The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Like_A_G6

Just found out I can't play .avi on android devices :frown:

I'm on the verge of switching back to WM but the only thing stopping me is android has more and better apps at non extortionate prices and it supports flash.

I can play avi files, what are you using to play them? I use MX Video
Original post by wizard710
I can play avi files, what are you using to play them? I use MX Video

MixZing. I'll try MX Video. Thanks :smile:

Didn't work :frown:

The video shows up but when I click on it, it prepares to be played and then skips onto the next video which isn't avi file format. Could the file size be an issue? It's 701mb and an hour and half long.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6442

The video shows up but when I click on it, it prepares to be played and then skips onto the next video which isn't avi file format. Could the file size be an issue? It's 701mb and an hour and half long.

AVI is a container format. More relevant is the codec that your video was encoded with.
Having problems with my HTC Legend. Some of The apps on my homescreen hadn't come up fully so I removed them off my homescreen and went to put them back, but for some reason they'd disappeared off my phone. When I try and redownload the apps I get a error message saying 'Application cannot be installed in the default installation location' Anyone got any ideas?
Reply 6444
Just found out I can't play .avi on android devices :frown:

I'm on the verge of switching back to WM but the only thing stopping me is android has more and better apps at non extortionate prices and it supports flash.

What you can play is dependent on the file formats your phone supports. The SGS and SII support pretty much everything. What phone do you have?
Original post by mcp2
What you can play is dependent on the file formats your phone supports. The SGS and SII support pretty much everything. What phone do you have?

xperia play so not as good as the two you mentioned.
Reply 6446
xperia play so not as good as the two you mentioned.

Try MX Video Player and install the codecs it asks for.

I use mvideoplayer sometimes...maybe that'll work? or rockplayer?
I love this Galaxy Nexus phone but specs wise would you not be better off with something like the SGSII or SGnote? Dunno if they'll be update to ICS though:confused:
Reply 6449
Original post by redmonkey7
I use mvideoplayer sometimes...maybe that'll work? or rockplayer?

mvideoplayer only plays what is natively supported by the phone

I love this Galaxy Nexus phone but specs wise would you not be better off with something like the SGSII or SGnote? Dunno if they'll be update to ICS though:confused:

SII has been confirmed to be getting ICS and pretty soon I hope.
Reply 6450

Other than the camera's sensor resolution, the Nexus has the same or slightly better specs than the SGSII in almost every respect (especially the screen, which is perhaps the most important). Whether that's worth an extra £100 is a judgement call...
I'm not sure about the Note (though it's incredibly smooth), but it's size is the deal-breaker on that for most people.
I gotta say, ics is rather nice, even though im on a very alpha ROM...
Original post by G8D
Can you possibly have a look at the link I posted above and see if you can see anything in settings that could help me?

Ahhh, I already came back to gb. I'll flash again tomorrow and have a look.
Source code for x86 released :sexface:
Original post by G8D
Can you possibly have a look at the link I posted above and see if you can see anything in settings that could help me?

I cant find anything here in ics network settings that would indicate any proxy support. Maybe thats because its an early alpha, but it is built from source, so i would have thought not...

I find this a little sad as sense 3.0 seems to support that on 2.3.5. I havent tested it as the only proxy i have access to is at work and i cant be bothered with getting it going on the domain.

Posted from ICS btw :wink:
My phone keeps on receiving texts a few days after...android problem or network problem?
Maybe a modem or network problem?
Flashed a Sense 3.5 ROM on to my Desire S. It's so lovely! Endymion 3.0 :fyi:
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Flashed a Sense 3.5 ROM on to my Desire S. It's so lovely! Endymion 3.0 :fyi:

mikey, what are the speakers on your phone like? I was listening to some music from YouTube on my phone in the living room, and anything with distortion just sounded out of tune ._. Is your phone's speaker better?

Also, do you know a good way to get pictures (from my phone's camera folder) onto my computer? I've used the Windows 7 automatic import tool, but it gets pictures from every folder on my SD card and I have duplicates now :nothing: Is there a better way? :colondollar:
Original post by + polarity -
mikey, what are the speakers on your phone like? I was listening to some music from YouTube on my phone in the living room, and anything with distortion just sounded out of tune ._. Is your phone's speaker better?

Also, do you know a good way to get pictures (from my phone's camera folder) onto my computer? I've used the Windows 7 automatic import tool, but it gets pictures from every folder on my SD card and I have duplicates now :nothing: Is there a better way? :colondollar:

FTP connect to the phone.

e.g.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/swiftp-ftp-server/org.swiftp

Latest

Trending

Trending