The Student Room Group

Looking harder for jobs does not reduce unemployment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muscovite
Wow with you're AS level in economics you're such an expert! We'll have to look it up now as we're not as economically knowledgeable as you are :albertein:

sorry, I provided a link to the wiki as well.

ps, it is A-level economics and 2nd year at uni now, so yeah.. awkward, I thought it's a discussion for people who have some knowledge in the area.
Reply 21
Original post by trouble-trouble
sorry, I provided a link to the wiki as well.

ps, it is A-level economics and 2nd year at uni now, so yeah.. awkward, I thought it's a discussion for people who have some knowledge in the area.

ha suuuuuuurreee okay :smile:
Reply 22
A4e recently told me that job hunting was a 'numbers game'.
Reply 23
Original post by trouble-trouble
there was no insult, you refused to answer my question by saying "it's obvious" and referring to geometrical progression, which I know of, but there is no connection between job market, recession and geometric progression.

so obviously there is nothing for us to talk about as you are not as knowledgable as you want to look.

Think of the multiplier effect as similar compound interest rather than a geometric progression, then if it was true, it there can be no recession.

But obviously, recession happens so it can't be true or can't be true without including a lot of other factors which means the multiplier effect is at best simplistic and breaks down under certain circumstances.
Original post by Maker
Think of the multiplier effect as similar compound interest rather than a geometric progression, then if it was true, it there can be no recession.

But obviously, recession happens so it can't be true or can't be true without including a lot of other factors which means the multiplier effect is at best simplistic and breaks down under certain circumstances.

UK economy grew by 0.5% in third quarter.

Recession is two consecutive quarters of negative growth.

yes, multiplier effect is a simple model with lots of ceteris paribus stuff, but it doesn't mean that the concept is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending