The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9680
Hey guys, I am a canadian applicant, and I was just wondering when interviews are being sent out. Thanks
Reply 9681
....Also, how many interview offers are given out, and how many of those applicants are given offers? thanks again
Original post by mvohra1
Hey guys, I am a canadian applicant, and I was just wondering when interviews are being sent out. Thanks

Original post by mvohra1
....Also, how many interview offers are given out, and how many of those applicants are given offers? thanks again

Both of these depend on the uni, we can't really help unless we know where you are applying.
Original post by Crushy
Did anyone else just pick 4 uni's they really liked and left it at that? I haven't really ranked them as such just because I'd be happy with any offer and haven't really prepared for having more than one offer out of being comfortably cynical. Meh, wait and see.

I played to my strength but also picking med schools I liked and would be happy to accept an offer from any :yep:
Reply 9684
Original post by roar558
Both of these depend on the uni, we can't really help unless we know where you are applying.[/QU

lol of course. I applied to liverpool, which i just got an interview from, east anglia, hullyork, which i got a rejection from lol, and aberdeen.
Thanks
Original post by mvohra1
lol of course. I applied to liverpool, which i just got an interview from, east anglia, hullyork, which i got a rejection from lol, and aberdeen.
Thanks

I can't help much with the english uni's, you'll probably be able to find the stats on the isc website.

For aberdeen, I remember that they gave out about 800 interviews and 400 offers last year for about 200 places. This year I think there's only 150 odd places but the other stats should be similar.
UCAS: "Information about fee changes for courses starting in 2012"

Saw that word and was like please please don't be a rejection :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:. Stupid UCAS.
interview from newcastle :eek: :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek:
Reply 9688
Original post by laurie:)

WOW! Is that 3 out of 4 interviews now?
Original post by Besakt
WOW! Is that 3 out of 4 interviews now?

YEAHHH

:h:

so shocked and happy atm :biggrin:
Original post by laurie:)

What the hell, you're seriously on a roll :eek: :tongue:
Original post by ViceVersa
What the hell, you're seriously on a roll :eek: :tongue:

:h: :banana: :biggrin:

so happy!
Original post by Crushy

Original post by Crushy
Did anyone else just pick 4 uni's they really liked and left it at that? I haven't really ranked them as such just because I'd be happy with any offer and haven't really prepared for having more than one offer out of being comfortably cynical. Meh, wait and see.

Initially, I had an order of preference but that was a very very very subtle one which has jumbled around and then completely dissolved since :tongue: So yeah, I really would just love to go anywhere. I've been amazed this year compared to last year's four rejections-without-interview, so I'm literally beaming. I'm so extremely happy to have gotten this far! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!

Good luck guys! :yy:
its on friday 13th :frown: i hope its not actually unlucky!
Reply 9694
I have just come to the sudden realisation that my life has been destroyed by that stupid UKCAT - who ever came up with it and decided it was a good idea anyway - surely there is a better way of testing all that stuff without making me decide if the box with two triangles, three squares and a squiggly line fit in group 1 or 2.

This whole application was a disaster. :cry: :cry2:
Original post by Doctor2b
I have just come to the sudden realisation that my life has been destroyed by that stupid UKCAT - who ever came up with it and decided it was a good idea anyway - surely there is a better way of testing all that stuff without making me decide if the box with two triangles, three squares and a squiggly line fit in group 1 or 2.

This whole application was a disaster. :cry: :cry2:

:console: We all have our down days when we think that our application is pointless but you never know what might happen. Depending on where you've applied to and what your ukcat actually is you might be alright. What might be a "bad" ukcat for one place might be ok for another. And some places only view it as a tiny part of the application process :smile:

I take the view on life that everything happens for a reason. I wasn't meant to get in last year and things have happened this year wouldn't have happened and I'm much happier that I'm at home instead of uni. Worst comes to worst you take a gap year and reapply. I am a MUCH stronger applicant having reapplied. I made stupid decisions last year which resulted in a gap year but actually things have worked out for the best :smile:

No matter what form it takes I hope things work out for you and remember there's always a bright side :biggrin:
Reply 9696
Original post by Quackers93
:console: We all have our down days when we think that our application is pointless but you never know what might happen. Depending on where you've applied to and what your ukcat actually is you might be alright. What might be a "bad" ukcat for one place might be ok for another. And some places only view it as a tiny part of the application process :smile:

I take the view on life that everything happens for a reason. I wasn't meant to get in last year and things have happened this year wouldn't have happened and I'm much happier that I'm at home instead of uni. Worst comes to worst you take a gap year and reapply. I am a MUCH stronger applicant having reapplied. I made stupid decisions last year which resulted in a gap year but actually things have worked out for the best :smile:

No matter what form it takes I hope things work out for you and remember there's always a bright side :biggrin:

Unfortunatly i made the mistakes and this is my gap year and the second time around isnt any prettier. Im not taking another gap year and am contemplating using clearing after this process to enter some other non-related degree because i dont want to go through this again postgrad and have my heart tore out for a third time.
Unfortunatly i made the mistakes and this is my gap year and the second time around isnt any prettier. Im not taking another gap year and am contemplating using clearing after this process to enter some other non-related degree because i dont want to go through this again postgrad and have my heart tore out for a third time.

Ah :/ Well you still never know. Having your grades might make a big difference to some uni's :smile: If there is something else that you would enjoy doing you could go for clearing or extra. Have you applied for a fifth choice? Because you could use that and that way you still get to pick the best uni for you than chance it with clearing? I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 9698
No disrespect to anyone here but i feel that we are waaaaaaay past the finger crossing stage in my case. There are sooooo many people here with UKCAT above 700 and who are far better qualified than i am and i think that the best course of action for me now is to prepare for not getting medicine - i have worked my hardest over the past 7 years soley for medicine and have failed epicly at the final hurdle (twice over) this way it will be easier for me than being optimistic and having it all ripped out from under me again because it has happened in my life too many times before.
Reply 9699
No disrespect to anyone here but i feel that we are waaaaaaay past the finger crossing stage in my case. There are sooooo many people here with UKCAT above 700 and who are far better qualified than i am and i think that the best course of action for me now is to prepare for not getting medicine - i have worked my hardest over the past 7 years soley for medicine and have failed epicly at the final hurdle (twice over) this way it will be easier for me than being optimistic and having it all ripped out from under me again because it has happened in my life too many times before.

Where did you apply?
What was your grades and UKCAT like?

Latest

Trending

Trending