The Student Room Group

Why are women sluts and deny it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So men of TSR/this thread...what would you think would be an acceptable threshold? At what point does a woman become a slut? :s-smilie:
Reply 41
Original post by Lucia.
So men of TSR/this thread...what would you think would be an acceptable threshold? At what point does a woman become a slut? :s-smilie:

I think it's more the fact that, if they were up front about it, i would be okay fair enough. It's the fact they aren't, they say they like a certain type of man when they dont, and generally are just deceiving people to uphold a fantasy that is their lady like reputation. I guarantee the average girl has made out with lots more guys than a guy has made out with a girl, but they would not say this.
Reply 42
Original post by gorila7
I think it's more the fact that, if they were up front about it, i would be okay fair enough. It's the fact they aren't, they say they like a certain type of man when they dont, and generally are just deceiving people to uphold a fantasy that is their lady like reputation. I guarantee the average girl has made out with lots more guys than a guy has made out with a girl, but they would not say this.

So what about men that aren't so up-front about sleeping with alot of women? YES there are some, plenty of people believe my bestfriend is a virgin when he has infact slept with alot of (badly chosen) women.
Reply 43
Original post by gorila7

Well I don't think I'm one of them and I'm an honest person. At the same time I don't judge people who do. It's just not my thing. I agree that people should be more honest about their sexuality. It's something that should be talked about anyway and not pushed back.

I think you've hit on something there. I tend to see it that if you actually care about people knowing then you might not be secure enough in yourself to be doing all that stuff. So I tend to be pretty honest about what I've done (got a lot of enemies because of this even though I haven't done much at all :s-smilie:). I don't think girls are lying to deceive men. It's 'cause women call other women sluts a lot. So much for the sisterhood/female empowerment.
Reply 44
Original post by KJ_the_crazy_chick
Why is it bad that if a girl enjoy sex and has some casual fun? It is no one's business.

That's not what the word "slut" means though is it.
Reply 45
Original post by echeee
So what about men that aren't so up-front about sleeping with alot of women? YES there are some, plenty of people believe my bestfriend is a virgin when he has infact slept with alot of (badly chosen) women.

Lol, i dont know how many men are not up front about women they've slept with but i dont think its many. Giving me one example of your best friend doesn't really strengthen your case, and the fact is he doesnt go around denying what he's done.
Reply 46
Original post by gorila7
Lol, i dont know how many men are not up front about women they've slept with but i dont think its many. Giving me one example of your best friend doesn't really strengthen your case, and the fact is he doesnt go around denying what he's done.

Would you like me to video record it nexr time for better evidence?

So because you don't know many means they don't exist? I suppose it's okay for a man to behave that way though? Don't mean deny cheating plenty of times? Kind of the same thing. Denying about sleeping with random women? lol. You just sound like a very bitter person.
Reply 47
Original post by Lucia.
Well I don't think I'm one of them and I'm an honest person. At the same time I don't judge people who do. It's just not my thing. I agree that people should be more honest about their sexuality. It's something that should be talked about anyway and not pushed back.

I think you've hit on something there. I tend to see it that if you actually care about people knowing then you might not be secure enough in yourself to be doing all that stuff. So I tend to be pretty honest about what I've done (got a lot of enemies because of this even though I haven't done much at all :s-smilie:). I don't think girls are lying to deceive men. It's 'cause women call other women sluts a lot. So much for the sisterhood/female empowerment.

I think you're kidding yourself tbh lol. People more honest about sexuality? No we're specifically talking about women here. And women lie to deceive men and other women, mainly to men as you women really know the truth
Reply 48
Original post by echeee
Would you like me to video record it nexr time for better evidence?

So because you don't know many means they don't exist? I suppose it's okay for a man to behave that way though? Don't mean deny cheating plenty of times? Kind of the same thing. Denying about sleeping with random women? lol. You just sound like a very bitter person.

Men dont behave that way you idiot, we are proud when we get laid ffs. I honestly dont know what you are trying to say. And no, normally a man would own up to cheating. Women cheat constantly in ways of flirting, lieing, etc etc
Reply 49
Why do you think it matters to you what a person's sexual history is when you're dating? Do you need to know exactly how many sexual partners she's had? Surely what's more important is the person that they are at the time you're dating rather than whatever their past is...unless of course their past is somehow indicative of their personality.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Flirting isn't cheating. People do it all the time..(obviously if it got physical in any way that would be cheating).
Reply 51
Original post by Lucia.
Why do you think it matters to you what a person's sexual history is when you're dating? Do you need to know exactly how many sexual partners she's had? Surely it's more important the person that they are at the time you're dating rather than whatever their past is...unless of course their past is somehow indicative of their personality.

Omg. You're a typical woman, you dont take logic into any considerations in an argument. It would be nice to know how many sexual partners, actually, and woman would outright lie about it. And the person they are are comprised of the actions in their past and present so ofc it will be indicative of their personality. It's the fact they deny being such blatent sluts which annoys guys
Reply 52
Original post by Lucia.
Flirting isn't cheating. People do it all the time..(obviously if it got physical in any way that would be cheating).

Women do it all the time, and pretend to be innocent with it and act dumb and stupid lolol. Might blame it on the guy for leading them on though, but probably wont have time for that and will give them a quickie.
Reply 53
Original post by gorila7
Women do it all the time, and pretend to be innocent with it and act dumb and stupid lolol. Might blame it on the guy for leading them on though, but probably wont have time for that and will give them a quickie.

Men also do the same so stop blaming the ladies, takes two to tango
Reply 54
Original post by gorila7
Omg. You're a typical woman, you dont take logic into any considerations in an argument. It would be nice to know how many sexual partners, actually, and woman would outright lie about it. And the person they are are comprised of the actions in their past and present so ofc it will be indicative of their personality. It's the fact they deny being such blatent sluts which annoys guys

Nah I wasn't arguing with you. I was curious about why you think it's an important piece of information. :smile: Anyway you've answered the question now. I guess what you're saying is that you're annoyed about how women are able to manipulate men? I think to a certain extent it works the other way round too. People have so many different sides to their character.

I'm going to chip in and say that I don't think that people's actions in the past are always indicative of their personality. To say that seems really judgemental to me because it doesn't allow people to change. Maybe women who have that past and have changed don't want to mention it because they know they will be judged on it.
Reply 55
Original post by gorila7

Sounds like you got burned by a woman and are now spiteful. Build a bridge and get over it.
Reply 56
Original post by gorila7

I flirt a lot (not with people who have gfs though). It doesn't mean I'm up for it all the time. :rolleyes: I never blame a guy or say that he's leading me on...I've probably been more guilty of that myself :redface: (please don't chastise me too much because I've decided to be honest)

Sounds like you've had some bad experiences with women. Do you think if you got to know some more it would alter your opinion?
Reply 57
I will reply to everybody tommorrow but i really need to get to bed have college tommorrow!

I'll leave you lovely ladies with this song :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mto7Kg2Hrzg
Reply 58
Original post by gorila7
I will reply to everybody tommorrow but i really need to get to bed have college tommorrow!

I'll leave you lovely ladies with this song :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mto7Kg2Hrzg

hahahahahaha
Reply 59
Probably the same reason my toaster has when it burns my bread every morning yet promises to not do it again. Because it wants it again and again and again.

'Oh, i'm sorry, I won't burn your toast next time. I promise. Look, i'm on setting number 3, i'm not a toast slut'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending