The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medican
They could be helpful when it comes to clearing and such. :smile:

Hopefully it won't have to come to that. :smile:

I,ll re-subscribe after :wink:
When they send you the "thank you" postcard, is that a form of confirmation that they've received the completed questionnaire ? :confused:
Reply 1042
Original post by arsi123

Original post by arsi123
When they send you the "thank you" postcard, is that a form of confirmation that they've received the completed questionnaire ? :confused:

No, they don't send you any confirmation for the questionnaire we sent (unless you contact them). The postcard was just to say that they had received your application from UCAS :smile:
Original post by tobnot
No, they don't send you any confirmation for the questionnaire we sent (unless you contact them). The postcard was just to say that they had received your application from UCAS :smile:

Oh, right. :frown:

Since they sent me the postcard a few days after I had sent the completed questionnaire, I presumed ( my fault ! ) that it was in response to successfully receiving my post.

It seems like they haven't received my questionnaire, even though I sent it two weeks ago ! Darn it ! :mad:

By the way, does the University send an email or anything, in order to confirm receipt of the completed questionnaire ? :confused:
Reply 1044
Original post by sumsum123
I,ll re-subscribe after :wink:

Haha. Good idea.
Reply 1045
Original post by Ally312
Same to you too :smile:

All this talk about forms getting lost is getting me worried, because I have not sent anything by recorded post. Oh dear. :s-smilie:
The only one I did send via recorded post was for UEA because they wanted original documents.

I havent heard anything about lost post?! when was this? ooww man... that dont sound good!
Was yours received? Dont say we have to call them up to ask- the amount of times i have called them its unreal!
Reply 1046
Did southampton just send you a form to provide evidence of the particular criteria..or did it come with a written questionnaire like nottingham did?
Reply 1047
Original post by LKLB93
Did southampton just send you a form to provide evidence of the particular criteria..or did it come with a written questionnaire like nottingham did?

Just a form for evidence.
Reply 1048
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Just a form for evidence.

Okay phew i was just about to panic. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1049
Original post by BethaneyJ
x

Hey there,

I was just wondering whether you knew what order southampton select applicants for BM6 for interview. Is it just a random order or based on whoever's application they read first etc? :smile:

Thanks. Good luck on the BM5 course. Not that you'll need it. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Honey:)
I havent heard anything about lost post?! when was this? ooww man... that dont sound good!
Was yours received? Dont say we have to call them up to ask- the amount of times i have called them its unreal!

Some people are getting panicked about it on the previous pages because they sent it ages ago and the tracking service says it's still being processed.

And I haven't heard anything back from them. I'm just wondering whether I should call them or not, because I don't want to bother/irritate them lol
Reply 1051
Why are people creating such a panic? The royal mail and post office are not incompetent. I'm sure if it hasn't arrived they will send another form.
Reply 1052
Original post by Ally312
Some people are getting panicked about it on the previous pages because they sent it ages ago and the tracking service says it's still being processed.

And I haven't heard anything back from them. I'm just wondering whether I should call them or not, because I don't want to bother/irritate them lol

Can I just say, I don't think southampton actually confirm whether they receive your forms or not. In fact, assuming that no one on this thread received confirmation, I think that pretty much confirms it. Hope that helps a bit. :smile:
Reply 1053
Original post by Medican
Can I just say, I don't think southampton actually confirm whether they receive your forms or not. In fact, assuming that no one on this thread received confirmation, I think that pretty much confirms it. Hope that helps a bit. :smile:

But you can confirm it by ringing them up, which is what everybody is on about. Or you could just avoid, all the worry pay 77p extra and pay for recorded delivery.
Reply 1054
Original post by Besakt
But you can confirm it by ringing them up, which is what everybody is on about. Or you could just avoid, all the worry pay 77p extra and pay for recorded delivery.

Hmmm I think on a previous page someone said they sent there forms recorded twice and said they still did not receive either forms.

I don't think people should call up soton. You said it yourself :smile: :

The royal mail and post office are not incompetent. I'm sure if it hasn't arrived they will send another form.
Reply 1055
Original post by Medican
Hmmm I think on a previous page someone said they sent there forms recorded twice and said they still did not receive either forms.

I don't think people should call up soton. You said it yourself :smile: :

They are probably very very unlucky and should probably get into contact with the royal mail/post office. http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/mail-late-lost
Reply 1056
I assume they would have by now but you're right.
Original post by Medican
Hey there,

I was just wondering whether you knew what order southampton select applicants for BM6 for interview. Is it just a random order or based on whoever's application they read first etc? :smile:

Thanks. Good luck on the BM5 course. Not that you'll need it. :redface:

once all applications are in, they start being assessed....

your interview is simply based on where you come in the pile of applications that get assessed.....

as they give out offers after ALL interviews have finished *unless you get full marks in both interview and pre-interview in which case you get an early offer* it doesn't matter when you get interviewed as you will have an equal chance as everyone else
Reply 1058
Original post by infernalcradle
once all applications are in, they start being assessed....

your interview is simply based on where you come in the pile of applications that get assessed.....

as they give out offers after ALL interviews have finished *unless you get full marks in both interview and pre-interview in which case you get an early offer* it doesn't matter when you get interviewed as you will have an equal chance as everyone else

OK thanks a lot. It's just I'm starting to become a bit restless and impatient as you can imagine. :tongue:

How you finding BM6 btw? :biggrin:
Original post by Besakt

actually recorded delivery cost me £5.45 :pierre:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending