The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

I've also got an interview for the 14th, anybody know the interview structure? :colondollar:
hey everyone :frown:

i feel like crap, just want to make a personal apology to jcb123 i am very very sorry if i have offended you in anyway, which i have in public forum, or tried to humiliate and undermine you which again i know i have, i hope you understand, and i got pretty excited which i just couldnt control :/ i have no reason for this stupid outburst, again, sorry

i hope you do really well in you interview and become a very successful doctor in the future, im so sorry once again. i hope you can forgive me :frown: x
Reply 1122
Original post by redsaturn

i feel like crap, just want to make a personal apology to jcb123 i am very very sorry if i have offended you in anyway, which i have in public forum, or tried to humiliate and undermine you which again i know i have, i hope you understand, and i got pretty excited which i just couldnt control :/ i have no reason for this stupid outburst, again, sorry

i hope you do really well in you interview and become a very successful doctor in the future, im so sorry once again. i hope you can forgive me :frown: x

It's all good we're only human. I have out-bursted on this forum too many times to count haha. Just ask GodSpeedGehenna, who absolutely despises me lol.

Don't be daft, it was an honest mistake! Thanks for defending the HONOUR of this thread! <3

Original post by a05aafzul
I've also got an interview for the 14th, anybody know the interview structure? :colondollar:

TSR rules are that you're not to speak about the interviews, but in my blog here:

http://bethaney.co.uk/blog/?p=303

http://bethaney.co.uk/blog/?p=165

Are how I prepared and a very brief overview of my interview :smile:

Original post by Skyeblu
Thanks, yes i did :biggrin: Bit nervous now though.

Original post by jcb123
Interview 14th Dec! :biggrin:

Well done guys! Go knock their socks off!
I am applying for Medicine, however, after reading this, I feel so scared now. And especially, once you read the comments, EVERYBODY agrees with it.

Once you read it and the comments of current students, you'll be so so worried and doubting your decision to do Medicine. :s-smilie:

http://www.medschoolhell.com/2007/04/24/101-things-you-wish-you-knew-before-starting-medical-school/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1126
Original post by arsi123
I am applying for Medicine, however, after reading this, I feel so scared now. And especially, once you read the comments, EVERYBODY agrees with it.

Once you read it and the comments of current students, you'll be so so worried and doubting your decision to do Medicine. :s-smilie:

http://www.medschoolhell.com/2007/04...hool/#comments

The page doesn't work but I just wanted to say, my goal is to become a doctor. My determination is what would get me through the lows of med school. No matter how low they are. So no, as assumptive as it is, I don't think it would doubt my decision to study medicine. :smile:
Reply 1127
I hope soton don't torture me like last year where I didn't hear anything until april and it was a rejection :frown: sad times
Original post by Medican
The page doesn't work but I just wanted to say, my goal is to become a doctor. My determination is what would get me through the lows of med school. No matter how low they are. So no, as assumptive as it is, I don't think it would doubt my decision to study medicine. :smile:

Sorry, I've updated the link now. Check now. :smile:

It's:

http://www.medschoolhell.com/2007/04/24/101-things-you-wish-you-knew-before-starting-medical-school/

P.S: I admire your determination. :smile:
Reply 1129
i've also got an interview for the 14th, anybody know the interview structure? :colondollar:

Hey Guys!!:biggrin:

I have also got an interview:colondollar:

OomG! Im like excited and nervous at the same time.

plus, I live really far so its going to be such a hassle getting there. And I'm like getting really bad grades in my mocks, so Ive gor pressure coming from there and now extra pressure due to the interview on the 14th......its too soon, I havnt prepared at all, and I'm like a snail, It takes me ages to prepare for something properly.:redface:

Plus, I stutter alot when Im nervous.....so the "interveiwees" will be in for a shocking 20 minutes lol:biggrin:

plus any advice would be great

thanks
Original post by taunt

plus, I live really far so its going to be such a hassle getting there. And I'm like getting really bad grades in my mocks, so Ive gor pressure coming from there and now extra pressure due to the interview on the 14th......its too soon, I havnt prepared at all, and I'm like a snail, It takes me ages to prepare for something properly.:redface:

Plus, I stutter alot when Im nervous.....so the "interveiwees" will be in for a shocking 20 minutes lol:biggrin:

thanks

Hi :smile: and well done on getting an interview!

I haven't got one so I can't tell you anything about that. But I totally understand your nervous stutter, and my advice for that is to just breathe! I know it sounds stupid, but if you count to ten and let yourself calm down, you can control your speech better when you can control your shakes and nerves.
If you can, get teachers you're comfortable with to interview you in a "formal setting" - it'll get you used to the atmosphere and help out.

Hope that (sort of) helps. :smile:
Reply 1131
Original post by arsi123
Sorry, I've updated the link now. Check now. :smile:

It's:

P.S: I admire your determination. :smile:

Haha. It's actually a lot funnier than it is worrying. :lol:

Thanks. This is my second shot applying for medicine. I want this so much more than I did last year. :smile:
Reply 1132

Would +1 if I could. :console:

Everyone gets a bit angsty at times. :smile:
Original post by taunt

Original post by taunt

Plus, I stutter alot when Im nervous.....so the &quot;interveiwees&quot; will be in for a shocking 20 minutes lol:biggrin:

thanks

Hey well done, did u get a phone call from SOTON
Reply 1134
Original post by Ally312
Hi :smile: and well done on getting an interview!

I haven't got one so I can't tell you anything about that. But I totally understand your nervous stutter, and my advice for that is to just breathe! I know it sounds stupid, but if you count to ten and let yourself calm down, you can control your speech better when you can control your shakes and nerves.
If you can, get teachers you're comfortable with to interview you in a &quot;formal setting&quot; - it'll get you used to the atmosphere and help out.

Hope that (sort of) helps. :smile:

Original post by Qasid Ahmed
Hey well done, did u get a phone call from SOTON

hey thanks Ally, yh, your right i should probably make an appointment for the formal interveiw at school, Im just like so scared, its like hit me lol, and all i can think is I have ONLY 8 days AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

And Qasid mate, no I didnt get a phone call, I got an email. Eh? was I meant to get a phone call?
Reply 1135
does anyone know if they are they still notifying people about interviews on dec 14th or have they already told everyone ? I really want an interview lol
Reply 1136
Original post by ishy555

Original post by ishy555
does anyone know if they are they still notifying people about interviews on dec 14th or have they already told everyone ? I really want an interview lol

Interviews go on until March! So we don't have to worry yet.... :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1137
Original post by tobnot
Interviews go on until the end of March! So we don't have to worry yet.... :smile:

Oh ok thanks i was getting really worried and good luck to all those who already have interviews you lucky people :smile:
Original post by IamBeowulf
How exactly is your app scored e.g. 15 points for your ps, 5 for your reference and 20 for the interview?

15 points from each marker for both the ps and reference (so I'd assume 7.5 marks each if the weighting is equal)

preinterview score- out of 30

interview....each interviewer gives you a mark out of 15....

interview score....out of 30

total application score= out of 60
Original post by Tzarchasm
"90. The best time of your entire medical school career is between the times when you first get your acceptance letter and when you start school."

:lol:

90% of medics I have met suggested that I should not go into medicine, but rather dentistry/pharmacy/any other career (not on the basis that I won't cope but because they think they've made a mistake). And yet I'm here, having reapplied. Knowing that medical school will the epitome of 'work hard, and work harder'; I'll be treated like crap for the first couple of years of hospital and the pay for what I will apparently do is... minimal. It's very difficult to pinpoint an exact reason as to why I want to become a doctor. I suppose it's the very fact that it has all those different emotions, characteristics and attributes combined that you won't find in any other career. It's idea that one day, all that effort spent running around after residents and studying in medical school will pay off when you see a patient smile or heal. It's the concept that you're part of something so fundamental to humanity; you ensure that the world turns. Without our health, we wouldn't have the capacity to go to work, enjoy our time with friends, study and experience the world. Admittedly, 'helping people' wasn't what mainly interested in me in medicine but rather the experience as a whole, the good and the bad. And I know very well that when most medical students tell me to not enter the profession because of their regrets; the underlying truth is that they would have it no other way.

Wow. I have no idea why I splurged that out. Man, I'm lonely.

I wish every applicant here the best and please focus on your exams!

dude....take that off now....

someone could easily use that in an interview and it's a pretty good answer tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending