The Student Room Group

Official 2012 Biochemistry Applicants*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vanesavu
AAh congratz! Im still waiting for a reply from Imperial, and its driving me nuts.
2 Questions:colondollar: :
When did you send your application? and also, What time did you receive an email saying u got an offer?

Thanks!

(looks like youre doing IB as well. I feel and share your pain :wink: :biggrin:)

I'm grateful i don't even need a 6 in HL maths :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sent off 27th September, recieved last night about 10.30
Reply 201
Applied for Bath, Bristol, Leeds, Imperial and Warwick - all Biochemistry
AS grades: AABB (maths, biology chemistry and product design respectivly)
A2 Predicted grades: AAAa (Maths, Chemistry, Biology + AS level Further maths taken as enrichment)
Sent UCAS of three weeks ago and only offer so far is from Leeds yesterday: ABB.
Original post by TheNabilaQ
YES! My friend went on the last one and said it was really underwhelming and the tutor asked really awkward questions, but I'm hoping mine will be less scary :smile:

Thank goodness it's not just me! I'm absolutely terrified, especially since they've already given out offers! It's like they're trying to put you off going :frown:
Original post by CeeTay
i only got my invitation yesterday so i dont know yet! kind of panicking and therefore not got actually round to doing any revision! what about you?
:smile:

Sorry only just saw this!! Well I'm working on my gap year atm so I am quite busy, but yeah I think I'll go over the books I mentioned in my PS as well as revising a bit of Bio and Chem. My friend said the interviews are very 'how you think' not 'what you know' so I'm quite confused!
Original post by colliewobble
Sorry only just saw this!! Well I'm working on my gap year atm so I am quite busy, but yeah I think I'll go over the books I mentioned in my PS as well as revising a bit of Bio and Chem. My friend said the interviews are very 'how you think' not 'what you know' so I'm quite confused!

Your friend is correct! Although they'l be a basic level of understanding assumed and knowing extra things from revision isnt going to harm you! :smile:
Original post by LearningMath
Your friend is correct! Although they'l be a basic level of understanding assumed and knowing extra things from revision isnt going to harm you! :smile:

Oh for sure. Not taking this lightly! Am a bit worried that my not being at school will affect me though, as I don't know if my brain is in the right mode!
Reply 206
Sussex offer now as well, ABB/AAC, that'll be my reserve.
Still hoping for Bath...
is anyone in sheffield tomorrow for biochemistry? apparently its an 'informal interview,' i have no idea what theyre going to ask!
Reply 208
Original post by thelovecats
is anyone in sheffield tomorrow for biochemistry? apparently its an 'informal interview,' i have no idea what theyre going to ask!

I went to one last month, they basically just asked why biochemistry, why sheffield, what parts of my A level course do i enjoy most etc :smile: There was nothing academic, the guy who interviewed me was really nice and friendly and it was really relaxed, so don't worry! :smile:
Original post by Hattie
I went to one last month, they basically just asked why biochemistry, why sheffield, what parts of my A level course do i enjoy most etc :smile: There was nothing academic, the guy who interviewed me was really nice and friendly and it was really relaxed, so don't worry! :smile:

oh good! thanks :smile: not so worried now!
I wish St Andrews and Durham would hurry upppppp!
Reply 211
got liverpool ABB and qmul BBB offer. anyone going on the biosciences post-ap open day for liverpool 3rd march?
I have all my offers and have looked around all my respective universities, but I have no idea where to firm and insure. I've applied to KCL, Newcastle, Exeter, Liverpool and Belfast, please help!
Anyone else have an interview with Manchester on February 8th? :-)
Reply 214
Just got a Nottingham Offer at ABB!
Also interveiws at Lancaster and Sheffield :smile:
Guys, could you recommend me a university for Biochemistry. Struggling to find one more - the last. I already chose Edinburgh, St.Andrews, York, Sheffield. :smile: Thanks.
Original post by Valentas
Guys, could you recommend me a university for Biochemistry. Struggling to find one more - the last. I already chose Edinburgh, St.Andrews, York, Sheffield. :smile: Thanks.

Bath, Exeter or Nottingham? :smile:
Reply 217
anyone going to the post application visit day at liverpool uni on the 18th feb?? :smile:
Original post by Jackasaurus Rex
I have all my offers and have looked around all my respective universities, but I have no idea where to firm and insure. I've applied to KCL, Newcastle, Exeter, Liverpool and Belfast, please help!

I'd firm KCL, then insure either Liverpool or Exeter.

Original post by Valentas

Why not try a London one? Imperial...UCL...KCL
Reply 219
offers from Bath, Sussex, and Southampton what shall I firm??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending