The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Far worse than the frustrated and expletive laced rantings of Emma West. Where are the millions of hits, and the indignant video responses?
Reply 81
Original post by johndoranglasgow
A pretty articulate and definitely appropriate reply, I disagree that she will be convicted of any crime though.
To be honest, she's just ignorant scum, no one is going change her mind given any length of time but maybe there's a bit of hope for the kid. I hope when he grows up he learns what his mother did, laughs at her narrow-mindedness and develops an attitude that is completely contradictory to his mother's way of thinking.

''Britain’s days as a colonial power ended long ago. Because Britannia so plundered and abused the countries that formed part of her ‘glorious’ empire, her subjects had no option but to come to Britain and build lives for themselves. Not only that, but Britain actively encouraged immigration to rebuild the country after a devastating war in which colonial subjects fought alongside white Britons. And not only that, but Britain has always been a racial melting pot. ALWAYS. You need only look at a history book to see that.''

Well the person clearly is unbias and educated. ^^
Original post by DdotT
Well the person clearly is unbias and educated. ^^

I'm sorry what?
Is your second quotation from the article?

Oh, if you're trying to take a shot at me, the word is "unbiased" not "unbias."
Reply 83
I'm sorry what?
Is your second quotation from the article?

Oh, if you're trying to take a shot at me, the word is "unbiased" not "unbias."

Way to meet an arguement with that.
I am not 'taking a shot' at you i merely pointing out the fact you think she has a well constructed argument when it is in fact stupid, offensive, inaccurate and just 'faceplam'.
Original post by DdotT
Way to meet an arguement with that.
I am not 'taking a shot' at you i merely pointing out the fact you think she has a well constructed argument when it is in fact stupid, offensive, inaccurate and just 'faceplam'.

I described it as "appropriate"
Try to read between the lines and not bastardise the english language in future :wink:

I stand by my articulate point though, its definitely well-put drivel.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Craig_D
I believe in freedom of expression in all instances with a single exception, which is where people are being incited to cause violence.

Hardly worth mentioning, especially as obliquely as this,

I have nothing against her having opinions nor her (legally) expressing them

... where the difference between opinions and incitments is obvious and the discussion is about one person's opinions that could not be mistaken for incitements.
Incredibly self-indulgent.
Reply 87
What an attention seekin prat.

She's a product of the enviroment unfortunetly, and no patronising letter will change that.
Reply 88
Original post by Aj12
We have laws against your actions, and laws against your views, precisely because they are unacceptable in a civilised, multicultural, multi-ethnic, multi-racial society. The law sanctions them because they cannot and will not be tolerated in Britain.

Disagree. Allow these views to be heard. We should live in a free society. Argue against them and show people why they are wrong, but do not ban their views. I want to live in a free society, and that includes hearing views I don't agree with. Show them to be ignorant and wrong.

Yeah, very true. I think everyone should be entitled to their opinion even if it's offensive. Plus I don't agree about the part where she mentions that "her current survival is to be credited entirely to immigrants" when talking about Britain.
To me this letter comes across as anti white/anti british....(and before anyone asks Im british indian)
Reply 90
Original post by FluxD
Also outside of London real Britain still exists. Britain isn't London.

What would you consider to be 'real' Britain exactly?
A pretty articulate and definitely appropriate reply, I disagree that she will be convicted of any crime though.
To be honest, she's just ignorant scum, no one is going change her mind given any length of time but maybe there's a bit of hope for the kid. I hope when he grows up he learns what his mother did, laughs at her narrow-mindedness and develops an attitude that is completely contradictory to his mother's way of thinking.

Articulate? :eyeball:
Reply 92
Pathetic, racist letter, which is probably why it was posted on here.

The person who wrote it, clearly hates this country, its native people, and its history.

Oh, and she is also completely wrong in most of what she says;

And not only that, but Britain has always been a racial melting pot. ALWAYS. You need only look at a history book to see that.

Clearly this person has not ever read a history book, because Britain has most certainly NOT always been a 'racial melting pot', it has been indigenous white and British for thousands of years, and the DNA makeup on white British people alive today, is almost identical to those of 2000 years ago.

Ridiculous letter, wrong in just about ever way, written by somebody with no clue about this countrys history, its people, its culture, and somebody who clearly is ashamed of its past.

Anybody agreeing with her, I can only assume is also as anti-white british as she comes across as.
Reply 93
Original post by penko

Definitely not row after row of kebab shops, chicken cottages, Western Union foreign money transfer, pawn brokers, African hairdressers, mosques and Islamic book shops.

Not equating Britain with merely the hightstreet, but the atmosphere that engulfs places that conform to the above definitely does not resemble that of England.

Outside of London there are many places that still have the atmosphere of traditional England (I say England because Scotland/Wales/NI are all mostly still strong in their sense of identities, aside from some ghettos in the capital cities). It is enigmatic, one of my favourite towns is Alnwick in Northumberland, definitely no mistake you are in England in a place like that.
Reply 94
Original post by FluxD
Definitely not row after row of kebab shops, chicken cottages, Western Union foreign money transfer, pawn brokers, African hairdressers, mosques and Islamic book shops.

Not equating Britain with merely the hightstreet, but the atmosphere that engulfs places that conform to the above definitely does not resemble that of England.

Outside of London there are many places that still have the atmosphere of traditional England (I say England because Scotland/Wales/NI are all mostly still strong in their sense of identities, aside from some ghettos in the capital cities). It is enigmatic, one of my favourite towns is Alnwick in Northumberland, definitely no mistake you are in England in a place like that.

Oh no mate, you realise its racist to say your favourite places in the UK are 99% white and English dont you? :eek:

The liberal left wingers on the TSR wont like that!

Multiculturism or nothing!!

Or course, the fact that such huge levels of 'white flight' exist from the most ethnic places in the country, should tell these liberals everything they need to know about what the indigenous Briton feels about 'multiculturism'.
Original post by penko

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by FluxD

I understand where you're coming from -but why do feel like Islam (and I'm assuming other religions other than christianity) can't have a place in a real Britain?

Original post by Cyanohydrin

Hah, I wish
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by penko
I understand where you're coming from -but why do feel like Islam (and I'm assuming other religions other than christianity) can't have a place in a real Britain?

Islam would be alright if it went through an Enlightenment and emasculated itself similar to how Christianity has, and rid itself of all stone age cultural practices that are incompatible within a Western nation, rid itself of the superior Muslim vs the inferior infidel perpetual war narrative, detached the interwoven political element and became apolitical, but alas I don't see any of this happening any time soon. An Enlightenment in Islam has been stifled since the end of the Islamic Golden age thanks to imams.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by FluxD
Islam would be alright if it went through an Enlightenment and emasculated itself similar to how Christianity has, and rid itself of all stone age cultural practices that are incompatible within a Western nation, rid itself of the superior Muslim vs the inferior infidel perpetual war narrative, detached the interwoven political element and became apolitical, but alas I don't see any of this happening any time soon. An Enlightenment in Islam has been stifled since the end of the Islamic Golden age thanks to imams.

Such as?
It's funny, I'm a Muslim but I didn't realise my presence in Britain was such a problem in the country I was born and raised in.
There's are plenty of Muslims who have adapted to the western culture, but it's our belief that hasn't been altered and I don't see why someone's personal belief would matter so much.
Reply 99
Original post by penko
Such as?
It's funny, I'm a Muslim but I didn't realise my presence in Britain was such a problem in the country I was born and raised in.
There's are plenty of Muslims who have adapted to the western culture, but it's our belief that hasn't been altered and I don't see why someone's personal belief would matter so much.

Are you actually Muslim though?

I have lived with Saudi, Lebanese, Turkish, UAE "muslims" and they weren't muslim, they called themselves muslim but they drank more alcohol than me and even ate bacon, and didn't pray. They are nice people, they treated their religion merely as a cultural signifier and nothing more, similar to how I am "catholic" although I am entirely lapsed.

Maybe they derived some sense of morality from it, but nothing more. Emasculated religion is perfectly workable in a modern society, and that is the route hopefully all religions will eventually take. It is inevitable for a migrant that eventually they must discard their native culture if they want to fully integrate. It is the sad price they must pay for the luxury of residence in their foster society, and maybe religion will be reduced to mere cultural signifiers due to this (unless Blakanization of the UK occurs, which seems more likely).
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending