The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Besakt
Yeah but most med schools have started giving out interviews some have even started giving out offers. Everybody has started receiving offers and interviews in school for their subjects, and I'm here having heard nothing. :frown:

They've started giving them out but that doesn't mean they're anywhere near done giving them out :smile: The unis that have handed out offers already do them quite soon after the interviews so that's not disadvantageous to you- they've just already voiced their decision whereas other unis are waiting til March.

I haven't heard anything either, whereas most people I know have interviews and one has an offer (for med- not even gonna get started on the non-med people :p:). Interviews are given out randomly so honestly don't stress although easier said than done.

It's more important, in the long run, to get AAA in Y13 than to get an offer, because if you don't get an offer then loads of unis prefer reapplicants to first timers, but if you have to resit, options are more limited. Although I remember reading somewhere on here that you're wanting to move out, so a gap year must seem quite daunting. :frown: All the same- if interviews can be given out between now and March, then only 1.5 months have passed out of 4.5. :smile:
got my first reply and rejection by kcl today :'(
Original post by Besakt
I hate waiting. :frown: Coming up to two months now and still nothing.

Be patient, your time will come :redface:
Original post by whatsaysjimmy

Original post by whatsaysjimmy
got my first reply and rejection by kcl today :'(

Don't worry. You still got 3 others! :smile:
Reply 9644
Just got an interview at Bart's!!!!! So happy!!!

15th December at 3:25pm Group D :smile:
Reply 9645
Original post by YesDoc

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 9646
Original post by Vulpes
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thanks!! :biggrin:
Original post by YesDoc

OMG good luck and I hope you get an offer! Purely for the fact you'll be at the same university as penguinsaysquack. :colone:
Reply 9648
Inbox (1)
*Must be UCAS, so I check it*
Disappointed it's the December TSR newsletter.
Original post by Doctor.
OMG good luck and I hope you get an offer! Purely for the fact you'll be at the same university as penguinsaysquack. :colone:

I feel famous :sexface:

Maybe they should print that in the prospectus :mmm:

Original post by Besakt
Inbox (1)
*Must be UCAS, so I check it*
Disappointed it's the December TSR newsletter.

:console:

Don't miss that feeling :penguinhug:
Reply 9650
at the interview they are most definitely going to ask me about my hobbies, all I have is that I like draw/paint and am a very artistic person, I cannot think about anything else that I do because I don't.

Art doesn't seem to relate to medicine all that much in anyway, and if I get asked about my hobbies, saying that 'I draw' or 'sew' sounds so tedious and in no way shows that I have the appropriate skills to be a doctor, is there anything I could draw from this because I am not going lie or make anything up
Reply 9651
Original post by elle246
at the interview they are most definitely going to ask me about my hobbies, all I have is that I like draw/paint and am a very artistic person, I cannot think about anything else that I do because I don't.

Art doesn't seem to relate to medicine all that much in anyway, and if I get asked about my hobbies, saying that 'I draw' or 'sew' sounds so tedious and in no way shows that I have the appropriate skills to be a doctor, is there anything I could draw from this because I am not going lie or make anything up

they don't want to know about your hobbies because they think they are relevant to medicine, they just want to know that you'll have other things to do rather than just go home and drink away the memory of that patient that had something horrible happen to them
just got invited to interview at leicester :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

so happy, found it in my junk box - it actually got sent yesterday but when i logged in last night and i didn't have any emails in my inbox i just logged straight out again. then i logged in this morning and found it!!! :tongue:
Original post by laurie:)

so happy, found it in my junk box - it actually got sent yesterday but when i logged in last night and i didn't have any emails in my inbox i just logged straight out again. then i logged in this morning and found it!!! :tongue:

Congrats! :biggrin: Wow, 2 interviews already , things are going well for you like I predicted :h:
Reply 9654

:biggrin:
Original post by ViceVersa
Congrats! :biggrin: Wow, 2 interviews already , things are going well for you like I predicted :h:

:h:

its at the end of february :eek:

how did your interview go? :biggrin:
:h:

its at the end of february :eek:

how did your interview go? :biggrin:

You've got ages to prepare (no jealousy there at all..) :rolleyes:

I don't really know, its hard to tell, don't think it went great though and I could have done much better which is a shame :sigh:
Original post by ViceVersa
You've got ages to prepare (no jealousy there at all..) :rolleyes:

I don't really know, its hard to tell, don't think it went great though and I could have done much better which is a shame :sigh:

thanks for updating the stalking page :tongue:

i don't really know how to prepare though cause its a multiple mini interview and its brand new for leicester this year :s-smilie:

do you know when you'll hear back? and everybody always thinks things went worse than they actually did :biggrin:

Haha a lesson is to be learnt here, check your junk mail! I found a couple of acknowledgements in there when I checked a while back :colondollar:

Congratulations on the interview though :thumbsup:
Original post by Normandy114
Haha a lesson is to be learnt here, check your junk mail! I found a couple of acknowledgements in there when I checked a while back :colondollar:

Congratulations on the interview though :thumbsup:

yup!

funny thing is, i used to always check my junk mail in the hope there was an interview invitation hiding in there. a week after i stopped doing that, guess what happened? :tongue: