The Student Room Group

"3 Full A-levels in Year 13"

Hello,

I heard that you have to do 3 full A-levels in Year 13 to receive an offer from a university.

I am only doing an A2 in Physics in Year 13 as I will be completing my AS/A2 in Year 12 for my subjects (except Physics).

What do they mean by '3 full A-levels'?
Well that's just a silly little lie, but in general 3 A-levels is what people go for.
Reply 2
Most universities will count A levels taken a year early. However, some like Imperial and Oxbridge do not like people only taking one or two subjects in Y13 and therefore having little pressure to do work so may make offers based on 3 A Levels you're doing in Y13.
Reply 3
Original post by Zhy
Hello,

I heard that you have to do 3 full A-levels in Year 13 to receive an offer from a university.

I am only doing an A2 in Physics in Year 13 as I will be completing my AS/A2 in Year 12 for my subjects (except Physics).

What do they mean by '3 full A-levels'?

You want 3 A-Levels, yes. If you're doing some early, then fine. You'll still have three. A full A-Level means the AS and the A2.

Will you have 3 A2's by the time you want to apply to uni? If so, you're fine.
If you are doing one early, still make sure you sit at least 3 during your years 12 and 13.
Reply 5
Some unis will consider grades in A Levels taken early, but not all will so you need to read their prospectus/website or contact them.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
Some unis will consider grades in A Levels taken early, but not all will so you need to read their prospectus/website or contact them.

Thanks for the replies. I will be applying to Cambridge/Imperial/UCL/Warwick/Durham next year. I'm not sure if they will consider A2 grades taken in Year 12, so I will have to contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending