The Student Room Group

Girlfriend has trust issues and worried i will cheat /:

Been with my gf for a year and bit, met at sixth form. When i first saw her sitting down, looking so pretty she had to be mine, so we started 'seeing' each other for about a month and abit then i asked her out... she has been my amazing gf since!

Everything is good, we go out go places to eat get each other presents etc... We're also really good friends! :smile:

HOWEVER... i have been talking to girls who work at where i work aswell, maybe i have been too friendly looking back, but i didn't think it was flirting tbh. When she found out she was in tears and now has the worry i will cheat on her :frown: she has no trust in me whatsoever.

Guys on TSR your help, so our relationship can be back on track. Cheers guys. :colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by IvanGray
Been with my gf for a year and bit, met at sixth form. When i first saw her sitting down, looking so pretty she had to be mine, so we started 'seeing' each other for about a month and abit then i asked her out... she has been my amazing gf since!

Everything is good, we go out go places to eat get each other presents etc... We're also really good friends! :smile:

HOWEVER... i have been talking to girls who work at where i work aswell, maybe i have been too friendly looking back, but i didn't think it was flirting tbh. When she found out she was in tears and now has the worry i will cheat on her :frown: she has no trust in me whatsoever.

Guys on TSR your help, so our relationship can be back on track. Cheers guys. :colondollar:

So...when she found out you're TALKING to other women she started crying?
have you or your girlfriend ever cheated? if the person has cheated usually they are obsessed with their partner cheating...
Are you your girlfriends first boyfriend? if so she maybe worried ur going off her//
Reply 3
just make her feel secure again. Sit her down and tell her how you feel about her and that you'll never cheat...and throw in that she's pretty just to sweeten the deal.
Reply 4
Original post by britishgoose01
have you or your girlfriend ever cheated? if the person has cheated usually they are obsessed with their partner cheating...
Are you your girlfriends first boyfriend? if so she maybe worried ur going off her//

I haven't cheated and i know she hasn't either, i'm not her first bf but she classes me as her first proper bf.... :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by chavalis

Original post by chavalis
just make her feel secure again. Sit her down and tell her how you feel about her and that you'll never cheat...and throw in that she's pretty just to sweeten the deal.

I did that today, but she's now worried when i go to work :frown: i don't want her to be.
Reply 6
I did that today, but she's now worried when i go to work :frown: i don't want her to be.

I don't know exactly how you acted around this girl at work to make your girlfriend jump to this conclusion, but the only thing you can really do is just keep telling her that there's nothing going on if she keeps getting upset. Insecurities are vile little things that aren't always easily gotten rid of, especially ones concerning people you care about, and they definitely don't go away as easily as all that, so be as understanding as you can and tell her you love her etc. and I reckon she'll get over it eventually.
as cruel as it may sound, relationships are based on trust and if she can't trust you, for whatever reason, then what is the point? Maybe you should talk to her about trust, ask her why she doesn't trust you and explain that you're finding it hard to be with her when she can't trust you.
Reply 8
Original post by Hannah124
as cruel as it may sound, relationships are based on trust and if she can't trust you, for whatever reason, then what is the point? Maybe you should talk to her about trust, ask her why she doesn't trust you and explain that you're finding it hard to be with her when she can't trust you.

Why do people say immature stuff like this? Honestly... OH if she's acting this way then what's the point?

The point is that they seem pretty happy apart from one issue. OP you need to explain to her that it's not normal for her to be paranoid like this, she needs to be more emotionally mature. She will get there eventually but the question is will she get there in this relationship or the next one.

You should recruit one of her friends (a more understanding one) to help you, and maybe she can explain this from a different perspective. You've given her no reason not to trust you and while reassuring her is a good idea, you should also 'treat' the underlying problem which is...she has trust issues.
Original post by Zamolxes
Why do people say immature stuff like this? Honestly... OH if she's acting this way then what's the point?

The point is that they seem pretty happy apart from one issue. OP you need to explain to her that it's not normal for her to be paranoid like this, she needs to be more emotionally mature. She will get there eventually but the question is will she get there in this relationship or the next one.

You should recruit one of her friends (a more understanding one) to help you, and maybe she can explain this from a different perspective. You've given her no reason not to trust you and while reassuring her is a good idea, you should also 'treat' the underlying problem which is...she has trust issues.

so you're saying that the the OP and others should go out with people that don't trust them-please!!!! Feel sorry for your partner to be honest!

and great idea, get people (or recruit rather) involved, because that won't complicate things!
Reply 10
Original post by Hannah124
so you're saying that the the OP and others should go out with people that don't trust them-please!!!! Feel sorry for your partner to be honest!

and great idea, get people (or recruit rather) involved, because that won't complicate things!

I'm just saying she has no reason not to trust him, she's is emotionally immature about it and she just needs to understand that. I don't see how breaking up with her is the answer.
Reply 11

I'm just saying she has no reason not to trust him, she's is emotionally immature about it and she just needs to understand that. I don't see how breaking up with her is the answer.

She's my everything and i'm glad you understand, i just want to solve this. Thanks for your help mate :smile:
Reply 12
She's my everything and i'm glad you understand, i just want to solve this. Thanks for your help mate :smile:

Yeah I totally understand where you're coming from. Sadly I don't have much experience/success in dealing with jealous people. I usually tend to spot these things early on before I'm actually in a relationship with the person.

But I think ultimately you have to sit down with her and talk, explain to her that she has nothing to be worried about and you're not interested in those girls. And explain to her that you need to simply trust eachother because jealousy and possessiveness make for very unhappy relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending