The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Roshniroxy
http://rachycakes.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/an-open-letter-to-emma-west-the-racist-on-the-tram/

Personally I think this is a fit,applaudable, and stern reply to people like her.

What are your views ?

She should be entitled to her views, no matter what they are.
Stopped reading after after the whole, they have no choice but to come here because of the Empire..

Erm, China, Hong Kong, India all set to do pretty well. Not to mention the fact that the Empire made it's money from cash crops, so once the British left, things should have returned to normal after a few decades at most. It's not like those darned imperial Brits literally dug the land up and brought it back to Blighty.

EDIT: My curiosity got the better of me, I think she should have freedom of speech as opposed to these tyrannical laws (come on most people don't actually agree with her), also the whole Britian has always been a racial melting pot, is an accidental exaggeration of epic proportions at best, and at worst, a lie. But then who cares, she had no argument, she's an idiot (the tram lady I mean) and will probably suffer loads of violence as a result of her infamy, in whichever multiculural salad bowl of a borough she lives.

I don't really see the point in writing self-righteous open letters to these people, it doesn't explain clearly why her views are wrong, it will just make her believe them more strongly (if she bothers/is able to read it). To be honest it was almost as rantish as the event which kicked off events.

Who wants to employ a convicted racist? Tell you what, luv, my dad certainly doesn’t Hurr Durr

Either keep it serious, professional and to the point or keep it to your own little frienship circle.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
Outlawing racial views such as this does not make the world a better place and reduce racism, it does not make a racist, not a racist.

It just means more people are now breaking the law.

Murder is the most illegal thing you can do below war crimes or genocide, and all those things happen every day.
Reply 43
Original post by nmds
There speaks a natural thought-cop, er censor, er moderator.

As I have said in other posts, I have nothing against her having opinions nor her (legally) expressing them however she feels fit. What I object to is her opinions getting a disproportionate hearing in society.
Original post by FluxD
"Emma, but “your Britain” doesn’t exist. It hasn’t existed for a long time, and her current survival is to be credited entirely to immigrants."

That letter is the type of talk that is leading large sections of the working class white population of this country to act in such a manner; being told that your own nation no longer exists by someone who isn't even originally from here, and then spouting off that native inhabitants are useless while immigrants are romanticized as some sort of savior for a failing nation.

The House of Lords would disagree:

Also outside of London real Britain still exists. Britain isn't London.

I'm extremely surprised by that report. Do you have a link?
I don't think it was a particularly well-written response at all. It just advocates repressive laws against the freedom of speech, and then kinda gloats at how the child's life has been ruined for 300 words. Doesn't tackle the problem of xenophobia at all, a better response would have been to point out the benefits of multiculturalism, and dispel unfounded fears against it.

Meanwhile, the author portrays the white working class as 'passing up jobs' and 'useless' while immigrants are portrayed as 'the backbone' or 'the only thing keeping Britain alive'. I find that really quite insulting.

Another thing I have noticed in most public responses to the racist rant; Emma West was clearly referring to Ethnic Britons, not British Citizens. Repeated assertions that "You're wrong, I am British" miss the point of why she was ranting (even if it was totally misguided and disgusting to listen to, you at least have to respond to what she was actually saying).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by nish81

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200708/ldselect/ldeconaf/82/82.pdf
Yawn, another attention whore with an opinion. You'd be hard pressed to find people in this country that agree with the idiot of the train's views, writing a stupid blog post doesn't make you a hero.
Reply 48
Original post by nmds
There is an obvious solution to this. If members of immigrant groups don't like hearing the native people express their displeasure at the colonisation of England, decolonise us please. Everybody wins!

Native people, immigrant people, bla bla bla if I call you racist then people on TSR would have a heart attack, but I am sure as hell going to stay you're an idiot. Britain is no where near colonised what so ever.
Original post by Craig_D
What annoys me most is that this woman's opinions have been given the oxygen of publicity. She doesn't deserve to have her vile opinions so widely heard.

This. I've always thought that by giving ignorant morons an airing, you allow their ignorance to reach other ignorant morons, only serving to allow the coming together of many ignorant morons to collude in societies of ignorant morons such as the EDL.
Original post by meenu89
She should be entitled to her views, no matter what they are.

I'm not against people being entitled to their views, because obviously that's something you can't prohibit. I'm against those views being aired in public. I don't think she's entitled to spout bile like she did on a bus.
She is an ethnic minority troll's wet dream.
Reply 52
I cannot believe people in general. :facepalm:

Successfull Troll is Successfull. :awesome: (Thanks to everyone who makes a furore about this stupid , racist, vile skanky whore!)
Reply 53
Original post by nish81

The first link that comes up when you search it in google...

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200708/ldselect/ldeconaf/82/82.pdf
Original post by lulubel
the letter is a standard anti white diatribe. what annoys me is when people are racist but try and justify it because of other racism. makes no sense to me. if people are truly anti racist, then racism would not turn them into racists.

the letter writer is a racist. the worst kind of racist in fact, a racist who justifies her racism through racism.

and you figure that kind of BS how?

Anyhow if Emma was to read this letter, id say she would get as far as the word existance get confused and go back to her vodka
Original post by screenager2004
I don't think it was a particularly well-written response at all. It just advocates repressive laws against the freedom of speech, and then kinda gloats at how the child's life has been ruined for 300 words. Doesn't tackle the problem of xenophobia at all, a better response would have been to point out the benefits of multiculturalism, and dispel unfounded fears against it.

Meanwhile, the author portrays the white working class as 'passing up jobs' and 'useless' while immigrants are portrayed as 'the backbone' or 'the only thing keeping Britain alive'. I find that really quite insulting.

Another thing I have noticed in most public responses to the racist rant; Emma West was clearly referring to Ethnic Britons, not British Citizens. Repeated assertions that "You're wrong, I am British" miss the point of why she was ranting (even if it was totally misguided and disgusting to listen to, you at least have to respond to what she was actually saying).

This (largely)

Although I'm more of a monocultural with immigration in small doses man, rather than a multiculturalism from masses of low skilled immigrants guy.
Reply 57
"You're not British, you're Black". Stupid Chav, lol

Racists should remember one thing; the jobs immigrants and british colured people took from you were never yours in the first place, and never will be. You're under qualified. I can count on my fingers how many EDL/BNP members went to uni
Reply 58
Original post by Roshniroxy
http://rachycakes.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/an-open-letter-to-emma-west-the-racist-on-the-tram/

Personally I think this is a fit,applaudable, and stern reply to people like her.

What are your views ?

Yeah. Totally 'fit' reply. Right on.
Reply 59
Original post by wheelspin
"You're not British, you're Black". Stupid Chav, lol

Racists should remember one thing; the jobs immigrants and british colured people took from you were never yours in the first place, and never will be. You're under qualified. I can count on my fingers how many EDL/BNP members went to uni

I suspect I could count on my fingers how many EDL/BNP members are actually able to count without using their fingers. (Though not the sum total of their current membership, it pains me to add.)

Latest

Trending

Trending