The Student Room Group

Peninsula dentistry. . 2011 /2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
To those who received letters from Peninsula did you also receive an email?

I'm getting rather anxious and worried because I haven't received ANYTHING in the past week. If you also receive an email it would bring some security in my mind that the letter isn't lost and is probably on it's way :P
Reply 81
Original post by oz40

I'm getting rather anxious and worried because I haven't received ANYTHING in the past week. If you also receive an email it would bring some security in my mind that the letter isn't lost and is probably on it's way :P

It's not the end of the world if you don't hear from Peninsula, you have a KCL interview. :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by ap32g09
Well done for people with interviews!
Just wondering, did the letter come with PCMD written on the front of the envelope?
Thanks x

When I applied last year and got my rejection letter, they had PCMD on the top right hand corner of the envelope next to the stamp. Hope this helps, they may have changed it this year.
Reply 83
Original post by J.Cole
It's not the end of the world if you don't hear from Peninsula, you have a KCL interview. :smile:

Ouch
Reply 84
Original post by oz40

They don't send out emails. Give them a call to see if u have been sent anything. They are friendly enough and will tell u if they have. Just be prepared for the generic answer that we r sending out invites now call back in a couple of weeks.

Then u r left wondering was that a "we're sending u an invite" or was it a " ure rejection letter will be along in a few weeks"

Ah the stress
Reply 85
Interview on 21st Dec!! Bring it on baby! anyone travelling from london Paddington?
Reply 86
I will be, assuming I get the invitation :P

The fact they send out a letter for invitation AND rejection makes it even more nerve racking, lol.
Reply 87
Original post by oz40
I will be, assuming I get the invitation :P

The fact they send out a letter for invitation AND rejection makes it even more nerve racking, lol.

My rejection letter last year was size A5 and quite thin (2 sheets of A4 paper folded inside). They also stated the reason for the rejection in the letter too which was convenient. :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by UR4
Ouch

Why ouch?
Reply 89
Yay interview 21st dec :smile: !!!!!
Reply 90
I have an interview on the 22nd december :smile: got the letter through this morning after having given up any hope, so fingers crossed for everyone else! xx
Reply 91
congrats!

lol i've given up hope. i've been waiting for days and received nothing. postage in my area sucks so bad. :'(
Reply 92
all my friends have interviews at peninsula and i've received nothing. my guess they want to let the people to be interviewed informed first then everyone else rejected afterwards. arghhhhh. honestly i would have much rather have them send emails. they are sent instantaneously. now post? agonising and painful wait and the uncertainty of lost mail.

lol this is depressing.

:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by oz40
all my friends have interviews at peninsula and i've received nothing. my guess they want to let the people to be interviewed informed first then everyone else rejected afterwards. arghhhhh. honestly i would have much rather have them send emails. they are sent instantaneously. now post? agonising and painful wait and the uncertainty of lost mail.

lol this is depressing.

:frown:

i havent heard either Oz, :frown: i am now thinking maybe i'l be getting a rejection from UCAS very soon.
Reply 94
Dont worry too much guys my letter is dated 30th nov but didn't arrive until 2nd Dec and I live in Plymouth! Invites were still being sent out on the 1st so all is not lost yet. I have my fingers crossed for you
Original post by DDD99
Interview on 21st Dec!! Bring it on baby! anyone travelling from london Paddington?

same here!! What time is yours?? Will be travelling from Liverpool, unfortunately::colondollar:
Original post by gibsoni10
I got an interview WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Mines on the 21st of dec, anyone else on that date? Now for the dreaded preperation! Plymouth is a buggar to get to aswell when u live on the south coast, looks like im going to have to rent a car :-S

Same here Gibsoni...!! Travelling from Liverpool though! Will have to travel the night before, they said I should check in for 08:15 though my interview is in the pm! I've got no option but to drive!!, it's going to be an agonising boring 4 to 5 hrs on the motorway !
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 97
Congrads on your interview Africancowboy! They obviously like us nurse eh ha ha?! I know its strange we have to be there so early if our interviews arent till the afternoon, they didnt really say what we will be doing in that time..it says something in the prospectus about getting 3 ethical scenarios and choosing one for the basis of our interview..whatever that means! Ive decided to drive over the night before and stay in a travelodge just so i dont have the stress of getting there in the morning, never driven down as far as plymouth so just incase my sat nav drives me into a tree or something! I know this sounds a weird question but what are you going to wear? Are you going to do wear a suit or just smart clothes?
Reply 98
Anyone know much about the inferview format? I read in last years posts about a questionnaire and then the three ethical scenarios! I assume there will be general questions as well, why peninsula, why dentistry? Xx
Reply 99
rejected from peninsula. :frown:

Quick Reply