The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Extricated
Big up to ma don rahul.s who is at his trinity interview right now! Zoop zoop!

haters giving negs :colone: cool. RIP :colone:

looooooooooooooooooooool :wink:
Reply 3741
anyone had their interview at downing? test - stupid. first interview - nice. second itnerview - stupid. I honeslt y dont know. it was quite enjoyable at points, but other bits just made me nearly cry. the waiting room for the period between the test (9.00) and my first interview (4.00) was a fun place.... Purgatory describes it quite well.
Reply 3742
Original post by Rahul.S

Respect.

Good luck man, just make sure you don't forget your bars like sox :wink:.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Can any of you keen Maths people recommend some good Maths books for me to read?
Im getting Fermat's last theoreom. I dont want it too complex however. Thank you

This one is pretty complex, well I found it quiet demanding. 'The Divine Proportion: A study in mathematical beauty' by H.E. Huntley. The intro is pretty deep. I think it's a very good book for someone who is thinking of reading Maths and/with Philosophy. I found it pretty good but it's hard to take in more than like 5 pages at a time.
Original post by f1mad
Respect.

Good luck man, just make sure you don't forget your bars like sox :wink:.

had the interview yday.....cambridge dont care whether if your moving food on road or sitting at home revising full on.....they just want an insight in the way you think :cool: thats how it should be....

I did drop a sox bar :"I dont see no real in you (u)" :colone:

wbu?
Anyone yet to have an interview? What's everyone doing to prepare? All I've done to prepare is run through a few STEP papers but I haven't had a mock interview or anything :/
Original post by Small123

Original post by Small123
Anyone yet to have an interview? What's everyone doing to prepare? All I've done to prepare is run through a few STEP papers but I haven't had a mock interview or anything :/

I think I'm the only Maths applicant at my school to not have had their interview yet so I'm getting ever more nervous. I had a short mock interview and I've looked at some questions. But yes, oh so anxious.
Original post by Rahul.S
had the interview yday.....cambridge dont care whether if your moving food on road or sitting at home revising full on.....they just want an insight in the way you think :cool: thats how it should be....

wbu?

Did you find the questions hard? My interview is on Thursday...
Original post by maths134
Did you find the questions hard? My interview is on Thursday...

yh...they had to be hard.....my advice is that listen carefully to their prompts and advance in the question :biggrin: and speak about the problem :eek: dw if you dont get a solution....just make sure w.e. your doing....its clear to you and the interviewers. most importantly....HAVE FUN! :smile:
Original post by Edwin Okli
I think I'm the only Maths applicant at my school to not have had their interview yet so I'm getting ever more nervous. I had a short mock interview and I've looked at some questions. But yes, oh so anxious.

Likewise, I haven't had a mock interview nor am I going to have one haha! I'm ridiculously anxious! I guess you're staying at Emmanuel the night before? And Friday is creeping up far too soon, I feel far too underprepared :frown:
Reply 3750
Original post by Rahul.S

wbu?

HI!
Was your interview in the morning?
Original post by ykyy
HI!
Was your interview in the morning?

hi! nh at 6pm.....like it during nocturnal hours:tongue:
Original post by Rahul.S

How was the Trinity cambs interview?

beasted it?
Original post by tehforum
How was the Trinity cambs interview?

beasted it?

found it good :biggrin: cambridge is more ghetto than most people on TSR think :colone: I quote from them when I say the "interview went very well" :biggrin: tbh w.e. the outcome I'm happy the experiance :smile:

wbu g? heard you moved from moving bags on road to suitcases :laugh:
Original post by Rahul.S
found it good :biggrin: cambridge is more ghetto than most people on TSR think :colone: I quote from them when I say the "interview went very well" :biggrin: tbh w.e. the outcome I'm happy the experiance :smile:

wbu g? heard you moved from moving bags on road to suitcases :laugh:

Well done, now that pesky STEP II/III hahaha
Yeah, nothing yet, will probably hear back from January 15th onwards tbh.

And yes I'm moving up in the world g, whilst you're piledriving the concrete getting no where

JHEEEZE
Well done, now that pesky STEP II/III hahaha
Yeah, nothing yet, will probably hear back from January 15th onwards tbh.

And yes I'm moving up in the world g, whilst you're piledriving the concrete getting no where

JHEEEZE

sik......replace the concrete with your girl :sexface: I remember during the summer holidays how you and your boiz on TSR were over using this >>> :sexface:.

i will start step in jan....no point starting it without an offer :colone:
Original post by Rahul.S
sik......replace the concrete with your girl :sexface: I remember during the summer holidays how you and your boiz on TSR were over using this >>> :sexface:.

i will start step in jan....no point starting it without an offer :colone:

:sexface: - it's the results day official emoticon.

:colone:

You've also got a Warwick offer which includes STEP, start now. :colone:
:sexface: - it's the results day official emoticon.

:colone:

You've also got a Warwick offer which includes STEP, start now. :colone:

ive started step I....so yh I will finish off step I stuff this month then :biggrin:

I need to see you in person kmt :colone: come UCL 2moz? got some open day thing to go to :wink:
Original post by Rahul.S
ive started step I....so yh I will finish off step I stuff this month then :biggrin:

I need to see you in person kmt :colone: come UCL 2moz? got some open day thing to go to :wink:

I wish.

They need to give me an offer first, kmt
I wish.

They need to give me an offer first, kmt

kmt just come.....got some other cat in the hood from TSR whom Im linking for some nash :biggrin: and yh other stuff :colone:

I can go in...look at the register and text you who to say you are to get in :wink: works all the time in raves :biggrin:

Latest