The Student Room Group

Glasgow 2012 dental applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by seeby85
Well for a friend of mine who applied to cambridge his email came through at 8pm so it can be later than 5, but then again it is a different course and different uni. Also wanted to ask that if you got rejected will you get a email saying you have been rejected cause i would rather have that then wait.

The wait is killing me :frown:

Track will be updated & you will receive an E-mail from UCAS. However, lets stay positive !What are stats, Ukcat etc ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Ok cheers for info.

I got 4 A and 1B (Scottish highers) and got predicted 3A's for the three sciences all advanced higher. I got 620 in ukcat.
ahhhh we'll know by the end of the week - scary stuff! today i was literally refreshing my email every 10 mins, i was so jumpy at everything :L
i hope they apologise for the trauma they've caused by all this waiting haha! :P
I've got an invitation for interview through track. Yay.
Reply 24
Original post by Fire Point
I've got an invitation for interview through track. Yay.

Well Done :smile:
Reply 25
Got one aswell!!!!!!!!!! Yassssssssssss
Reply 26
Original post by seeby85
Got one aswell!!!!!!!!!! Yassssssssssss

Hiiiii :smile:
What are your stats ?
Reply 27
I got an interview on the 18th feb!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by Floramb
I got an interview on the 18th feb!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Well Done :biggrin:
I hope you dont mind me asking your stats ?
Reply 29
I receieved an interveiw from TRACK - 19th Feb. !
Can everyone who recieved an interiew please state their UKCAT , therefore we can predict the cut-off score. :smile:

Ukcat - 645
Reply 30
Original post by aqua05
Well Done :biggrin:
I hope you dont mind me asking your stats ?

UKCAT 685.
Predicted A*A*AA

What about you? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by SRK.
I receieved an interveiw from TRACK - 19th Feb. !
Can everyone who recieved an interiew please state their UKCAT , therefore we can predict the cut-off score. :smile:

Ukcat - 645

Someone got an interview with 580 :smile:
I guess the UKCAT cutoff is really low this year :smile: - I THINK :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by floramb
ukcat 685.
Predicted a*a*aa

what about you? :smile:

ukcat 577
predicted a*a*a
Reply 33
Original post by SRK.
Is this person on tsr ? Also, have you recived an interview yet

I just read that persons wallpost on the dental interview page that he/she had participated in the scotland reach program & somehow the ukcat went up to 645 :s-smilie:
No clue though...
I hope the cut off is really low !
Reply 34
Original post by aqua05
I just read that persons wallpost on the dental interview page that he/she had participated in the scotland reach program & somehow the ukcat went up to 645 :s-smilie:
No clue though...
I hope the cut off is really low !

lol I just pressed delete on my post ! Yeah I heard about the REACH programme, it sounds good. Hopefully it is (that the Ukcat is low) - Best of luck to you !
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by seeby85
Ok cheers for info.

I got 4 A and 1B (Scottish highers) and got predicted 3A's for the three sciences all advanced higher. I got 620 in ukcat.

After giving you info. about how getting a e-mail from Track mean you are unsuccessful, I would have never thought- after track got updated- that there would be an invitation lying there for me. Congrats for your interview - when is it ?
Reply 36
Doe anyone have any idea of the statistics for the number of offers given ? ( around 200 interviews are being dished out) .
Reply 37

Original post by SRK.
Doe anyone have any idea of the statistics for the number of offers given ? ( around 200 interviews are being dished out) .

hello :smile: where did you find out that information about dishing 200 interviews out from?
Reply 38
Original post by matilda7
hello :smile: where did you find out that information about dishing 200 interviews out from?

hi, On their website they state :

"Selection

Selection for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery is firstly by qualifications. At time of applying, applicants must be at least on track to gain the qualifications we detail in our Person Specification.

Those with appropriate qualification are selected for interview on the basis of their UK CAT score. The cut-off point varies from year to year and will be the top percentile to select 200 candidates."

here's the link : http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/dental/undergraduate/admissions/aplicant_information/
Reply 39
Original post by matilda7

Have you heard from Glasgow yet - If I may ask, what are your stats , Ukcat etc?

Quick Reply

Latest