The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by GowgasGoat
its so not fair on the liverpool questionnaire as it doesn't let you enter the total amount of weeks you have done, as i have done 2 years at my vets but it only lets me put up to six weekis. very frustrating. any one else had the same problem?

In the alternate husbandry, your only allowed one week arnt you, i have loads missing from wolf trust and zoo, I also cant fit in my owl sanctuary, hedgehog hospital ect :frown:
its so not fair on the liverpool questionnaire as it doesn't let you enter the total amount of weeks you have done, as i have done 2 years at my vets but it only lets me put up to six weekis. very frustrating. any one else had the same problem?

yea I have, spent 4 years at my local city farm which obviously made up the bulk of my experience, plus iv been volunteering at a wildlife centre for 9 months but I can only put that down as 1 week, so iv only got something like 17 weeks total. Im so annoyed.
Original post by PurpleTinkerbell08
yea I have, spent 4 years at my local city farm which obviously made up the bulk of my experience, plus iv been volunteering at a wildlife centre for 9 months but I can only put that down as 1 week, so iv only got something like 17 weeks total. Im so annoyed.

You'd think Liverpool would say there's a time limit on placements of 4/6 weeks, and then allow for even just one long-term placement that demonstrates dedication.
thats a good point, and maybe if enough of it raise that point to liverpool via email they may consider it.
Reply 384
doesn't it demonstrate that it's long term since you can put the dates down

e.g. if i have a placement 1/2007 - 1/2010 and it's come to a total of 3 weeks, surely they can assume that it's long term
not really coz you might have only gone one day every month for three years. so no, it can't demonstrate the true extent of how many hours a long term placement consists of.
Reply 386
that's still long term though and the total amount of time is obvs what liverpool really cares about when they're judging it to the time it's taken to complete x amount of weeks. i'm sure their process has worked for many years and if they were really bothered they can look at our personal statements. we don't know how they judge our weqs in the first place
not really coz you might have only gone one day every month for three years. so no, it can't demonstrate the true extent of how many hours a long term placement consists of.

It does show how many hours it consists of though? because if you've only done one hour a month it'll only come out as a couple of days, if you've got a couple of weeks in total it'll show that and if you reach the limit then its apparent you've been dedicated and only allowing you to count 4 weeks just stops people climbing up the ranking in the WEQ with minimal variety. 4 Weeks in total for a long term vet placement is an adequate amount to show you've been dedicated. Lots of people have the same problem (myself included) but at teh end of the day everyone is in the same boat so you've just got to deal with it. Liverpool have done their questionnaires like this for a while now and it clearly works for them, and I very much doubt you, anyone, or hundreds of applicants emailing them in what will appear a sulky 'it's not fair!' email will change that :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gernumblies
You'd think Liverpool would say there's a time limit on placements of 4/6 weeks, and then allow for even just one long-term placement that demonstrates dedication.

I know, oh well, just have to hope that I don't rank too low on their scales now. But if they read my personal statement they can see how long I was at the farm for anyway but that doesn't change the fact my questionnare score is going to be really low now. I just hope it's enough!
I know, oh well, just have to hope that I don't rank too low on their scales now. But if they read my personal statement they can see how long I was at the farm for anyway but that doesn't change the fact my questionnare score is going to be really low now. I just hope it's enough!

Most reapps are going to come across as low. :frown:

The only thing we can do now is wait and see. :redface:
Original post by gernumblies
Most reapps are going to come across as low. :frown:

The only thing we can do now is wait and see. :redface:

haha curses! ah well, like you say, just have to play the waiting game now :redface:
Reply 391
Bristol interview :biggrin:
Original post by Becky:)*
Bristol interview :biggrin:

aw congratulations! Thats really great news :smile: I got an e-mail from them this morning, I think iv been put on hold lol
aw congratulations! Thats really great news :smile: I got an e-mail from them this morning, I think iv been put on hold lol

got that email too, the one about " we are still considering your application"! its better than a no!
Reply 394
I think everyone got that email!
I had two but have an interview from them . . . ive confirmed my date so if they change it now I shall kick up a fuss!!!!
got that email too, the one about " we are still considering your application"! its better than a no!

absolutely! that was my thought exactly, It's not a no so im happy :smile:

Original post by emmah629
I think everyone got that email!
I had two but have an interview from them . . . ive confirmed my date so if they change it now I shall kick up a fuss!!!!

haha aaw im sure they won't change it, that would just be outrageously mean!
Reply 396
Rvc interview :smile:
Reply 397
Original post by hegm16
Rvc interview :smile:

Snap! Well done :smile:
Declined by RVC :frown:.. but interview from Liverpool!
RVC interview on the 11th January. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending