The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .eXe
well it wont be instantaneous...they will take some time to give you feedback. might take a few weeks tbh.

edit: youre better off just calling them up. they're nice on the phone.

Oh no i know it wouldn't be but it was just the admissions team got back to me straight away when i emailed about moving to another course. Yeah might try and call them tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Mish Bish
Thats really scary! Not heard either way yet - hopefully you will both get into other med schools! Can I ask what your GCSE / UKCAT/ UCAS scores were?

I think all my stats are in the opening post and my UKCAT score was 657.5.
Reply 482
Original post by charleydavis
I just got rejected from BSMS, they said that competition for places was really high etc etc etc but they've let me apply for other courses at either Brighton or Sussex uni like Biochemistry and Psychology which is sweet of them :smile:

Sorry to hear about your rejection.. your stats are amazing so you have nothing to worry about :smile: Really random tho, but may I ask if they updated your ucas track when they did reject you? Cheers :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dsathi1
Sorry to hear about your rejection.. your stats are amazing so you have nothing to worry about :smile: Really random tho, but may I ask if they updated your ucas track when they did reject you? Cheers :smile:

no worries :smile: sort of expected it really! aw thank you, hopefully i'll hear some good news from somewhere else soon. No, in the letter they said they will consider me for another course at either Brighton or Sussex uni so i've chosen to apply for Neuroscience at Sussex, but the letter says they will keep my application for a month and if they hear nothing from me about choosing another course then they will update my UCAS as unsuccessful for Medicine. Hope that makes some sense haha!
Reply 484
are these rejections post interview or w/o interview?

any guys got offers?
Reply 485
no worries :smile: sort of expected it really! aw thank you, hopefully i'll hear some good news from somewhere else soon. No, in the letter they said they will consider me for another course at either Brighton or Sussex uni so i've chosen to apply for Neuroscience at Sussex, but the letter says they will keep my application for a month and if they hear nothing from me about choosing another course then they will update my UCAS as unsuccessful for Medicine. Hope that makes some sense haha!

Lol oh right, and yes dw it makes sense :biggrin: you will deffo hear good news somewhere. if you dont, esp with your stats, i will be gobsmacked!

Good idea with the neuroscience course.. (Y) have you received any offers yet? or rejections?
Original post by dsathi1
Lol oh right, and yes dw it makes sense :biggrin: you will deffo hear good news somewhere. if you dont, esp with your stats, i will be gobsmacked!

Good idea with the neuroscience course.. (Y) have you received any offers yet? or rejections?

fingers crossed :smile: yeah i was interested in it anyway so it's nice they're letting me apply to another course. Nope just the BSMS rejection and then an offer from Kings to do Biochemsitry, you? where else have you applied?
Reply 487
fingers crossed :smile: yeah i was interested in it anyway so it's nice they're letting me apply to another course. Nope just the BSMS rejection and then an offer from Kings to do Biochemsitry, you? where else have you applied?

Oh man. Well in a way its good news, because noone else has rejected you :biggrin:

I've got my backup interview for pharmacy at reading coming up. I also got a rejection from St George's BUT i wasn't meant to because my school did something stupid, so they're sorting it out with St George's at the moment. Hopefully, they'll reconsider my application (Y)

I've also applied to UEA, Peninsula and BSMS :smile: what about you?
Original post by .eXe
why the hell would someone neg me for this post??

pos given to try and even it out...just realised it makes no difference as my rep is so low...oh well...

I quite agree with you though, some people are so silly!
Reply 489
Original post by Steerforth
pos given to try and even it out...just realised it makes no difference as my rep is so low...oh well...

I quite agree with you though, some people are so silly!

Oh thanks, I don't really care about those, most likely people negged it just cause the post was about rejections.

Have you applied to BSMS? I have and I am intl so waiting patiently and hopefully for interview which will most likely be in 2 months time (fingers crossed)
Original post by .eXe
why the hell would someone neg me for this post??

i think you got negged because it sounded like you expect an interview? saying youd like some notice is quite arrogant, your basically saying you know you havnt been rejected so want time to prepare for your interview. :smile:
Original post by .eXe
Oh thanks, I don't really care about those, most likely people negged it just cause the post was about rejections.

Have you applied to BSMS? I have and I am intl so waiting patiently and hopefully for interview which will most likely be in 2 months time (fingers crossed)

Yep, applied to bsms but no interview as of yet. I count myself lucky though, already have two interviews lined up at manch and newc.

An interview at bsms would be incredible though, it looks like a really nice course. Not sure if i will get one...it is sooo competitive.
Original post by dsathi1
Oh man. Well in a way its good news, because noone else has rejected you :biggrin:

I've got my backup interview for pharmacy at reading coming up. I also got a rejection from St George's BUT i wasn't meant to because my school did something stupid, so they're sorting it out with St George's at the moment. Hopefully, they'll reconsider my application (Y)

I've also applied to UEA, Peninsula and BSMS :smile: what about you?

ahh okay well good luck for that :smile: ohh what did your school do to mess it up? i've applied to Kings, Keele and Bristol as well as BSMS and then Kings for Biochem which i've got an offer for :smile:
Reply 493
ahh okay well good luck for that :smile: ohh what did your school do to mess it up? i've applied to Kings, Keele and Bristol as well as BSMS and then Kings for Biochem which i've got an offer for :smile:

They stupidly forgot to put that I was predicted a B for the subject I dropped because I'm resitting the modules, so SGUL thought my grades were AAAc, and they require AAAb. The school have realised it's their fault for not including this info but hopefully they'll reconsider it as it's not my fault.

Well done on your offer! And good luck with the rest :biggrin:
Reply 494
Original post by Mish Bish
Thats really scary! Not heard either way yet - hopefully you will both get into other med schools! Can I ask what your GCSE / UKCAT/ UCAS scores were?

GCSE - 7a* 3a
UKCAT 655
AS - 4as
A2 predictions 2a* & 1a

I have an interview from leicester and 2 unis yet to reply so it's not looking too bad :smile: Good luck!
Original post by Nattyt
I have an interview for tomorrow also. i was only given 8 days notice which is a bit of a nightmare, already had one interview at Liverpool which is luck otherwise i wouldn't have had enough time to prepar fully!! good luck tomorrow!

How did your interview go?
I got rejected this morning too. Do you think you'll apply for any of the other courses they suggested. I've emailed them saying i want to be considered for Neuroscience at Sussex. I tried calling for feedback then realised the strike is on so Brighton is closed today haha :smile:

nah not yet...will probs do it sometime today but i cant decide what to apply for. I'm thinking maybe pharmacy or biomed( i think sussex is ranked quite high)?? also does it matter that our PS's are focused on medicine alone? do we have to submit another PS via email or something? or do they not matter?
Original post by .eXe
oh no, someone else also got rejection today. I guess today is the day bsms is sending them out :frown: hope you're successful in your other choices!

may i ask if you are home or intl applicant and if its okay can you also post your stats so we can have an idea of what bsms are looking for :s

home applicant

already got my a-levels

maths A*
h.bio A
chem A
phys B

general studies B

UKCAT: 645 avg

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 498
Original post by scrubber
GCSE - 7a* 3a
UKCAT 655
AS - 4as
A2 predictions 2a* & 1a

I have an interview from leicester and 2 unis yet to reply so it's not looking too bad :smile: Good luck!

Good Luck! I am guessing I will be rejected as you have a better academic score than me... fingers crossed for Leicester and the other 2...
Original post by nahim9393
nah not yet...will probs do it sometime today but i cant decide what to apply for. I'm thinking maybe pharmacy or biomed( i think sussex is ranked quite high)?? also does it matter that our PS's are focused on medicine alone? do we have to submit another PS via email or something? or do they not matter?

ah okay :smile: yeah i think individually, sussex is ranked much higher than Brighton. I called them yesterday and the admissions lady at Sussex said that they will expect our personal statements to be "heavily weighted" towards medicine but that if we want to, we can email them directly with a revised personal statement that they'll attach to our applications to the other courses. I was wondering though, if we apply to another course will be considered separately to everyone else applying for that course, so technically we could get rejected from the alternative course too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending