The Student Room Group

Anyone else likes reading books on the bus?

I enjoy it almost more than reading in a room or library.

I just wanted to know if anyone else likes it.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You are literally a nerd.
it's pretty dangerous to read on public transport, anything could happen

buses are icky how could you ever find them comfortable
ew.
Reply 3
I have no idea how anyone can do this.

They are moving, they are full of crying children, loud music played by chavs and often the faint smell of cannabis.

It makes me feel dizzy just looking at someone reading while on a bus.
Original post by SoulfulBoy

:yep: I do it everyday.
Reply 5
I like reading on trains.
Reply 6
Original post by Pedrobear

:colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)

I read books on the train. I've never read books on a bus before. You can't really, there's usually too much noise and I would get funny looks. Trains are dead and everyone's quiet and unless you stare at the floor or the ceiling you either read a paper or a book. I'm not gonna lie when I was younger and I would see someone reading a book on a bus, I was like "...the ****? Where do you think are"
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
I wish I could make you spr:colondollar:d your l:colondollar:gs and put up your :wink: what you said.

Yeah maybe so but to do that you'd need to quit your job as Mayor Nerd Nerdington of Nerd Town. Your people need you!

Looooooooooooooooool
I've tried, but I can't enjoy it as much as reading on a train or in a library, because I'm scared that I might get too absorbed in the book and miss my stop. :redface:
Sometimes I read textbooks on the bus. Otherwise, it's fifteen minutes to half an hour wasted each way, depending on where I'm going.
Reply 12
i do. i usually read if its gonna be about a 30-45 minute bus journey, usually while listening to music so everything just gets drowned out, i also read on trains if im in a seat. i enjoy it as it passes the time and gives me something to do rather than just sit there. i dont bother reading if its less than that though so usually just settle for listening to my ipod instead.
Reply 13
Yeah maybe so but to do that you'd need to quit your job as Mayor Nerd Nerdington of Nerd Town. Your people need you!

Why do you hate me so much? :frown:
Why do you hate me so much? :frown:

You cramp my style obvs.
I read on buses, but only when I'm pretty sure that the guy next to me isn't going to start reading my book with me :tongue:
I would if I could, but I usually find it too difficult to concentrate :frown:
Trains yes, the journey is a lot longer and they tend to be nicer but buses? I don't think I could, a quick leaf through the paper but nothing more than that.
Reply 18
You cramp my style obvs.

I cramp your style? How?
Maybe you are just jealous...:smile:
I cramp your style? How?
Maybe you are just jealous...:smile:

>jealous
>of a nerd

Quick Reply

Latest