it is not too late to send application in mid-December. Thanks. :smile:

Hi,
yes, certainly, mid December is not considered too late. I believe there will still be offers to make at this stage.
Reply 224
Original post by MWM
Could the Warwick representative please clarify something for me. When you get an applicant's profile in front of you and you make the decision to decline it, roughly how long till the applicant sees that he has been declined. I know this is some central admissions does but can you find out. I mean, there could be tons of people waiting out their with high hopes who have already (unofficially) been declined in which case wouldn't it be better to let them know ASAP ?

I think it's the case that we'd like to let every person know about our decision as soon as possible, but there is certainly a process to go through whereby we need to check certain details of an application, as well as registering the decisions with UCAS.

If the impression is that we simply have a big stack of files on a desk somewhere, and it's not a priority to do anything with them once we've made a decision to reject, then this is certainly not the case. The quickest way to let everyone know about a decision is to go through the official UCAS channels, and this is a process which can take some time.
Reply 225
Original post by University of Warwick
Hi,
yes, certainly, mid December is not considered too late. I believe there will still be offers to make at this stage.

Thanks! One more question: does warwick sometimes demand for additional information? For instance, I write I have attended some courses, will warwick demand for some diploma?
Reply 226
Original post by bertos
Thanks! One more question: does warwick sometimes demand for additional information? For instance, I write I have attended some courses, will warwick demand for some diploma?

Hi,
yes, sometimes additional information is requested, in which case we will contact you directly to inform you of this
hello,

i submitted my application 10 days ago, should i not be expecting a reply anytime soon? thank you!
Reply 228
Original post by bellatrixisbest421
hello,

i submitted my application 10 days ago, should i not be expecting a reply anytime soon? thank you!

I'll I'm not the Warwick admissions tutor, but the answer is no. I submitted my application 41 days ago and I'm not expecting a reply any time soon.
Reply 229
Hi, I received an offer through UCAS yesterday for economics. It says on UCAS that the offer is A*AAa or A*AAB. As I'm doing 4 subjects to A2, am I right in thinking that I would meet the offer with A*AAa (I got all As at AS level so already have the AS part of this offer), or do I have to get A*AAB at A2? Please could you let me know, or should I email the central admissions office?

Many Thanks
Original post by Kingz
If you read the prospectus it says in there that if you're doing A2 Further Maths, you have to have 4 A2 subjects at A2. It's not that they prefer it but an actual requirement. I got worried too, but then again I'm only doing Further Maths at AS level as my school doesn't offer A2 further maths. I would recommend taking a 4th subject in A2 OR applying for another course that doesn't have that requirement because otherwise chances will be you won't get a place on the course and one of your choices will be wasted. Apart from that, reading through the forum we're on the same boat! Below average GCSEs,in fact I think i got the same as you. 4 A's at AS in the same subjects too. Best of luck partner..

It's always best to ring the university directly and email the actual department. Like the warwick representative said taking FM at A2 is okay now. caught a bit of a lucky break their.
Reply 231
Original post by Quark123
Hi, I received an offer through UCAS yesterday for economics. It says on UCAS that the offer is A*AAa or A*AAB. As I'm doing 4 subjects to A2, am I right in thinking that I would meet the offer with A*AAa (I got all As at AS level so already have the AS part of this offer), or do I have to get A*AAB at A2? Please could you let me know, or should I email the central admissions office?

Many Thanks

Hi, the email from the admissions office just came through which has made it clear, it was just slightly confusing on UCAS. Thanks
Reply 232
Hi,
yes, sometimes additional information is requested, in which case we will contact you directly to inform you of this

So I am currently thinking of adding to my PS that I studied in one finance school conected with , but if warwick asked for diploma, I couldn't provide it as I didn't finished it towards the end. So what is the probability what they will ask for a proof? :smile:

And what is more, my teachers can't write any diploma if I don't finish course.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 233
I'm currently doing Maths, FM, Economics, Physics and Chemistry at As, looking to drop chemistry or FM for A2 year.

My GCSE's were 4 A* 4 A's 3 B's 1 C 1 D.

Will my GCSE's have a big impact on whether I'll be accepted or not?

Edit: the D is in French and the C is in Graphics.
Reply 234
Original post by bertos
So I am currently thinking of adding to my PS that I studied in one finance school conected with , but if warwick asked for diploma, I couldn't provide it as I didn't finished it towards the end. So what is the probability what they will ask for a proof? :smile:

And what is more, my teachers can't write any diploma if I don't finish course.

Hi,
you would have to speak to central admissions to see what sort of proof you would be required to provide. You can email them at [email protected]
Reply 235
Original post by Miryo
I'm currently doing Maths, FM, Economics, Physics and Chemistry at As, looking to drop chemistry or FM for A2 year.

Hi,
yes, the GCSE's are a part of your admissions profile, so it is something we will take into consideration when deciding whether to make you an offer or not
Reply 236
I have applied for L100 Economics and these are my grades:

IGCSE: 9A*
(Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, French, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Computer Studies)

AS Level: aaab
(a in Economics, Chemistry and
Physics. b in Mathematics)

A2 Predicteds: A*A*AAaa
(A* in Economics and Physics, A in Chemstry and Mathematics A2, a in English Language and Literature and Mathematics AS)

I am retaking AS Level Mathematics. With regard to this, I just found out about the AWARDS Application and I wanted to explain this blip in my result, as well as my low predicted grade in Mathematics A2. However, the website said that if I submitted UCAS before this (early October), I should contact the Admissions Office. What should I do?

Also, as far as my grades are concerned, how competitive an application do I have?
Reply 237
Hi,
yes, the GCSE's are a part of your admissions profile, so it is something we will take into consideration when deciding whether to make you an offer or not

Yes but will the D have a significant effect on the chances of being accepted?
Reply 238
I have a question I m gonna apply next year for two different courses Economics and Accountivg and finance and Warwick is one of my choice so how should I write my personal statement if I am applying for 2 courses
Reply 239
Original post by Miryo

Original post by Miryo

Dont worry ur GCSE are good last year a guy from my school got accepted into Warwick with 7As(4A*) and a B dont worry u will make it just work hard for A levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending