The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5680
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Sure sure, that's your excuse :wink2: But yeah... 7 MONTHS AND ITS ONLY ON 286 PAGES! :eek: what is this. I demand an economics debate RIGHT NOW!

Spoiler

There isn't even a Politics 2012 thread :fuhrer:

Politics :yawn:
:backstab::plz2::mob::judge::diep:

Downright cheek! Joint honours ftw :h: :love:

You'd all be unemployed if it weren't for the government. Just you remember that :awesome:

Original post by Tateco
Politics :yawn:
Reply 5682
Original post by 94george94
Bristol was my first offer as well! Congratulations also!

Where else have you applied?

Thanks! I also applied to Warwick, Nottingham, Bath and Southampton :smile:

And you?
Reply 5683
:backstab::plz2::mob::judge::diep:

Downright cheek! Joint honours ftw :h: :love:

You'd all be unemployed if it weren't for the government. Just you remember that :awesome:

The relationship between them is really interesting and how they interact, but there seems to be so many things wrong with the way politics works, maybe you can fix that? :tongue:
Reply 5684
Original post by Hemzo

And you?

Your universities are all quite similar in terms of quality, how would you rank them if you got offers from all five?
Reply 5685
Original post by Tateco
To be fair this thread is 7 months old! And I've been giving lots of advice :wink:

You should become the moderator for this Economics forum :tongue:
Reply 5686
Original post by Tateco
Your universities are all quite similar in terms of quality, how would you rank them if you got offers from all five?

Warwick would be first without a doubt :tongue:

Followed by Nottingham, Bath, Bristol, Southampton. Was originally worried about not getting any offers, but got given a good confidence booster by the Bristol offer. Hopefully more to follow :biggrin:

You applied to Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Bath right?
Original post by Tateco
The relationship between them is really interesting and how they interact, but there seems to be so many things wrong with the way politics works, maybe you can fix that? :tongue:

Yes because there's absolutely nothing from with how economics works *cough* generalisations assumptions theories maths *infinite list* maybe you can fix that :smile:

I'm just kidding, but yes the flaws in politics won't change until people demand them! So I blame the people :biggrin: *shifting the blame to others, ah I would rock at being a politician* :lol: but no, I'm probably just going to be another sell-out and go into banking/consultancy :awesome:
Doh, *insert witty economics joke here*

How does an economist prepare for interview...

They don't, leave it to the invisible hand to do all the work :biggrin:

*feeble laugh* that was so bad but yeah...

:teehee:

It's all good, just... waiting and stuff. Track hasn't even made it into my top sites yet :tongue:

That's a good sign. There's no need to check Track anyway, just wait for the automatic emails and check then. :smile:

哈哈哈 好啊! Well HELLO best university in China... you sure aim high :rolleyes:

Ah, what kind of cool stuff do they teach you there :awesome:

I've never studied Chinese before so this is a complete beginner's course but it's pretty intensive - we have classes for Listening, Speaking and Writing (Comprehensive) with dictation tests almost every day. I'm doing more hours of study here than I did at uni proper. :s-smilie: But I think it's worth it - I can write maybe 400-500 characters and recognise maybe 600-700 so far. :smile:
I need some advice. :frown: I've been so confused. I sent my UCAS off having added 3 choices. LSE (A&F) Birmingham, Nottingham (Economics)

I now need to add a back up and another choice. IS RHUL a good back up? I don't really know much about it. Or should I add Sheffield instead? And for my 4th option I'm confused between Manchester/York. I like E+F course at York and the E with F at Sheffield. I would add those two but I'm scared I won't get any offers (or perhaps just 1 from Sheffield).

I have AABB at AS and predicted A*AAA + a in AS FM. My B's at AS are worrying me but I did have my referee explain my circumstances and I was also 2% off my As. If I add York and Sheffield would I be taking a risk? Should I go for Sheffield and RHUL? Sorry if I sound really crazy ... this thing has been bugging for weeks hence I decided send my UCAS off with just 3 choices.:headfire:
Original post by -Illmatic-
did you end up applying?! :biggrin:

Yeah, looks like the decision paid off! Couldn't be happier. :biggrin:
Original post by Hemzo

And you?

UCL, Nottingham, Exeter and York. :biggrin:
Reply 5692
Lord vulture,
Sorry I didn't reply to your posts yesterday, I was real busy, if I get time then hopefully I will do the other questions as well.
Didn't some one have an interview today at 8:35am? How did it go ?
Alex, Thnx for the tons of help you gave me on my PS, got an offer from bath and interview at Cam on Tuesday. What jobs are you applying for ?
Reply 5693
Original post by zxh800

How was it? :eek4:
Original post by MWM
Alex, Thnx for the tons of help you gave me on my PS, got an offer from bath and interview at Cam on Tuesday. What jobs are you applying for ?

Well done on the offer and good luck with the interview on Tuesday. :smile:

I'm applying for a mixture of jobs - banking, consultancy and IT at the moment, then later maybe actuarial and accountancy as well. After that perhaps postgrad but I'm not sure that I want to study for another year.
Original post by alex_hk90
:teehee:

That's a good sign. There's no need to check Track anyway, just wait for the automatic emails and check then. :smile:

I've never studied Chinese before so this is a complete beginner's course but it's pretty intensive - we have classes for Listening, Speaking and Writing (Comprehensive) with dictation tests almost every day. I'm doing more hours of study here than I did at uni proper. :s-smilie: But I think it's worth it - I can write maybe 400-500 characters and recognise maybe 600-700 so far. :smile:

I'm glad so many people appreciate my economic humour :awesome:

Ah so true! I am just getting a lil sick of everyone asking me whether anything has changed. IDEC

Sounds intense, so you're a full on expatriate? :facepalm: silly me, I just assumed that because you were born in HK you knew some or something but horray! 汉语很useful :smile: that's probably more than I know, and my relatives are Chinese.

Just Legen...

DARY!
Original post by azure.skies
I need some advice. :frown: I've been so confused. I sent my UCAS off having added 3 choices. LSE (A&F) Birmingham, Nottingham (Economics)

I now need to add a back up and another choice. IS RHUL a good back up? I don't really know much about it. Or should I add Sheffield instead? And for my 4th option I'm confused between Manchester/York. I like E+F course at York and the E with F at Sheffield. I would add those two but I'm scared I won't get any offers (or perhaps just 1 from Sheffield).

I have AABB at AS and predicted A*AAA + a in AS FM. My B's at AS are worrying me but I did have my referee explain my circumstances and I was also 2% off my As. If I add York and Sheffield would I be taking a risk? Should I go for Sheffield and RHUL? Sorry if I sound really crazy ... this thing has been bugging for weeks hence I decided send my UCAS off with just 3 choices.:headfire:

I don't know much about Sheffield and York outlook. But looking at your grades, I'll say, you'll get an offer for Economics at Manchester if you did apply :smile:
Original post by theseeker
I don't know much about Sheffield and York outlook. But looking at your grades, I'll say, you'll get an offer for Economics at Manchester if you did apply :smile:

Nah, but I considered Manchester. I'm confused because I like the course at Sheffield. I always fluctuate and then make a very weird last minute decision :rolleyes: lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5698
Original post by Tateco
How was it? :eek4:

:cry2:

1st one went well but the less said about the 2nd the better... I'll found out on the 5th (or whenever they hand out rejections) how bad it went.
Reply 5699
Original post by zxh800
:cry2:

1st one went well but the less said about the 2nd the better... I'll found out on the 5th (or whenever they hand out rejections) how bad it went.

Oh really? :s-smilie: Just couldn't answer the questions or what? :frown: Just remember that it is not a final hurdle, it forms part of the overall application profile :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending