The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kinkerz

I can't see it on my iPad (booo), what is it?
Original post by clarusblue
I can't see it on my iPad (booo), what is it?

It's a virtual Christmas card: "Merry Christmas from everyone at Keele University School of Medicine."
(edited 12 years ago)
First of 3 exams tomorrow (EMQ) - super nervous as it's my first time taking a more clinical exam and apparently our exam has been completely rewritten for our year...great. Don't even know what to expect. :afraid:
Original post by Kinkerz

Original post by Kinkerz
It's a virtual Christmas card: "Merry Christmas from everyone at Keele University Medical School."

Little things like that make me love keele, I'm so easily impressed
Our medschool has a rather fetching real christmas tree. Nice to see an effort.
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
I went to increase my OD at Halifax (by a very small account) and there were so many questions! Literally had to spend about 30 minutes answering questions like 'where does this money go?' 'what is this direct debit for?'. Never been asked so many questions before. :/ (Also I am in my 4th year so don't know why there were being so protrusive).

Can't wait to get more monies in Jan until I can move to Natwest. I like their lost card scheme where you can get emergency cash if you lose your card. As I always lose things... :colondollar:

I was thinking of increasing my OD. Sounds like too much hassle. Nosy bastards.
Original post by Philosoraptor
SBA finals for Paeds/GP/Derm tomorrow - wish me luck!

Good luck!
Why all the random negging? :s
Original post by No Future
Why all the random negging? :s

Oggz is being a baby.

I literally just walked into my bank (NatWest) and asked. He asked how much by, I asked for the maximum, he did so. Simples.
Original post by magichearts
First of 3 exams tomorrow (EMQ) - super nervous as it's my first time taking a more clinical exam and apparently our exam has been completely rewritten for our year...great. Don't even know what to expect. :afraid:

Good luck! :smile:

The Halifax in my home town is fine, they'll do it there and then, on the computer for you. But the one in Leicester is the one I'd had an issue with. It really annoyed me as I thought it was going to take 5 minutes, and couldn't see the relevance of half the questions they asked. The lady then said if I got a loan from student finance they'd do the same - I told her they expect me to pay it back after graduation but don't ask for a breakdown of what I used it for.

Original post by Becca-Sarah
I literally just walked into my bank (NatWest) and asked. He asked how much by, I asked for the maximum, he did so. Simples.

I am definitely going to change to Natwest.
Everyone assumed that "Data Interpretation" on a Haem/Derm OSCE would be blood tests/films. It was patch testing. FML.
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
The Halifax in my home town is fine, they'll do it there and then, on the computer for you. But the one in Leicester is the one I'd had an issue with. It really annoyed me as I thought it was going to take 5 minutes, and couldn't see the relevance of half the questions they asked. The lady then said if I got a loan from student finance they'd do the same - I told her they expect me to pay it back after graduation but don't ask for a breakdown of what I used it for.
I am definitely going to change to Natwest.

I generally don't recommend switching to them, cos when I did I ended up with no access to my money for 10 days with no advance warning of this, so ended up living off coppers. Basically they transferred all my money, which takes 3 days or something. They assumed (incorrectly) that I had other sources of money than my current account, such as a credit card. They then failed to send me my PIN for my new card for well over a week, so my only way of getting money was to go to the branch itself with ID, and it was too far away/I was busy/some other reason. Though I did get my own personal bank manager for a year, which was pretty awesome and makes me hate generic call centres with an even greater passion now.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Everyone assumed that "Data Interpretation" on a Haem/Derm OSCE would be blood tests/films. It was patch testing. FML.

??
Original post by Wangers

Original post by Wangers
??

As in allergy patch testing. And the mechanisms of Type IV hypersensitivity reactions.....
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
As in allergy patch testing. And the mechanisms of Type IV hypersensitivity reactions.....

They test you on that in OSCEs?
Original post by Kinkerz

Original post by Kinkerz
They test you on that in OSCEs?

Apparently so :rolleyes:

I'm just annoyed because I spent all of yesterday looking at blood films, anaemias, leukaemias, lymphomas, and myeloproliferative and dysplastic diseases, only for none of them to come up at all. Apart from the comm skills patient who had iron deficiency anaemia :grumble:

The rest of the stations were what I was expecting :dontknow: Skin pictures, venepuncture, patient history/disease discussion, lymph node examination and the comm skills.
i am again reminded why i'm glad i don't have pre-clinical OSCEs!
Reply 7079
No rest for the wicked! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending