The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jace Falco
I met a girl who actually spent the time to paint an enlarged version of a page from Scott Pilgrim volume 8 to go on her wall.

Marriage material right there :awesome:

Only six volumes exist :proud:
Original post by Colonel.
Only six volumes exist :proud:

You're quite right. I haven't read them since March, and misremembered because of the seven evil exes (although I now remember that the Katayanagi twins were at the same time).

EDIT: I'm not sure why I said 8 rather than 7 though :erm: Maybe it was because I remembered there being an even number of volumes? I don't know. Brain fail, anyhow.
Reply 4862
Original post by Phalanges

It must really suck to be shooting an Oscar-worthy film next year when you're going to come up against this.

:yes: Agreed.

And on which note:

:adore:
Reply 4863
Is it wrong that I want to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo just because Trent Reznor's doing the soundtrack?

:coma:
Yes.

You should be seeing it because of David Fincher.
Original post by Abiraleft
:yes: Agreed.

And on which note:

:adore:

John Proctor! :cry2:
Reply 4866
Yes.

You should be seeing it because of David Fincher.

Just realised it's an 18 anyway. Bah.
Original post by Pi!
Just realised it's an 18 anyway. Bah.

Well yes, without massively censoring certain sections there's not a chance in hell it could be anything less.
Yeah. I can think of at least two bits that are 18 by themselves.
Just watched the entire first season of Community within 24 hours :awesome:
Hugo is fantastic. I love you, Marty.
I watched 'American Beauty' in full for the first time last night. It was ... interesting.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I watched 'American Beauty' in full for the first time last night. It was ... interesting.

Caitlin Moran :yy:
Can't decide whether to watch 'V For Vendetta', 'Taken' or 'Source Code'. I'll watch them all at some point, but I'm having difficulty choosing which to watch first :dontknow:
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Can't decide whether to watch 'V For Vendetta', 'Taken' or 'Source Code'. I'll watch them all at some point, but I'm having difficulty choosing which to watch first :dontknow:

Taken is best then V For Vendetta, then Source Code. Although they're all good.

Now I want to watch Taken again.
Original post by Jace Falco
Taken is best then V For Vendetta, then Source Code. Although they're all good.

Now I want to watch Taken again.

Ha! Taken it is, then. Heard good things about them all but I was a bit unsure about Source Code.
Source Code is better than either of those films. Shuddup.
Source Code is better than either of those films. Shuddup.

Really, though? REALLY? :eyeball:

I do love a bit of Jake... :coma:
last night I saw an incredible film from 1981 called "escape from new york" - it's the character snake plissken from the metal gear solid games is based on, played by kurt russell, ****ing awesome film.
Yeah, I absolutely loved Source Code. Taken is fun, but Liam Neeson makes it look better than it is. VfV is mediocre.

Quick Reply

Latest