The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethmarydowd
thank you!! :smile: i'll hold out for a letter and then ring them in a few weeks if nothing shows :smile: i was so excited to have an invitation i just accepted without looking into it aha :biggrin:

Just to let you know my letter arrived. I have to say I am impressed with Teesside so far. I loved it and the atmosphere at the Open Day & now I have received this invitation/interview pack.

Very well organised, the pack is very clear on what you need to do and/or bring, what time you should arrive, who can come with you, what you should wear, what the day (yes day!!!!) will consist of and what the actual 1:1 interview may include and what they are looking for.

Plenty of time to prep for it.

Nervous... :eek:

I also got an offer, without an interview from UCLAN from one of the courses I applied for which has a much lower entry criteria than the course on the UCLAN site suggested. I wonder why that would be? Nice insurance course though.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 21
They finally contacted me and offered me another day!
What days are other people going up on? My interview is the 1st of February. I only just clicked 'accept' on UCAS so hopefully I'll get some more info on what I'll actually be doing soon.
Reply 22
Original post by white_zinfandel

Very well organised, the pack is very clear on what you need to do and/or bring, what time you should arrive, who can come with you, what you should wear, what the day (yes day!!!!) will consist of and what the actual 1:1 interview may include and what they are looking for.

What did ur pack say u need to bring? coz mine didn't say anything. and u knw how said it explained wat the interview my include, is it that booklet on 'guide to applicant interview'.
What subject are u applying for again?:colondollar:

Thx
Reply 23
I have a conditional for English & Creative Writing at Teesside :smile:)
Reply 24
Original post by rayyychel

well done
Original post by anna11
What did ur pack say u need to bring? coz mine didn't say anything. and u knw how said it explained wat the interview my include, is it that booklet on 'guide to applicant interview'.
What subject are u applying for again?:colondollar:

Thx

Apart from yourself, they encouraged friends or parents to come along. They gave guidance on dress code and explained what format the interview would be in and what they hoped to gain from it. They didn't actually ask me to bring anything other than my parents TBH :redface:, but I guess if you were doing something arty they may want portfolios etc? I am doing forensic science so nothing to bring really.

It's all in the Guide to Aplicant Interviews, yes. It is worth putting an hour aside and really reading through it. Don't forget it also includes a form that you have to fill in and email back to confirm your attendance. Well - at least my pack did.
Original post by rayyychel

great stuff, exciting innit? :smile:
Reply 27
Apart from yourself, they encouraged friends or parents to come along. They gave guidance on dress code and explained what format the interview would be in and what they hoped to gain from it. They didn't actually ask me to bring anything other than my parents TBH :redface:, but I guess if you were doing something arty they may want portfolios etc? I am doing forensic science so nothing to bring really.

It's all in the Guide to Aplicant Interviews, yes. It is worth putting an hour aside and really reading through it. Don't forget it also includes a form that you have to fill in and email back to confirm your attendance. Well - at least my pack did.

yeh i scanned and emailed them the reply slip, the day i got the slip.:smile: when is ur interview?
Original post by anna11
yeh i scanned and emailed them the reply slip, the day i got the slip.:smile: when is ur interview?

14th December 1.5 weeks away .................
Reply 29
14th December 1.5 weeks away .................

Mine as well, might see u thr:smile:
Wat is ur name? If u don't mind me asking...
Or if u don't want to say it here PM me:smile:
Reply 30
hey guys, finally a thread for Teesside, looked for ages :biggrin:
Applying for Computer Animation and got an invitation to an interview next week, soo nervous :s-smilie:.. not looking forward to a 5 hours journey in the morning mind haha but Teesside is my number one choice :biggrin:.. cant wait till next year!
Reply 31
Original post by Mikee250
hey guys, finally a thread for Teesside, looked for ages :biggrin:
Applying for Computer Animation and got an invitation to an interview next week, soo nervous :s-smilie:.. not looking forward to a 5 hours journey in the morning mind haha but Teesside is my number one choice :biggrin:.. cant wait till next year!

Hey good luck for the interview:smile:
Please Tell us abt it, how it went and wat sort of questions they asked and stuff.
Thz
Reply 32
Original post by anna11
Hey good luck for the interview:smile:
Please Tell us abt it, how it went and wat sort of questions they asked and stuff.
Thz

thanks!, I will dont worry :smile: from what I've learnt the interviewers are really nice, its more of a chat than a question and then answer type interview
Good Luck to all :smile:
Just to let you know my letter arrived. I have to say I am impressed with Teesside so far. I loved it and the atmosphere at the Open Day & now I have received this invitation/interview pack.

Plenty of time to prep for it.

Nervous... :eek:

I also got an offer, without an interview from UCLAN from one of the courses I applied for which has a much lower entry criteria than the course on the UCLAN site suggested. I wonder why that would be? Nice insurance course though.

i got a letter too... although i missed all of that info you just said... was all that in the tiny little booklet that came in the letter?
orrrrrr did you receive that after you sent the reply slip back?
Got an offer for Pychology 2012 entry :smile:
Reply 35
Anyone applied for English & Creative Writing or just English quote me :biggrin:
Original post by bethmarydowd
i got a letter too... although i missed all of that info you just said... was all that in the tiny little booklet that came in the letter?
orrrrrr did you receive that after you sent the reply slip back?

Neither, I didn't get a tiny booklet, mine was all A4 paper stapled together in different sections dependent upon what it related to.

I wouldn't worry about it, it must depend which department and course as to what you actually receive!
Reply 37
Hi guys!

I recieved an unconditional offer today for Criminology at Teesside! Is there anyone else applying for this?
Original post by rebecca-x
Hi guys!

I recieved an unconditional offer today for Criminology at Teesside! Is there anyone else applying for this?

congrats :smile:
Reply 39
I've applied to Teesside to do Accounting & Finance.
Just awaiting their decision now :smile:

I didn't manage to go to one of their open days, did everyone like it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending