The Student Room Group

Thoughts on current debate, stunning or Jewish, Islamic methods of slaughter?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Well that is another topic, whether people should eat animals at all. but if you do , theres no reason why animals should subjected to a bleeding out before they die.

And regarding penguins - they are not mentioned in the rule you refer and they span two different categories - birds of prey and living in the water

No it is not of another topic. I am talking about people who eat factory farmed meat then call the Muslim and Jewish method of preparing meat inhumane, when the meat they eat themselves has been prepared in a cruel way aswell, which is hypocritical of them.

Now the penguin question is off-topic if you want it answered I suggest you go on the ask about Islam thread or TSR ISOC for an answer.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=29

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1240627
Original post by callum9999
There is a very good reason - hypocrisy. Everyone who has ever expressed their disapproval of halal/kosher slaughter methods to me have happily admitted they buy factory farmed food. These people see nothing wrong (well, they generally make up some rubbish about how it's bad but they can't afford high-welfare food so they are somehow forced to purchase it) with eating the meat/eggs of an animal that has suffered it's entire life, yet get all high and mighty because an animal may suffer for a few seconds/minutes at the time of slaughter. What's the difference? One is done by those evil Muslims/Jews...

And argue with me if you want, but I refuse to accept that people who are happy for animals to be killed for their pleasure have any real passion for the welfare of farmed animals.

This point has already been addressed earlier - kosher/halal animals are not necessarrily free range - you only need to go to indonesia the largest muslim country in the world to see that. what was your point?
Original post by Besakt

Now the penguin question is off-topic if you want it answered I suggest you go on the ask about Islam thread or TSR ISOC for an answer.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=29

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1240627

Why do i need to ask them, what makes their opinion more valid than mine? the penguin is not mentioned because it was not known by mohammed. So you can only use your own logic
Reply 63
Original post by noisy06
Even if animals died in excruciating pain, why should we care? Have you got a book from God saying that we should care?

It's people like you that really worry me.

You do realise animals feel the same pain as we can?

I also don't believe in any religion and I am Agnostic-Atheist.
Reply 64
I have a big pair, Do you know anything about islam? Idols are haram in islam but childrens dolls are specifically mentioned in hadiths because they are for children and educational - so are given dispensation. Cartoons ( unless educational) are NOT allowable just like any other haram image.
If they were, then why would a cartoon of mohammed cause such outrage?

Any picture of God and His Messengers is blasphemy.
Reply 65
Why do i need to ask them, what makes their opinion more valid than mine? the penguin is not mentioned because it was not known by mohammed. So you can only use your own logic

Again off topic.
So you can see it from an alternative view point, I don't know what sources you use but they may/may not be very accurate and you can see what views current Muslims have on the matter. Are you so ignorant and naive as to not even do this.

Also you did not reply to the point I made which is related to the OP.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by noisy06
Any picture of God and His Messengers is blasphemy.

So is any picture of any animate character to imitate any of his creations is classed as a kabirah sin
Reply 67
Original post by Tahooper

Are you vegetarian?
Reply 68

I'm just saying that you have no proof as to why we should care whether animals are in pain or not. So you're in no position to tell anybody how they can and cannot slaughter animals. I was being sarcastic when I said, have you got a book from God? I agree that animals should not be put in excessive pain, but at the end of the day if someone believes that this is the way God ordered them to be slaughtered, then why should they give a damn about your views?
Reply 69
Original post by callum9999
You mean the welfare of living creatures which you lock up and then kill for your pleasure? How noble of you...

Never heard of "free-range" have you? :facepalm:

Animals aren't killed for pleasure, they are killed so we can eat their meat which is high in protein, essential fats et al.

Animals aren't killed for pleasure, they are killed so we can eat their meat which is high in protein, essential fats et al.

Yeah but you can get all the protein/fat you need from other non-meat sources. There's no need to kill any animals for survival.
Reply 71
So is any picture of any animate character to imitate any of his creations is classed as a kabirah sin

No, cartoons are not part of the kabaa'ir, but a real portrait is. Artists who draw detailed portraits of human and animal faces are doing a major sin.
Original post by Besakt
Again off topic.
So you can see it from an alternative view point, I don't know what sources you use but they may/may not be very accurate and you can see what views current Muslims have on the matter. Are you so ignorant and naive as to not even do this.

Also you did not reply to the point I made which is related to the OP.

Re your first question, farmed animals are reared for the sole purpose of providing a meat food source, not to torture prior to slaughter which has nothing to do with the food chain. There is no hypocracy in that.
Reply 73

Killing free-range or factory farmed animals both causes pain. Yes, one arguably one method causes less pain than others but neither cause no pain at all.

Exactly Muslims and Jews do not go around killing the animals for pleasure they kill so they can eat the high protein meat.
Reply 74
Original post by noisy06
I'm just saying that you have no proof as to why we should care whether animals are in pain or not.

We also have no proof as to why I should care whether you died in excruciating pain or not.

Original post by noisy06
if someone believes that this is the way God ordered them to be slaughtered, then why should they give a damn about your views?

They should because they are living in a fallacy where they believe in 2,000+ year old stories but refuse to accept or at least empathise modern society's values.
Original post by Aj12
The Jewish Kosher method is far better than the Halal method

I wonder how many of the people who negged you even bothered reading the article. :rolleyes:
Reply 76
Re your first question, farmed animals are reared for the sole purpose of providing a meat food source, not to torture prior to slaughter which has nothing to do with the food chain. There is no hypocracy in that.

Muslim and Jews kill the animals for a food source their main aim is not to cause as much pain as possible.
Reply 77
We also have no proof as to why I should care whether you died in excruciating pain or not.

They should because they are living in a fallacy where they believe in 2,000+ year old stories but refuse to accept or at least empathise modern society's values.

Exactly.

Why should anybody give a damn about today's values when they believe that their holy book is from God?
Reply 78
Original post by Besakt
Killing free-range or factory farmed animals both causes pain. Yes, one arguably one method causes less pain than others but neither cause no pain at all.

Exactly Muslims and Jews do not go around killing the animals for pleasure they kill so they can eat the high protein meat.

I know free-range doesn't mean that the animals died without pain. What I'm saying is if Kosher/Halal was banned then the animals would die with minimal pain (since they get electrocuted which kills them/knocks them unconscious instantly).

Jews and Muslims do indeed kill the animals for the same reason as everybody else, but they way that they achieve this is unethical and monstrous.
Original post by noisy06
Haven't seen you in a while, nice to see you again. (I was slaw btw)

Nice to see you to and yeah I clocked that already. :tongue:

Original post by Besakt
Muslim and Jews kill the animals for a food source their main aim is not to cause as much pain as possible.

But, what's the point? If we needed to kill animals then sure I can understand the logic behind trying to find the least pain-free method but given that it isn't necessary, what's the point? It's akin to arguing whether you should rape someone when they are awake or drug them and have sex with them whilst their asleep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending