The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twig
I liked this graph. Where did you find the original question? Trying to similarly a good source of "different" graph sketching questions.

Look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1838826 for my attempt.

Hope that helped (and if you find some nice graph sketching qs, keep them coming!)

Thanks =D. I have a sheet of a load of graphs that I was sketching in prep for my interview. If anyone is interested in the others on the sheet, they are:
y = xsinx
y = xcosx
y = (e^x)*sinx
y = (e^x)*cosx
y = lnsinx
y = lncosx
y = sin(1/x)
y^3 = x^3 +1
y = e^(sinx)
y = (sinx)/x
y = (lnx)/x
y = sin(e^x)
y = xlnx
y = x^x
y = x^x^x
Original post by maths134
Thanks =D. I have a sheet of a load of graphs that I was sketching in prep for my interview. If anyone is interested in the others on the sheet, they are:
y = xsinx
y = xcosx
y = (e^x)*sinx
y = (e^x)*cosx
y = lnsinx
y = lncosx
y = sin(1/x)
y^3 = x^3 +1
y = e^(sinx)
y = (sinx)/x
y = (lnx)/x
y = sin(e^x)
y = xlnx
y = x^x
y = x^x^x

Nice, some of those look very interesting! :biggrin: Good job! *Thumbs Up*
Reply 3622
Original post by maths134
y = xsinx
y = xcosx
y = (e^x)*sinx
y = (e^x)*cosx
y = lnsinx
y = lncosx
y = sin(1/x)
y^3 = x^3 +1
y = e^(sinx)
y = (sinx)/x
y = (lnx)/x
y = sin(e^x)
y = xlnx
y = x^x
y = x^x^x

Thanks for this. Will get started!
Warwick Maths and Econ offer!
I know this is like a decade late compared to most of the people here: But Warwick offer. Allez!

Oh, offer from Bath too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Got an offer from Warwick and infact my offer constitutes no maths haha.
Original post by Small123
Got an offer from Warwick and infact my offer constitutes no maths haha.

Pahaha... :biggrin: Fair enough since you already have the A*A*2.

Congratulations! :woo: Got my offer today too :smile:
Original post by Beth1234
Pahaha... :biggrin: Fair enough since you already have the A*A*2.

Congratulations! :woo: Got my offer today too :smile:

Sweet! Warwick too? And well I was hoping I could sneak additional further maths in as that last A but they've specified it has to be chemistry or physics which isn't good :/
Sweet! Warwick too? And well I was hoping I could sneak additional further maths in as that last A but they've specified it has to be chemistry or physics which isn't good :/

Yup, Warwick too :smile: Offer was to get a 2 in any STEP.

Well, it sort of makes sense - you need to have some sort of breadth in your education :P Cambridge might ask you for that too, you know. Shouldn't be very hard!
Yup, Warwick too :smile: Offer was to get a 2 in any STEP.

Well, it sort of makes sense - you need to have some sort of breadth in your education :P Cambridge might ask you for that too, you know. Shouldn't be very hard!

Means I've gotta be running on all cylinders though hah :p:!
Means I've gotta be running on all cylinders though hah :p:!

Meh, just focus on maths and chemistry this year :biggrin: A-level physics is just plain boring...

(Any physics lovers out there - I'm sorry, I didn't mean it... don't shoot me! :ahhhhh:)
Meh, just focus on maths and chemistry this year :biggrin: A-level physics is just plain boring...

(Any physics lovers out there - I'm sorry, I didn't mean it... don't shoot me! :ahhhhh:)

That hurt. In the heart. And my soul.

A level physics was quite boring, but astrophysics :love:
Original post by ben-smith
That hurt. In the heart. And my soul.

Hey, physics is a wonderful subject! The A-level that consists of little other than memorising definitions and mark schemes is boring... :yawn:

Original post by cpdavis
A level physics was quite boring, but astrophysics :love:

No! Quantum physics ftw! :albertein: :biggrin:

imho, special relativity has a much nicer mathematical framework behind it.
Poincare group :love:
Hey, physics is a wonderful subject! The A-level that consists of little other than memorising definitions and mark schemes is boring... :yawn:

Although the link between quantum and astro are quite strong, I just find the study of stars much more interesting :moon:
Original post by ben-smith
imho, special relativity has a much nicer mathematical framework behind it.
Poincare group :love:

It's all about the K-calculus, one fo the great misnomers of maths. I find it amazing that special relativity can be thought of via such a simple mathematical framework.
(edited 12 years ago)
Got an interview for Worcester, oxford :biggrin:
Reply 3638
Original post by Miller693
Ooh wow, the year in Europe courses do sound kind of exciting at any rate. Well done on your offers, and good luck for Oxford; I think we're both going to need it! Let me know when you find out either way. :smile:

Hey, i got an interview today, just thought i'd let you know since you asked :smile:
Finally got the email off Durham asking for UMS

Latest