University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Archaeology 2012 Undergraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by yakuzakitty
Those are some fab grades! Hope you manage to pull that grade up :smile:
They only want a foreign language at GCSE level anyway, so I'm sure that'll be fine.
What kinda stuff have you done outside of school? I'm quite curious to hear about people's experience.

Noice, congrats on getting a questionnaire. What site did you write about?

Oops - I didn't see you'd responded to me at all, sorry! I'm not on here much :colondollar:

I GOT AN INTERVEIW!!!! Yay!!!!!

And, in other news, I've done a bit of stuff outside of school. I was in YAC for 8yrs or so and I've done about 3wks excavting, mainly in York. That was fun :smile: Other than that I'm doing an EPQ on the Anglo Saxons which may or may not counteract the fact I can't speak French :wink:

Edit - I wrote about how archaeology affects perceptions of national identity, specifically relating to the Anglo Saxons (I swear I only seem to be obsessed with them. They are pretty cool though)
Good luck :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
just wondering, did everyone who got the interview get the same message as me?
" I will be back in touch later today with more details regarding times / dates."

I was sent this last Friday, and still have not received any times/dates. I'm stressing out about whether or not I should send an email asking if this is normal.
Reply 102
Original post by richardburton
just wondering, did everyone who got the interview get the same message as me?
" I will be back in touch later today with more details regarding times / dates."

I was sent this last Friday, and still have not received any times/dates. I'm stressing out about whether or not I should send an email asking if this is normal.

Charlotte said today that she has been busy at the moment, so wouldn't worry about stuff like that but by all means email her and ask, she won't mind at all! x
And I'm still waiting for my questionnaire. But on the other hand, I have an offer from Bristol. Very excited!
Original post by AquilaXenon
And I'm still waiting for my questionnaire. But on the other hand, I have an offer from Bristol. Very excited!

Congrats! I got one from Reading today :3
Congrats! I got one from Reading today :3

Thanks! And well done to you too, my friend got one from Reading yesterday - different course but still, good uni!
Reply 106
Have you guys heard from Oxbridge at all?

And brilliant news on the offer front all of you, it's really exciting when you get that email from UCAS track!
Original post by Howie713

And brilliant news on the offer front all of you, it's really exciting when you get that email from UCAS track!

I've got an interview at Cambridge on Tuesday - so nervous!

Thank you! I didn't even get that excited yesterday even though I've been waiting so long, I think it's just because I've been so tired and stressed lately that it didn't really sink in, but it did today while at school talking to people about it. I have somewhere to go next autumn!
Original post by AquilaXenon
I've got an interview at Cambridge on Tuesday - so nervous!

Thank you! I didn't even get that excited yesterday even though I've been waiting so long, I think it's just because I've been so tired and stressed lately that it didn't really sink in, but it did today while at school talking to people about it. I have somewhere to go next autumn!

My Cambridge interview's on Wednesday: I'll be there on Tuesday since I'm coming from far away. We might bump into each other, lol :wink:

Oxford decided to reject my offer. I think it had something to do with my written work arriving late - even though I sent it in good time, and there were postage delays that were out of my hands.

*sigh*

Oh well, I wasn't very keen on Oxford St Hugh's anyways :smile:
My interview day is also the 7th :biggrin:
Does anyone know if we can bring a guest..? it didn't say anything about it in the email, whereas Southampton did..

If anyone's curious I'm predicted A*AA, and am currently studying A level Archaeology, Sociology and History; and AS level Anthropology. I also have an AS in Critical Thinking (waste of time) and English Language.
I applied for a BA Archaeology at UCL, Durham, Southampton (interview on the 14th) and Birmingham (conditional offer), and for a BSc in Archaeology and forensic science at Exeter (conditional offer).

Out of interest, if anyone else is studying A level Archaeology, what are you doing for your coursework? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by Narwhaleful
Does anyone know if we can bring a guest..? it didn't say anything about it in the email, whereas Southampton did..

If anyone's curious I'm predicted A*AA, and am currently studying A level Archaeology, Sociology and History; and AS level Anthropology. I also have an AS in Critical Thinking (waste of time) and English Language.
I applied for a BA Archaeology at UCL, Durham, Southampton (interview on the 14th) and Birmingham (conditional offer), and for a BSc in Archaeology and forensic science at Exeter (conditional offer).

Out of interest, if anyone else is studying A level Archaeology, what are you doing for your coursework? :smile:

You're welcome to bring a guest, I assume it your parents? They won't be allowed in the interview with you and maybe not to the handling sesh but can come along for the other bits! x
Original post by Narwhaleful

Those are some beautiful grades and courses there :P I'd love to study AS Anthropology. Yeah I'm doing A level Archaeology! We're a rare breed...

I'm doing my coursework on the function of Yewden Villa in Hambledon. That's the Roman one that was on Digging for Britain with the dead babies? Yeah, my investigation is basically an analyasis of the artefacts to try to decide if it was a brothel, a birthing centre, a cult of the mother godess, blah blah.

How about you?

Ooh I have an interview at Southampton on the 14th too :smile:
Reply 113
Oxford decided to reject my offer. I think it had something to do with my written work arriving late - even though I sent it in good time, and there were postage delays that were out of my hands.

*sigh*

Oh I'm sorry to hear you got a rejection... But you still have all your other universities to think about right? :smile:
Oh I'm sorry to hear you got a rejection... But you still have all your other universities to think about right? :smile:

Yeah :smile: To be quite honest, I wasn't really considering going, even if I got an offer. It might seem a bit ungrateful, but I'm such a fan of London, and I really love UCL a whole lot. So my rejection from Oxford doesn't bother me.

If I get rejected from UCL, now THAT'll be a different matter...
Reply 115
I got an offer from York, yay! It's my first actual offer so I'm pretty thrilled :biggrin: Congrats to everyone else who's got offers, and good luck to everyone who's still waiting. Sorry to hear about your rejection, yakuzakitty, but I s'pose if it's not somewhere you really wanted to go, it doesn't matter too much, right?

My southampton interview is on the 14th too, Narwhaleful :smile:

Hm. I got a timetable for the UCL day attached to the email I received last Friday confirming that I'd got an interview. Has no-one else been sent one, then? If not, maybe you could contact Charlotte?

I'm going to London on my own so I didn't even think about guests, but looking back it doesn't mention anything about them anywhere on any of the information I've received, either. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be allowed to bring guests, though.
(edited 12 years ago)
I brought my Mummy and Daddy, it's normal and they expect it. Guests will just be shoved in the staff room for tea, biscuits and nonsensical chat :smile:
I have applied to do Arch + Anth at UCL, and although I recieved my notification a month ago, I haven't heard anything since!
Does everyone get interviews? And if I haven't heard anything, does this definately mean I'm being rejected?? I'm nervous now!!! :frown:
Reply 118
Original post by goldenmermaid
I have applied to do Arch + Anth at UCL, and although I recieved my notification a month ago, I haven't heard anything since!
Does everyone get interviews? And if I haven't heard anything, does this definately mean I'm being rejected?? I'm nervous now!!! :frown:

Yeh, everyone gets interviews but dont worry about not hearing anything back, the interviews continue well into January and maybe Feb, possibly.
Just give it time, Charlotte and the gang need to have a proper look through loads of applications so wait a while longer :smile: I think I only heard back about an Interview in January a week before the interview date ha ha, so dont panic!
x
Original post by goldenmermaid

I sent mine in on 26th October and got my notification a day or two later and I still haven't heard so don't worry - give it time :smile:

*sigh*

Sorry about the rejection - my friend is similar to you though, even if she gets an offer from Oxford she'd still rather go to another of her unis. I've even said it as well because Cambridge want A*AA and even though I'm predicted A*A*A*A I still think it's a tall order with how hard A2 is.

I'm sure you'll do great wherever you end up though!

Original post by richardburton
My Cambridge interview's on Wednesday: I'll be there on Tuesday since I'm coming from far away. We might bump into each other, lol :wink:

Ooh yes maybe. I'm going down on Monday and my interviews are on Tuesday morning but I'm staying in Cambridge until Tuesday evening. Which college are you at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending