The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca-Sarah
Massive essay fail. Is anyone able to get this paper please? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21170894

Have you tried emailing the authors and asking them to email you a copy? Apparently if you stroke their ego it works really well!
I have an exams all day tomorrow and instead of revising I've spent all of tonight on PGR4 and Tekken 2. This is after admitting I only went to approx half the metabolism lectures.

Great.
Original post by DexterM
Have you tried emailing the authors and asking them to email you a copy? Apparently if you stroke their ego it works really well!

I'm sure it does, but I doubt they will reply before my essay is due in! :colondollar:
Rugby or Anatomy revision sessions?

Hard choice that one. Silly med school.
Reply 7024
Essay in - BOOM. And 4 hours ahead of deadline, that's a record for me. Usually 4 minutes.
So apparently I have to phone my bank every single year so they give me an overdraft. You'd think they could automate such a system, but no.

On the plus side, got my limit extended to £1700.
Original post by RollerBall
and my sleeping pattern is ****ed.

Same :frown:

First term done. Christmas break. Biochem formative passed like a baws. Partying hard tonight.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

First term done. Christmas break. Biochem formative passed like a baws. Partying hard tonight.

Already? Man, I've got two weeks on the Neurbiology of pain >.<
Anyone know of a resource that gives a good overview of the current consensus on how paracetamol works?
Original post by Kinkerz
Anyone know of a resource that gives a good overview of the current consensus on how paracetamol works?

Are you looking for something really basic, or just a good overview? There's a few recent reviews out, such as this (let me know if the fulltext version isn't accessible for you if you want it).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8930951/NHS-must-come-clean-over-use-of-death-pathway.html#disqus_thread

Did anyone read this article in the telegraph today? I don't generally read the telegraph, but it was bought to my attention by a palliative care CNS. It's so depressing to see such a poorly researched and ignorant article portraying the good work and intentions of palliative care staff in such a horrible light. I was reading the comments and they were making me wild!
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Are you looking for something really basic, or just a good overview? There's a few recent reviews out, such as this (let me know if the fulltext version isn't accessible for you if you want it).

I wouldn't say really basic. A good overview would be good, and that article would also be good! Danke.
Original post by Kinkerz

it's very controversial, esp. the with the potential cannabinoid link. fab time to ask though as a fabulous recent paper;

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/journal/v2/n11/pdf/ncomms1559.pdf

edit: also realised i haven't replied to your pm, will do so now :smile:
Original post by mrs_bellamy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8930951/NHS-must-come-clean-over-use-of-death-pathway.html#disqus_thread

Did anyone read this article in the telegraph today? I don't generally read the telegraph, but it was bought to my attention by a palliative care CNS. It's so depressing to see such a poorly researched and ignorant article portraying the good work and intentions of palliative care staff in such a horrible light. I was reading the comments and they were making me wild!

OMG, that is appalling writing. Rage.

Thankfully some sensible comments (and some crazy ones) on the article, which really is a disgrace.
Reply 7036
Original post by RollerBall
my sleeping pattern is ****ed.

Story of my life and despite all attempts cannot seem to sort it out. Maybe we are destined to work night shifts.
Reply 7037
Original post by Fission_Mailed
So apparently I have to phone my bank every single year so they give me an overdraft. You'd think they could automate such a system, but no.

On the plus side, got my limit extended to £1700.

I never bothered opening a student account, but am finally doing it now at Barclays. They tell me I can get a £2000 OD. :cool:
Original post by lekky
Story of my life and despite all attempts cannot seem to sort it out. Maybe we are destined to work night shifts.

Same. It all began at the start of second year. But I do find my most productive time seems to be 7pm to 3am.
Original post by SMed
I never bothered opening a student account, but am finally doing it now at Barclays. They tell me I can get a £2000 OD. :cool:

I went to increase my OD at Halifax (by a very small account) and there were so many questions! Literally had to spend about 30 minutes answering questions like 'where does this money go?' 'what is this direct debit for?'. Never been asked so many questions before. :/ (Also I am in my 4th year so don't know why there were being so protrusive).

Can't wait to get more monies in Jan until I can move to Natwest. I like their lost card scheme where you can get emergency cash if you lose your card. As I always lose things... :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending