The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cwd12
How on earth do you 'maintain' and outdoor basketball. The only way I can think of is not use it... or maybe play carefully? Which are both a bit pointless. Also buying a spalding ball doesn't mean your playing with an nba regulation ball. Spalding make a lot of different basketballs.

I was talking about the level of the air in the ball.
Original post by S-man10
where are bigfundamental and louisvutondon ffs :angry:

Anyone who can quiet the regular users from the previous will get a rep from me

Back!

Lakers rumoured to be making a serious attempt to grab Howard AND Paul. Scary prospect...
Reply 22
Original post by BigFudamental
Back!

Lakers rumoured to be making a serious attempt to grab Howard AND Paul. Scary prospect...

ffs :eek:

But I don't see both working with Kobe though, I heard about Howard but can't see the same in Paul :holmes:
Celtics were rumoured to be interested in a trade involving Paul and Rondo - I don't think it'll happen, though, besides which I like Rondo, so hopefully not!
Reply 24
Celtics need Rondo to keep their defensive identity, they should have rebuilt around him and Perk but pussied out of paying Perk worrying about his injury potential so now Rondo is the only piece they really have moving forward, would be quality if Chris Paul goes to Knicks but would have to be through free agency unless a 3rd party gets involved in a trade or something because Knicks have nothing to trade really except all the money on Billups deal
Knicks with Paul, Anthony and Amare would still not get past the 2nd round in the playoffs.
Reply 26
Knicks with Paul, Anthony and Amare would still not get past the 2nd round in the playoffs.

i suppose so, but how so? :holmes:
Reply 27
Dunno about that, Melo and Amare are probably not truly elite (top 10) and just two great volume scorers so it might not be as good as other big 3s but adding an elite player like Paul has gotta be the best way to have a shot at a ring
Reply 28
Has an official start date for the season been set yet?
Reply 29
Original post by Bennep
Has an official start date for the season been set yet?

25th December, there is 5 or 6 games, full schedule is out tonight the show starts at midight in America think its an hour long
Original post by S-man10
i suppose so, but how so? :holmes:

Getting out of the 2nd round would mean beating either the Bulls or the Heat (assuming those will be the top 2 teams again). Neither of those are going to happen.
Original post by alexsong
Dunno about that, Melo and Amare are probably not truly elite (top 10) and just two great volume scorers so it might not be as good as other big 3s but adding an elite player like Paul has gotta be the best way to have a shot at a ring

Don't think the Knicks will have a shot at the title for the foreseeable future. They've loaded up on scoring talent but gave all their quality role players to Denver. Not that they'll care, they'll be selling plenty of tickets.
Reply 32
Original post by alexsong
25th December, there is 5 or 6 games, full schedule is out tonight the show starts at midight in America think its an hour long

Cheers much appreciated
Reply 33
Getting out of the 2nd round would mean beating either the Bulls or the Heat (assuming those will be the top 2 teams again). Neither of those are going to happen.

That's a fairly reasonable assumption. Hadn't thought of that:colondollar:
Reply 34
Don't think the Knicks will have a shot at the title for the foreseeable future. They've loaded up on scoring talent but gave all their quality role players to Denver. Not that they'll care, they'll be selling plenty of tickets.

I rofl'ed :rofl2:
CP3 seems to be heading to the Lakers.
If D12 goes there aswell then boy....
EDIT: Maybe not
(edited 12 years ago)
Sounds like the deal was done to send CP to Lakers for Gasol and Odom but that the league intervened because the owners protested. What is the league coming to....
As a Celtics fan, I am not thrilled about this upcoming season. I am also not thrilled about the Rondo trade rumors. I do not understand why Danny Ainge would trade Rondo. It just does not make sense to me. The Celtics are all about chemistry, and we saw this when Ainge traded Perkins last year and the Celtics turned into a completely different team and were clearly affected by the trade. I feel like Ainge realized this mistake when he tried to reverse the trade after the NBA Finals. By trading Rondo, you are killing your team chemistry, and you only have 66 games, plus a shortened training camp, to build up the chemistry with Paul. I figured Ainge would have realized this after the Perkins trade. In addition, if the Celtics are able to land Paul and he leaves after one year, they will have a lot of cap space to pursue free agents in the summer of 2012. When was the last time that a marquee free agent in their prime signed with Boston, or a player publicly demanded a trade to Boston? I just don't see trading Rondo for Paul as a good move for the present or the future for the Celtics.

Boston is known for its history and tradition; not being an attractive place to play.
Yea the Perkins trade was one of the big wtf moments of last season for me. I thought the Celtics had a legitimate shot to make it out of the east but then Ainge went ahead and blew it, not because Perkins is so incredibly talented but because the team were just in shock for the rest of the season.

Also I love Boston (the town), although I was a bit disappointed they didn't sell Celtics bedsheets at TD Banknorth Garden.
Reply 39
bedsheets :mmm:

Not forgetting to mention Wade's dunk on Perkins when he left :rofl2:

Latest