The Student Room Group

Pulling an all-nighter for a deadline

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm doing an all nighter too :redface:

I have a 4000 word essay and a 5000 word project both due for tomorrow. I started both of these about a week ago, so tonight i am just finishing them off. I am not expecting a good grade :frown:
I have another 2000 or so words left and then I'm free till mid January!

Good to know there are others suffering with essays through the night too!
Reply 21
I have a 2000-2500 word essay to write on patient autonomy and a seminar on clinical negligence for tomorrow. Yaaaay. I've just done a few bullet points and no writing. Since it's in for 4pm, though, just tempted to give up and go to sleep lol.
Reply 22
What, everyone else doesn't normally stay up until 4 or 5 anyway? Must just be me :biggrin:
Hello fellow all nighter people, I've given up trying to work, Im feeling sleepy. I may get a cheeky 2 hours in and then go the library
Though I have never left an essay till the last day, i have spent several nights at the university library doing them so as to earn some time for the other assignments we have to do.
Reply 26
Okay, concept map finished. 120 words into 800 word report. 750 words into 1500 essay. Breakfast is at eight, I wonder if I can be done by then...? Its odd because if I go to breakfast in a bit it will probably still be the most awake I've been at breakfast all semester! XD
Just gonna lie down for a second..

$%£$&%££$
Reply 28
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Just gonna lie down for a second..

$%£$&%££$

Made that mistake last night, hence the all-nighter tonight! My plan otherwise was to stay up half of last night and half of tonight, and still get a little sleep both nights. Didn't happen when at 11.30 I lay down for a 'just resting my eyes' and next thing I knew it was morning... :confused:!
i have very bad headache.....got half or wrk done, strugglin like hell with other half
The birds are annoying me and distracting me from my work!
Reply 31
I've progressed quite a lot, but I really need to be finished by my 10 am lecture and I spent far too much time procrastinating. I think I have time, but I need to get my act together and get off TSR. :redface:
Reply 32
Hmm this last half hour I've suddenly started feeling a lot more tired than I was, and hit a bit of a brick wall because this report is absolutely dire! On 515 words and only really have a conclusion left to write in 300 words, but I don't have much to say in it anyway... gah. Time for a bit of waffling I suppose? :frown:

And then still have 750 words of the other essay to write, and before 10am if possible, with breakfast in the middle... possible?
Come on, you can do it! Close off all distractions and TYPE. Getting started is the hardest, once you get into it it's amazing how much you actually do.
i feel wrecked
i dnt usually feel so tired on all nighters...am getting too old for this
Reply 35
Thankyou! Right, tsr is going off, internet off, going to stop getting up and wandering about or staring into space, going to get this done, and now. Here goes. :biggrin:
Reply 36
I think we've all been there before. Me more than once...

There's always the safety net of having the next day to do it, but when that next day comes you really wish you did it before. I always aim to have an essay completed 3 days before it's supposed to be in at the latest.
just had some egg and bacon, back to work
Reply 38
I handed in my work this morning. Deadline was 7:50am. I made it. I handed it in at 07:37 :smile:. Good luck everyone!!
All I can hear in my head is my Mum saying "Don't put off tomorrow, what you can do today....blah, blah!" :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending