The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by charleydavis
ah okay :smile: yeah i think individually, sussex is ranked much higher than Brighton. I called them yesterday and the admissions lady at Sussex said that they will expect our personal statements to be "heavily weighted" towards medicine but that if we want to, we can email them directly with a revised personal statement that they'll attach to our applications to the other courses. I was wondering though, if we apply to another course will be considered separately to everyone else applying for that course, so technically we could get rejected from the alternative course too?

yes technically you will be in competition with everyone, but you will have the advantage of being referred by the medical school which will certainly give your application a greater chance of acceptance.
Reply 501
Original post by heartshapedbox
How did your interview go?

Yeah it went ok thanks, how was yours? BSMS is the best!!
Reply 502
Original post by Nattyt

How long until you hear back from them? and good luck by the way!
Reply 503
Original post by fdecas150

Well apparently you find out before Christmas? But i'm not 100% sure, thanks a lot! good luck to you as well! x
Original post by fdecas150

Original post by Nattyt
Well apparently you find out before Christmas? But i'm not 100% sure, thanks a lot! good luck to you as well! x

They say on the admissions days that they will endeavour to have all decisions for interviewees by Christmas, with the earliest news out during mid-December. However, they also said that there's a chance a few will slip over to January so if you have to wait then it's nothing to concern yourself about.
Reply 505
So does BSMS send interview invites by post or by mail?
Reply 506
Original post by Fuero
So does BSMS send interview invites by post or by mail?

I know that my friend got his rejection by post. Been wondering the same!
Reply 507
If they send out rejections by post, I'd have to wait two weeks to receive it :O
Original post by Fuero

Original post by Fuero
So does BSMS send interview invites by post or by email?

Post and mail are the same thing :tongue:

They send them by both post and email, although you'll obviously notice the email much earlier if you're avidly checking your email inbox like most applicants :smile: In the envelope by post though, you get loads of resources attached such as a campus map and advice on the admissions day.
Reply 509
Original post by CraigKirk
Post and mail are the same thing :tongue:

They send them by both post and email, although you'll obviously notice the email much earlier if you're avidly checking your email inbox like most applicants :smile: In the envelope by post though, you get loads of resources attached such as a campus map and advice on the admissions day.

Oh haha that's what I meant, thanks! So Feburary interviews should be sent out somewhere in the middle/at the end of January right?
Reply 510
Original post by righthanded5
why is that?:confused:

are you an international applicant?

Dutch applicant :frown: I applied to Nottingham too and they sent me an email that I had to fill out a questionnaire, and they also sent it by post, which arrived two weeks later and past the deadline of the questionnaire.

Imagine if I hadn't checked my email..
Original post by Fuero

Original post by Fuero
Oh haha that's what I meant, thanks! So Feburary interviews should be sent out somewhere in the middle/at the end of January right?

I don't know; I'm an applicant too. But yeah, I should imagine so. My interview invite was toward the end of October for a 12th November interview, so same should go. However, some peeps have had shorter notice than this.
Reply 512
Anyone know if BSMS give out pre-interview rejections after Christmas or do they all come now?
Reply 513

I was wondering this too, as I havent heard from BSMS yet, I'll look in last years thread later, see what I can make of it... but if anyone else knows please post! :smile:

Checked. Some people got rejected pre-interview in late January. I guess the wait goes on... :sigh:
Reply 514
Guys, are the rejections so far pre-interview rejections or have some people been rejected after interview? :/ ooh and any offers yet ??
Reply 515
Original post by realm
Guys, are the rejections so far pre-interview rejections or have some people been rejected after interview? :/ ooh and any offers yet ??

According to the Medicine Applicants Stalking Page, a few people have been rejected pre-interview and there haven't been any offers yet
Reply 516
Original post by Fuero
According to the Medicine Applicants Stalking Page, a few people have been rejected pre-interview and there haven't been any offers yet

Thanks! So no rejections after interview?
Was getting a tad worried then ! :tongue:
Reply 517
Original post by realm
Thanks! So no rejections after interview?
Was getting a tad worried then ! :tongue:

Not yet! Keep your hopes up haha
Original post by Rand
If they send out rejections by post, I'd have to wait two weeks to receive it :O

Same! I check the mailbox everyday and it's driving me crazy!
Original post by Nattyt

I havent had an interview yet... still waiting :frown:
any tips/advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending