The Student Room Group

Racism on the Tram!!! Appalling!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frankieboy

:tongue:

j/k aside, She claims it's "her" country, well perhaps this country doesn't want people like her to claim ownership of it. Perhaps she doesn't have the right to it unless she conducts herself in an appropriate manner.
And equally as important about the kid. We should expect the same from our citizens who were born here as we expect from the citizens that we take in.

For the record, I don't particularly like living in Britain. But so long as I do so, I conduct myself appropriately, or at least try to.

Dare I ask but.... what's "coming" ?

Ha didn't notice the statee bit. Hehe RIP MJ.

As for what's coming well Breivik ranted about the same thing but he's just been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia....hint hint....
Some years ago the BBC (I think) aired a series of programmes that investigated the genetic history of a number of UK residents.

The participants included several indigenous white people, black British, immigrants and mixed-race.

Notably, a number of indigenous white people contained a higher percentage of African origin genes than some immigrants and mixed-race people.

Skin colour, ergo, could be considered a mask for true identity. Remove the mask and you see the truth.

Bigotry is a human trait not limited to white skinned people but often linked to ethnic, religious, sexual and even regional majorities who consider their status as the norm.

People flock to this country because it is liberal, welcoming, interesting, beautiful, accessible, safe and multi-cultural.

Original post by lulubel
are you white? if so, do you take some kind of of masochistic pleasure from having your ethnic group denigrated and the history of your ancestors trashed by bigoted freaks who hate white people?

surely, you must be aware that these racists are looking forward to the day when they become the majority group in britain? when their 'people' are in charge. i see the gloating all the time on this forum.

these racists spout their bigoted narrative of history that blames white people collectively for every evil that has ever taken place in human history.

these racists live in britain. they bite the hand while it is feeding them. hypocrites.............
Original post by Jonny123
Some years ago the BBC (I think) aired a series of programmes that investigated the genetic history of a number of UK residents.

Yeah I vaguely remember something like that. Wonder whether it's on youtube? What was it called again, can you remember?
Original post by frankieboy
Yeah I vaguely remember something like that. Wonder whether it's on youtube? What was it called again, can you remember?

Yes it was a series of programmes under the banner White. I remember them but never watched them. I also remember a documentary on the BBC a few years back about women who didn't shave their armpits called Hair. Interesting lot the Beeb. At least they still allow Wogan to take over TV one Friday night a year.
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Yes it was a series of programmes under the banner White. I remember them but never watched them. I also remember a documentary on the BBC a few years back about women who didn't shave their armpits called Hair. Interesting lot the Beeb. At least they still allow Wogan to take over TV one Friday night a year.

haven't spoke to you since time :tongue: how are things going? :colone:

about this thread....the two vids I have seen.....it shows there is intolerance present....but people that live in England should be able to speak the language or at least TRY! but getting rude on a tram is no way to express it....a lyrical clash would of settled it :wink: :rolleyes:
Reply 1305
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOAHZ9sA0jo

I think it's fair to say this deserves 100x more attention than the tram lady.
I've only just seen the OP's video, and it honestly makes me despair that children are being brought up by a woman for whom ignorance is too light an adjective. Perhaps she'd been drinking. Either way, I feel sorry for that child more than anything.

Also, the level of swearing in those two minutes is just ridiculous. Such a dismal, dismal vocabulary that woman does have (but she knew the word 'Nicaragua'? :lolwut: )

Either way, not a proud moment for her....

I love the hug that guy got. Renewed my faith in humanity. :biggrin:
What do all of you think about the racist woman on the tram? I think she was totally out of order!
Bite the hand that feeds them? Oh please my dear snap back to reality and get your brain out of the 19th Century.

Also it's funny how you label others as racists given the nature of your posts. I believe the words pot and kettle come to mind. Idiot.

I'm afraid I must agree with Lulu; when one looks at the employment stats for Asians from typically Muslim nations, all the hate seems hilarious (considering the fact that the capitalist system of the nasty white man is what's allowing them to live). If the numbers of British Muslims continue to increase and their attitude towards this nation and work ("We don't work 'cos the British owe us for what they stole" etc) doesn't change, this place will look increasingly third world. At this point in time, loads of highly skilled immigrants from places such as India, China and Nigeria come here and contribute (relative to their small population) more than whites, we also have the top CEOs and bankers who are often white or Jewish as well as an educated middle class made up mainly of whites. Now if this place becomes less stable and/or taxes increase to sustain a growing population of people taking more from this country than they are contributing, the model minority groups as well as middle class whites will just pack up and leave, and suddenly this place will look something like South America did, 20 years ago.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KingMessi
I've only just seen the OP's video, and it honestly makes me despair that children are being brought up by a woman for whom ignorance is too light an adjective. Perhaps she'd been drinking. Either way, I feel sorry for that child more than anything.

Also, the level of swearing in those two minutes is just ridiculous. Such a dismal, dismal vocabulary that woman does have (but she knew the word 'Nicaragua'? :lolwut: )

Either way, not a proud moment for her....

I love the hug that guy got. Renewed my faith in humanity. :biggrin:

I think she was trying to make a joke about Nigeria and, the N-word. Besides, there are more whites in Nicaragua than there are blacks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Cant John Terry keep his wife at home?! Gawd
Reply 1311
Life's too short to be pissed off all the time, it's just sad that sometimes people try to look for the easy option in life and target a group of people instead of what the problem there is.
Exactly you hit the nail on the head there. I don't think birthrates is something we can do much about it but mainly it's a case of educating people about values etc. I.e. there are still a lot of muslims and those of other ethnicities who despite being 2nd or 3rd generation (maybe 4th in some cases) still feel as they're not British/English. I think I spoke about this experience on another thread about how I've always cosndiered myself British-Asian and my fellow "Asians" used to take digs at me as if I were some traitor because I hung around with people of different backgrounds....coconut is the term they use.

Anyways there are still many people like that. I think the BBC did a poll a few years back where 49% of Asians (Ind/Pak/Bang/Asian sub-continent) considered themselves Asian and not British which is a bit sad. I mean ethnically ofcourse they're asian and obviously many aspects of their culture especially at home/religion but they too are still very much a part of Britain by being born, raised and educated here. There are some Asians I knew at school who hated Britain with a passion to which I always wondered then why on Earth are you still here if you hate it that much? The sort who will always support the team England are playing against which I find really disheartening and unpatriotic.

You talk about the Empire putting this into people's mindsets. It's true there is ill feeling about that and with good reason but we can't re-write history and I think the vast majority of people Brits or otherwise accept the Empire wasn't a proud moment in our history. But rather than beat ourselves up about it for the next 300 odd years we have to move and make the present day situation better and in essence the future. If people are always going to go back to the days of the Empire being the root of all conflicts and racial tension then we'll never get anywhere. Even if every single racial and religious group migrated from every other country back to their country of origin believe it will still be a tense world if not even more so.

You mention about the far-right in Europe and give Denmark as an example. What you have to remember is despite the ethnic mix across Europe it's probably in essence a lot easier for different cultures to integrate in Britain (and by that virtue Canada and the US) because of the fact the English language is so widely spoken and the major influence of American/English culture world-wide. Danish isn't a widely spoken language worldwide and being a potential doctor it would be a major stumbling block for me to want to go and live and work in Denmark (especially work!) without speaking a word of Danish. But then I am mindful of the fact there are a lot of ethnic groups settling in the UK who don't speak English. But I maintain that I don't think issues with regards to integratrion are as bad in the UK as they are in parts of Europe and I don't see a trend towards far-right politics not now, not ever.

If it was going to happen there was plenty of opportunity for it to happen be it in the 70s and 80s when groups like the NF and even C-18 had a lot of hardened support. Even going as far back as 2001 with the race riots in the North of England in Oldham (not too far from me here in Manchester), Burnley, Bradford. At that time the BNP did get a lot of support. I distinctly remember at the 2001 General Election Nick Griffin finishing 3rd in the Oldham election behind the Tories and Labour and ahead of the Lib Dems. That was pretty significant and for some time the BNP made Oldham a happy-hunting ground. Now they've unofficially ceased operations here due to dwindling support.

The far-right brigade on TSR will shout and scream that the vast majority of people in the UK believe in the BNP's policies but if that were the case then they would have come into power a long time ago. Even with the Tories in power at the moment I wouldn't say it suggests for one moment that British consciousness is shifting to the "right" after all they didn't win a majority. Even then being right-wing doesn't equate to racism. Historically the Conservatives have had more support and fielded more candidates from ethnic minorities than Labour and the Lib Dems combined.

Obviously I say all this because ultimately like the next hard-working Brit, I don't want to see this coutnry slide into ruin and isolation from the rest of the world as a result of far-right politics taking a grip and I still believe it won't happen. We are far too progressive and forward thinking a society for that to happen and the handful of "oiks" you see here on TSR who got lost on the way to Stormfront do not represent the views of the vast majority of students, young people or British people be they white, black, brown, turquoise etc.

Can I get an Amen?

With the exception of the last paragraph I largely agree; I think it's arrogant to assume the far right could never become big again though. The Netherlands used to be the most liberal country in Europe, now look at it (Same with the Weimar Republic). As for Denmark I'm fairly sure they have a massive immigrant population (perhaps I misunderstood your point). As for the empire, with the exception of the mess made in India (which was at least as much the fault of a certain imperialist religion which invaded before Europeam colonialism even started, as it was the British), I would say that it's affect on the wealth of countries it used to control has been vastly overstating.

Good luck with becoming a doctor.
(edited 12 years ago)
I think she was...racist. :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kiss
Life's too short to be pissed off all the time, it's just sad that sometimes people try to look for the easy option in life and target a group of people instead of what the problem there is.

so are you saying that she was right in doing what she did?
Original post by Jonny123

The participants included several indigenous white people, black British, immigrants and mixed-race.

Notably, a number of indigenous white people contained a higher percentage of African origin genes than some immigrants and mixed-race people.

Skin colour, ergo, could be considered a mask for true identity. Remove the mask and you see the truth.

Bigotry is a human trait not limited to white skinned people but often linked to ethnic, religious, sexual and even regional majorities who consider their status as the norm.

People flock to this country because it is liberal, welcoming, interesting, beautiful, accessible, safe and multi-cultural.

Oh come on, when people have their genotypes studied the introns are also analysed, and they do nothing (despite making up loads of a person's DNA), so saying we're 99% the same based on this seems dishonest. If you want you investigate similarities between people only the exons should be analysed.
Reply 1316
Original post by SuperSmarrt
so are you saying that she was right in doing what she did?

No
Original post by Bill_Gates
Cant John Terry keep his wife at home?! Gawd

It's where he puts her when Vanessa Perroncel is around
Original post by crocker710
It's where he puts her when Vanessa Perroncel is around

Gives her an around trip nowonder these incidents are popping up all over the country!

Gives her an around trip nowonder these incidents are popping up all over the country!

What what is what and where?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending