The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Markets, RBS rotate between the teams.
A lot of the guys at the interviews applied only 2 weeks before, so it really is a rolling basis and best to send off early.
Original post by Chetz92
Markets, RBS rotate between the teams.
A lot of the guys at the interviews applied only 2 weeks before, so it really is a rolling basis and best to send off early.

****zzz congrats! I haven't even got to my RBS app yet and by the looks of it might not be worthwhile applying if they've filled many spots already.

I just had a look at their application - you needed to fill in competency questions and attach a CL?
Reply 562
Original post by dogmatichurricane
****zzz congrats! I haven't even got to my RBS app yet and by the looks of it might not be worthwhile applying if they've filled many spots already.

I just had a look at their application - you needed to fill in competency questions and attach a CL?

You may as well apply as not everyone will accept the offer.
Original post by miml
You may as well apply as not everyone will accept the offer.

Not going to lie - having to write a cover letter and fill up competency questions is a major disincentive especially when you compare it to JPM, MS and GS apps which just require a CV/CL.

Gahh I'll try to get around to it eventually.
The applicants for this years Spring week seem to be more enthusiastic about an RBS offer compared t last years bunch

But i do agree, RBS application is tedious, I'll leave that til later
Reply 565
Have any other firms started interviewing yet?
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
The applicants for this years Spring week seem to be more enthusiastic about an RBS offer compared t last years bunch

But i do agree, RBS application is tedious, I'll leave that til later

I'm not enthusiastic about an RBS offer. I'm not applying there.
Reply 567
Original post by Chetz92
Had my RBS interviews yesterday after sending my application off early September.

All the other applicants were cool, except one snobby guy...
Interviews were with grads nearing the end of their programme, nice to talk to.
Received a call today telling me I've been successful =)
Happy days.

Hmmmm. Dodgy post.

1. RBS have only just started interviewing for summer internships and still haven't finished grad quite yet.

2. As a participant of last years RBS SW, I can confirm that NO grads interviewed last year, we were all interviewed by associates and VP's.

3. You have failed to mention the test you have to take at the AC, given the odd nature of the test it's strange to not even comment about it?

4. The first interviews for RBS SW last year were at the end of Jan.

I think somebody might be telling little porkies...

note to all users of this thread: The posts on the 2011 SW thread made me nervous and unconfident about my application. I went to 3 SW's and most people didnt have a TSR account and for the ones who did it became a butt of jokes. 99.9% of what you read on here is complete tosh, just ignore it all and don't let it work you up.
Original post by lilly xx
Hmmmm. Dodgy post.

1. RBS have only just started interviewing for summer internships and still haven't finished grad quite yet.

2. As a participant of last years RBS SW, I can confirm that NO grads interviewed last year, we were all interviewed by associates and VP's.

3. You have failed to mention the test you have to take at the AC, given the odd nature of the test it's strange to not even comment about it?

4. The first interviews for RBS SW last year were at the end of Jan.

I think somebody might be telling little porkies...

note to all users of this thread: The posts on the 2011 SW thread made me nervous and unconfident about my application. I went to 3 SW's and most people didnt have a TSR account and for the ones who did it became a butt of jokes. 99.9% of what you read on here is complete tosh, just ignore it all and don't let it work you up.

He/she might be telling the truth. I know for a fact that MS have already held at least one AC for spring weeks.
Reply 569
Original post by i_hate_teeth
He/she might be telling the truth. I know for a fact that MS have already held at least one AC for spring weeks.

MS havent done anything - my brother works there in the GCM devision and they havent even looked at spring week application yet - stop lying and pissing everyone off
Original post by LawQC
MS havent done anything - my brother works there in the GCM devision and they havent even looked at spring week application yet - stop lying and pissing everyone off

I'm not lying.

What uni do you go to? I think I might know you.
Anybody had their MS phone interview yet ? It says that it is 'competency-based'.
It would be nice if anyone that has gone through the process at MS could comment and what to expect.
Thank you.
Original post by Turbokapitalist
Anybody had their MS phone interview yet ? It says that it is 'competency-based'.
It would be nice if anyone that has gone through the process at MS could comment and what to expect.
Thank you.

Nobody will or should be explicitly telling you the questions they got in an interview. It wont be fair on them

There are tonnes of Competency practise questions online anyway, they shouldnt be too hard as long as you have your examples in mind
Reply 573
anyone got a nice list of all the spring weeks/insights and their deadlines?

might save me from compiling one myself!
Original post by Milan.

It depends, how much do you value your time?
Original post by Milan.

Original post by Milan.

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/list-of-spring-weekinsight-programmes

May be a bit outdated but it's a start..
Reply 576
Original post by Milan.

Goldman Sachs - 08/01/2012
JP Morgan - 04/12/2011
UBS - 16/01/2012
Credit Suisse - 11/01/2012
RBS - 31/01/2012
BarCap - 31/01/2012
HSBC - 01/01/2012
BNP Paribas - 31/01/2012
Citigroup - 03/02/2012
Deutschebank - 27/01/2012
Nomura - 15/01/2012
Morgan Stanley - 30/12/2012
Merrill Lynch - 30/01/2012
Is anyone going for S&T at UBS?
Reply 578
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Is anyone going for S&T at UBS?

I always thought an engineers skills are best used in IBD.
Original post by Sir KBS
I always thought an engineers skills are best used in IBD.

Everyone seems to have an opinion on what division engineers are best suited to. The important thing is to do what you're interested in.

Latest

Trending

Trending