The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5700
Original post by Tateco
Oh really? :s-smilie: Just couldn't answer the questions or what? :frown: Just remember that it is not a final hurdle, it forms part of the overall application profile :smile:

I missed out 2 very obvious things when sketching a graph ( I only realised after) . And the questions I asked at the end of interview 2 really backfired on me. But, i'd rather not go into it. :frown:.
Reply 5701
Original post by zxh800
I missed out 2 very obvious things when sketching a graph ( I only realised after) . And the questions I asked at the end of interview 2 really backfired on me. But, i'd rather not go into it. :frown:.

Sorry to hear that, just try and stay positive, you probably think it went a lot worse than it actually did! :smile:
Original post by zxh800

Quoted directly from the cambridge website "most of our successful applicants are convincrd that their interviews were a disaster". I'm sure you have done fine also surely if you miss something on the graph they are supposed to prompt you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5703
Original post by zxh800

The question you asked at the end; was it something relating to what you had done in the interview or was it a question relating to the Cambridge course/college ?
Reply 5704
Original post by MWM
The question you asked at the end; was it something relating to what you had done in the interview or was it a question relating to the Cambridge course/college ?

Course. Basically, it ended up with him saying, if u were looking for x in the course Oxford would have been more suited for you :s-smilie:.
Reply 5705
Original post by Extricated
Quoted directly from the cambridge website "most of our successful applicants are convincrd that their interviews were a disaster". I'm sure you have done fine also surely if you miss something on the graph they are supposed to prompt you?

No prompt. Idk, maybe the interviewer was just sadistic.
Reply 5706
Original post by zxh800

I'm probably going to abstain from asking a question, then, unless it really is something I couldn't find out by myself!
zxh800...one quick question :colondollar:

did they ask you anything about your P.S?
Reply 5708
Original post by -Illmatic-
zxh800...one quick question :colondollar:

did they ask you anything about your P.S?

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to say. But, it will probably differ between colleges. Some colleges may focus on certain aspects like Maths others may focus more on the qualitiative aspects and ask about PS.
Original post by zxh800
I'm not sure if i'm allowed to say. But, it will probably differ between colleges. Some colleges may focus on certain aspects like Maths others may focus more on the qualitiative aspects and ask about PS.

Yeah probably a sadistic interviewer. Also I'd be careful disclosing too much about your interview until 2012 cycle is over..I don't think ur allowed to discuss specifics till jan...anyhow good luck bro
Reply 5710
Do ucl not want non Oxbridge ppl ums then as their email acknowleding you has now changed not asking for ums scores
Original post by smoky188
Do ucl not want non Oxbridge ppl ums then as their email acknowleding you has now changed not asking for ums scores

Just email them your UMS scores if necessary. I *think* if I remember correctly, that it is the same email address as the acknowledgement email.
Original post by Groat
I'm probably going to abstain from asking a question, then, unless it really is something I couldn't find out by myself!

First time I heard someone our age use the word abstain...
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Sounds intense, so you're a full on expatriate? :facepalm: silly me, I just assumed that because you were born in HK you knew some or something but horray! 汉语很useful :smile: that's probably more than I know, and my relatives are Chinese.

It's a bit more than that - I'm half Hong Kong Chinese and half White British, born in Hong Kong but only lived there a year, and have been living in the UK since I was six years old. I know some Cantonese but really not that much.

Original post by Brand New Eyes
Just Legen...

DARY!

:awesome: I'm catching up with season 7 of HIMYM, so far this quote hasn't come up. :eek:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
First time I heard someone our age use the word abstain...

you need to hang out with more educated people :P
Got offers from oxfrd, ucl, bristol, lse and bath!
Original post by nathgooner

Should've said Warwick instead of Bristol, 3/10.
Original post by alex_hk90

:awesome: I'm catching up with season 7 of HIMYM, so far this quote hasn't come up. :eek:

Yup, getting less and less...
Reply 5718

Obviously Oxford Brookes then.
Reply 5719

Have ucl and lse started giving out offer then ?

Latest