The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson: strikers should be 'shot' - what a disgusting bastard

He said he would have all public sector strikers "shot" and "would take them outside and execute them in front of them families...

Okay maybe he is being a bit edgy and 'funny' as he usually is but this is beyond a 'joke' and has took it too far. Has he worked a full day in his life to put food on the table, whilst battling fears of unemployment, falling wages/inflation and getting screwed over re. pensions?

To quote Hundal, this isn’t really a joke because he repeats with quite a serious face the lie that they have ‘gold plated pensions’. There was nothing funny in it.

FYI: He gets paid £1,000,000+ from the license payer. I, for one, have complained to the BBC and so should you

edit: -123 neg haha love it guys <3 trolololol
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Right, I tweeted this earlier:

"We live in a free country, Jeremy Clarkson can say what the hell he wants - if you don't like it, don't listen, stop complaining #OneShow"

We know from Top Gear and other programmes his views can be controversial, although he could have been a bit more tactful when referring to suicides of all things.

In three words - haters gonna hate.
Reply 2
Original post by ThePropheticNomad
bla bla bla...

FYI: He gets paid £1,000,000+ from the license payer. I, for one, have complained to the BBC and so should you

I have always wondered who these people are!!!... and now I know...ITS YOU.

What makes people think..."omg ive just seen someone saying something on TV, I must go to my computer, write out an email and COMPLAINNNN"
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Please don't complain. This troll gets enough attention as it is. He's just a gimmick and he'll do what is expected of him till the day his career dies.
Reply 4
Ha, it's funny (well not so much funny as desperately tragic) that in certain parts of the world that is what happens to workers who go on strike for better conditions and trade unionists. I swear once upon a time to be funny you had to actually have wit and talent, rather than simply a knack for saying twatttish and obnoxious things?

EDIT: And since when did having a "gilt edged pension" (if that's what you call it) mean that you don't "work for a living"? What is he on about?
(edited 12 years ago)
it's so extreme that it's obviously a joke.

as for the serious bit about gold plated pensions, that's his opinion and he's allowed to have it.

clear difference between his joke that they should be shot, and his views on the pensions.

and he has worked a day in his life, you don't become presenter without starting at the bottom.
Reply 6
:yawn:
Reply 7
The guy is a right wing tool, always has been, always will be. Just ignore him, and don't watch his terrible programmes.
Reply 8
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Right, I tweeted this earlier:

&quot;We live in a free country, Jeremy Clarkson can say what the hell he wants - if you don't like it, don't listen, stop complaining #OneShow&quot;

We know from Top Gear and other programmes his views can be controversial, although he could have been a bit more tactful when referring to suicides of all things.

In three words - haters gonna hate.

this is the prefect example of something I said the other day about free speech to someone else, well nearly prefect.

Why can't Emma West have freedom of speech? Just becasue it is an incredibly ridiculous one doesnt mean she can't voice it. Just because it is insulting shouldn't mean that she can't have it, I've heard much worse 'jokes' on stand up shows yet nothing is said about those...
(edited 12 years ago)
Would have been even better if Almunia had said it. :tongue:
Original post by colin4president
it's so extreme that it's obviously a joke.

as for the serious bit about gold plated pensions, that's his opinion and he's allowed to have it.

clear difference between his joke that they should be shot, and his views on the pensions.

and he has worked a day in his life, you don't become presenter without starting at the bottom.

please don't compare presenting a ****ty tv show to being a paramedic, a teacher or a nurse.

Original post by Vazzyb
I have always wondered who these people are!!!... and now I know...ITS YOU.

What makes people think..."omg ive just seen someone saying something on TV, I must go to my computer, write out an email and COMPLAINNNN"

XD This is actually my first time. When I called, the switchboard was jammed, because so many people complained but hey nothing will happen because he can get away with murder (no pun intended). And I complained cos my license fee is funding this knob
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
"We live in a free country, Jeremy Clarkson can say what the hell he wants - if you don't like it, don't listen, stop complaining #OneShow

so just because we live in a free country, we're not allowed to hold views on comments made by a prominent TV presenter?

...ok.
Reply 12
wow

so the government can do whatever hell it wants, and we sit there and do nothing?

V vor Vendetta croses my mind.

as a student , i'm already annoyed i'm may be in dept for my entire life if i live that long

IT'S NOT MY FAULT WE JOINED AN ILLEGAL WAR IN IRAQ.
IT'S NOT MY FAUL WE WASTE WAR ON THE ARMY.
IT'S NOT MY FAULT WE ALLOW CAPITALISM/BANKERS...
IT'S NOT MY FAULT AT ALL

SO WHY DO WE SUFFER?
Original post by bestofyou
this is the prefect example of something I said the other day about free speech to someone else, well nearly prefect.

Why can't Emma West have freedom of speech? Just becasue it is an incredibly ridiculous one doesnt mean she can't voice it. Just because it is insulting shouldn't mean that she can't have it, I've heard much worse 'jokes' on stand up shows yet nothing is said about those...

There's a difference between a direct racist tirade on innocent bystanders and saying something tongue-in-cheek that would be fairly expected as part of his on-screen persona - presumably this is why The One Show invited him on in the first place.
haha same here :colondollar:
Original post by justdoit1

as a student , i'm already annoyed i'm may be in dept for my entire life if i live that long

Don't go to university then.

IT'S NOT MY FAULT WE JOINED AN ILLEGAL WAR IN IRAQ.

The Attorney General begged to differ.

IT'S NOT MY FAUL WE WASTE WAR ON THE ARMY.

Waste war? Eh?

IT'S NOT MY FAULT WE ALLOW CAPITALISM/BANKERS...

So what economic method do you propose instead?
Original post by buggity
so just because we live in a free country, we're not allowed to hold views on comments made by a prominent TV presenter?

...ok.

Oh come on, do you honestly think the BBC just let him say it? They would have had scripts, many rehearsals and all sorts of red tape to get through before they were allowed to go live. They would have known what he was going to say long before the cameras were switched on.

It's obvious the new series of Top Gear is just around the corner, Clarkson works for the BBC, so they invite him on, say some controversial stuff, put him in the public spotlight, raise brand awareness and then, as if by magic, the new series of Top Gear starts and with record viewing figures.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
I think it's pretty clear that he's joking here... I don't think anyone could say "while the rest of us have to work for a living" if they're a TV presenter without any sense of irony. He's got a cushy job and he knows it. Plus, it's classic Jeremy Clarkson.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by pol pot noodles
Don't go to university then.

The Attorney General begged to differ.

Waste war? Eh?

So what economic method do you propose instead?

this government will topple lol. Trust me. YES we need to make cuts BUT WE SHOULDN'T HAVE WASTED THE MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

NO MORE WARS!

tax the damn bankers more. raise taxes on alcohol , ciggaretes.

the bad stuff people like. not education!

get rid of micky mouse subjects with no end job or intelectual satisfaction

like lady gaga studies
Reply 19
itsn't it funny how millionares tell us poor people not to complain?

we are the 99%.

V for vendetta.

The Mahdi is coming.

Quick Reply