The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurie:)
thanks for updating the stalking page :tongue:

i don't really know how to prepare though cause its a multiple mini interview and its brand new for leicester this year :s-smilie:

do you know when you'll hear back? and everybody always thinks things went worse than they actually did :biggrin:

Pshhh its ite :h:

Just prepare for it like you would for lancasters or st. geroges, you've got plenty of time so there's no excuse of not getting an offer :rolleyes: How's the kings prep coming along?

It's weird having an interview because all your years of hard work, stress and pain, actually being there suddenly makes everything seem real..

The prospectus say "a small number of people may be offered a place earlier but the majority of decisions will be given at the end of the interview cycle" which is end of feb/early march :frown: This just makes it worse :sigh: and that's the thing, I don't know if I did bad, ok or good :\ I think it might have been that I did ok, but not good enough perhaps..who knows..
Original post by ViceVersa

Just prepare for it like you would for lancasters or st. geroges, you've got plenty of time so there's no excuse of not getting an offer :rolleyes: How's the kings prep coming along?

It's weird having an interview because all your years of hard work, stress and pain, actually being there suddenly makes everything seem real..

The prospectus say "a small number of people may be offered a place earlier but the majority of decisions will be given at the end of the interview cycle" which is end of feb/early march :frown: This just makes it worse :sigh: and that's the thing, I don't know if I did bad, ok or good :\ I think it might have been that I did ok, but not good enough perhaps..who knows..

You just need to try to realise what could have gone better, work on it if you get any more interviews, and then try to put it behind you. Nothing you can do now except try to improve for next time.

As a certain penguin said, a trip to the pub could do nicely :colone:

theres a written task :eek: :eek: :eek:

its going okay, im doing a couple questions a night and am trying to research a few articles i can talk about. my mock went almost exactly the same as the last one, i talked too fast and needed to smile more, which is bad cause im meant to be improving :sigh:

exactly! its just this wierd feeling like, after all the years of hard work we're finally gonna see if it was worth it in the end :s-smilie:

you'll get an offer, just you wait :tongue: it doesn't really matter when it comes, as long as it does :biggrin:
Original post by Normandy114
You just need to try to realise what could have gone better, work on it if you get any more interviews, and then try to put it behind you. Nothing you can do now except try to improve for next time.

As a certain penguin said, a trip to the pub could do nicely :colone:

Yeah I know, the www's and ebi's (whatwentwell and evenbetterif) :erm: I hope I get an interview for Keele really badly, or I could end up a reapplicant..

A pub is a must this weekend :yy:

its going okay, im doing a couple questions a night and am trying to research a few articles i can talk about. my mock went almost exactly the same as the last one, i talked too fast and needed to smile more, which is bad cause im meant to be improving :sigh:

exactly! its just this wierd feeling like, after all the years of hard work we're finally gonna see if it was worth it in the end :s-smilie:

you'll get an offer, just you wait :tongue: it doesn't really matter when it comes, as long as it does :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for you :crossedf:

Was it a 'grill my personal statement' kind of one, cos that could make you forget to smile. I'm sure when it comes to the interviews, it'll come rushing back :yy:

Lets hope the hard work is worth it for the both of us eh? :redface: I really hope so :redface:

You're always bound to remember the bad points, much more so than the good. Do you often find that when you come out of an exam you think "urgh I did sooo badly on X, Y and Z questions waaaah" and then end up doing really well? It'll be the same type of thing so don't forget you'll have been really good in your interview too :biggrin:
Fingers crossed for you :crossedf:

Was it a 'grill my personal statement' kind of one, cos that could make you forget to smile. I'm sure when it comes to the interviews, it'll come rushing back :yy:

Lets hope the hard work is worth it for the both of us eh? :redface: I really hope so :redface:

somedays i feel really positive, like "im gonna work really hard, and try my best, and thats all i can do" whereas other days i just feel like im gonna bomb it all and end up one of those people that apply every year for the next 50 years and still never get in :frown:

nope, just your regular interview questions. i relaxed halfway through it, and started to smile and laugh and stuff, but i have to work on doing that in the first few minutes so that i make a good first impression :redface:

and my tutor made an interesting point - the faster you talk, the more questions they'll ask, to fill up the time, and the more opportunity you have to make a mistake :smile:
Reply 9666
Original post by Quackers93
You're always bound to remember the bad points, much more so than the good. Do you often find that when you come out of an exam you think "urgh I did sooo badly on X, Y and Z questions waaaah" and then end up doing really well? It'll be the same type of thing so don't forget you'll have been really good in your interview too :biggrin:

thank you. been stressing over all the things i forgot to say/said but were idiotic in mine.
somedays i feel really positive, like "im gonna work really hard, and try my best, and thats all i can do" whereas other days i just feel like im gonna bomb it all and end up one of those people that apply every year for the next 50 years and still never get in :frown:

nope, just your regular interview questions. i relaxed halfway through it, and started to smile and laugh and stuff, but i have to work on doing that in the first few minutes so that i make a good first impression :redface:

and my tutor made an interesting point - the faster you talk, the more questions they'll ask, to fill up the time, and the more opportunity you have to make a mistake :smile:

That's exactly how I felt, we're so alike :tongue:

At least you know your www's and ebi's from your practises (see reply to Normandy114 to see what those are :smile:)

and that's a good point, wish I'd known that prior to my interview :sigh:
Original post by kingme
thank you. been stressing over all the things i forgot to say/said but were idiotic in mine.

Don't worry about it too much if you can. I thought I'd done terribly in my interview last year but in my feedback I'd actually done really well in the interview it was mainly my ukcat and lack of grades that put me below the offer threshold. Anyways, if you managed to fit in everything you ever wanted to say into one little interview, then you obviously wouldn't have had that much to say :tongue:

In my interview the other week I nearly hit one of the interviewers whilst what I can only describe as moulding an imaginary shape in my hands whilst trying to overcome a complete mind-block and then again when trying explain something haha I hope they viewed it as enthusiasm haha
That's exactly how I felt, we're so alike :tongue:

At least you know your www's and ebi's from your practises (see reply to Normandy114 to see what those are :smile:)

and that's a good point, wish I'd known that prior to my interview :sigh:

:h:

yeah, i just wish i knew how to stop making those mistakes :redface:

it probably went amazingly, you've just deconstructed it so much! and even if they did push you and grill you, chances are its because they liked you and wanted to see how far you could go :biggrin:
Don't worry about it too much if you can. I thought I'd done terribly in my interview last year but in my feedback I'd actually done really well in the interview it was mainly my ukcat and lack of grades that put me below the offer threshold. Anyways, if you managed to fit in everything you ever wanted to say into one little interview, then you obviously wouldn't have had that much to say :tongue:

In my interview the other week I nearly hit one of the interviewers whilst what I can only describe as moulding an imaginary shape in my hands whilst trying to overcome a complete mind-block and then again when trying explain something haha I hope they viewed it as enthusiasm haha

how was st andrews??? :smile:

were they nice? still haven't heard a peep out of them since the acknowledgment :frown:

yeah, i just wish i knew how to stop making those mistakes :redface:

it probably went amazingly, you've just deconstructed it so much! and even if they did push you and grill you, chances are its because they liked you and wanted to see how far you could go :biggrin:

Practice and stay calm :smile:

I hope you, PSQ, my sister, my friends and everyone in this planet is right :lol:
Practice and stay calm :smile:

I hope you, PSQ, my sister, my friends and everyone in this planet is right :lol:

i talk really fast normally, so i don't know when im talking really really fast :tongue:

i hope im right too :biggrin:
how was st andrews??? :smile:

were they nice? still haven't heard a peep out of them since the acknowledgment :frown:

St. Andrews :love: I am in love with the place and the uni and just everything about it :biggrin: The interview went ok-ish but there were loads of things I could've and should've explained better and when asked about the course my mind went completely blank so much so I had to admit that too them haha but they were lovely. They do try and bring the best out in you, if you're maybe struggling a little bit they'll try and help you along. Ahhhh I just love it! :biggrin:

Don't worry, they'll be giving out interviews for a long time yet! I got mine on 17th Jan last time for an interview in March so you've got agessssss. You have realtively similar to the academics I had when I applied first time round and a far better ukcat. So as long as your ps checks out (which it should, you've got two interviews already :P) you'll hopefully! get an interview :smile: You'll need to let me know! :biggrin:
St. Andrews :love: I am in love with the place and the uni and just everything about it :biggrin: The interview went ok-ish but there were loads of things I could've and should've explained better and when asked about the course my mind went completely blank so much so I had to admit that too them haha but they were lovely. They do try and bring the best out in you, if you're maybe struggling a little bit they'll try and help you along. Ahhhh I just love it! :biggrin:

Don't worry, they'll be giving out interviews for a long time yet! I got mine on 17th Jan last time for an interview in March so you've got agessssss. You have realtively similar to the academics I had when I applied first time round and a far better ukcat. So as long as your ps checks out (which it should, you've got two interviews already :P) you'll hopefully! get an interview :smile: You'll need to let me know! :biggrin:

its so pretty :biggrin:

is the article difficult to interpret or is it around a level content?

i hope if i do get called to interview, they give me enough notice to get cheap deals on train tickets, coming from london may work out a tad expensive :tongue:
i talk really fast normally, so i don't know when im talking really really fast :tongue:

i hope im right too :biggrin:

My friend had the same problem. I told her to fix it by recording herself speak so she can train herself to slow it down.

My friend had the same problem. I told her to fix it by recording herself speak so she can train herself to slow it down.

did it work?? :biggrin: i may just try this!
its so pretty :biggrin:

is the article difficult to interpret or is it around a level content?

i hope if i do get called to interview, they give me enough notice to get cheap deals on train tickets, coming from london may work out a tad expensive :tongue:

Erm I'm not quite sure what I can say about it really otherwise a mod might eat me :redface: Well it says on their website that it's not a test of your academic knowledge and given that I've done nothing since leaving college I coped alright with it :tongue: Well they gave me a months notice this time and a month and a half last time so I'm fairly sure you'd have enough time to get a cheap train ticket :biggrin:
did it work?? :biggrin: i may just try this!

It sure did. Her interview was also for kings believe it or not :lol:
Reply 9679
Did anyone else just pick 4 uni's they really liked and left it at that? I haven't really ranked them as such just because I'd be happy with any offer and haven't really prepared for having more than one offer out of being comfortably cynical. Meh, wait and see.

Latest

Trending

Trending