The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Someone heard some news for Economic programs?
Reply 201
I'll be applying after Xmas for the MSc in International Public Policy and Global Governance and Ethics. Hopefully it will go well! I've a BA History from Oxford & been working at an NGO but would like to shift towards politics/political science =) The IPP I know sounds better but I really like the GGE programme. I'm a European student so I'm wondering if I'll be called for interviews.
Arrrrrgggg.

Application system is back up, but now the payments are down until Tuesday. Sort it out UCL, this is silly.
Hi All,

I have applied for an MRes in Biosciences (Structural Biology & Molecular Biophysics Stream) two weeks ago. I have just received an email from the Programme Tutor saying that my application has been forwarded to the Tutor for Structural Biology. They will discuss my application and then get back to me...

I'm hoping for a positive reply. Fingers crossed.
Grr.
Trying to make my payment, but the connection keeps timing out.

On the plus side, I got an email yesterday saying that my first reference had been uploaded :smile: Now I'm obsessively checking my emails to see whether my second referee has got sorted yet. I got an offer from somewhere else, so I'm assuming he's actually written it...
Reply 205
Just got an email asking me to complete an online interview within 2 weeks...
Reply 206
Original post by vinc10

Nice! Good luck :tongue:

I still haven't heard anything..:frown: this can't be good...

Edit- I noticed, your application became fully submitted 7 days ago? The IK dude was also called into interview 6/7 days after applying..:s-smilie: i haven't heard a peep and mine was submitted 22 days ago..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 207
Original post by vinc10

lol that is really quick! Congratulations! It is already two weeks since I submitted the application.
Reply 208
Anyone applying for or accepted to the Human Rights course?
How long did it take from paying to getting portico access for you guys?
Reply 210
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];35227776']How long did it take from paying to getting portico access for you guys?

1 day :smile:
Original post by MiaMoo
1 day :smile:

Thank you :smile: I got the email this morning.

Now there's the question of how long to wait before bugging my other referee :tongue: I'm just slightly worried - there's a week til the end of term, and I don't know whether I can expect him to upload anything over Christmas, but the deadline for my course is mid January, and next term doesn't start til the 16th Jan :s-smilie:
Reply 212
Hi guys!! I m applying for Msc Neuroscience Language and Communication and Language Sciences at UCL!!!
Is there anyone else applying for those?????
I'm applying for MSc Civil Engineering. Unfortunately I have to fill in this stupid worksheet. In all fairness though it isn't too difficult and I've got my own material to answer about three quarters of it. The rest I'll leave to my lecturers. :P

Guys how competitive are masters programmes?
Reply 214
Original post by Akkuz
Nice! Good luck :tongue:

I still haven't heard anything..:frown: this can't be good...

Edit- I noticed, your application became fully submitted 7 days ago? The IK dude was also called into interview 6/7 days after applying..:s-smilie: i haven't heard a peep and mine was submitted 22 days ago..

Yes you are right it's fully submitted on 29th Nov although I applied on 17th Oct.

I hope you listen from them soon:smile:
Reply 215
Original post by vinc10
Yes you are right it's fully submitted on 29th Nov although I applied on 17th Oct.

I hope you listen from them soon:smile:

You guys heard from them so fast..:s-smilie:

Been waiting over 3 weeks now. I have a feel I may be in some sort of "maybe" pile, as my application has a lot of strengths but also one or two weaker points. Surely if they were going to reject me, they would have done it by now, if you guys heard within 6/7 days..:doh:
My second referee has said he'll be writing my reference over the weekend, so hopefully I should have a fully completed application by some time next week *crosses fingers*
Reply 217
My application has fiiiiinally been fully submitted. I hope it won't really take 6 weeks for them to make a decision :s-smilie:
Original post by Akkuz
You guys heard from them so fast..:s-smilie:

Been waiting over 3 weeks now. I have a feel I may be in some sort of "maybe" pile, as my application has a lot of strengths but also one or two weaker points. Surely if they were going to reject me, they would have done it by now, if you guys heard within 6/7 days..:doh:

It does not mean anything. He got interview after 6/7 days, not offer, maybe they schedule interviews sooner, but if they do not need to give you an intverview it could take longer. In fact, from the moment they decide to ACCEPT you it could take a week or two until they formally submit you an offer, since they do some check ups. And in any case it depends on a course, some of them could be much quicker than others.

I applied formally on Nov. 21 and have not heard from them either.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 219
Original post by janjanmmm
It does not mean anything. He got interview after 6/7 days, not offer, maybe they schedule interviews sooner, but if they do not need to give you an intverview it could take longer. In fact, from the moment they decide to ACCEPT you it could take a week or two until they formally submit you an offer, since they do some check ups. And in any case it depends on a course, some of them could be much quicker than others.

I applied formally on Nov. 21 and have not heard from them either.

All we can do is speculate :tongue: The wait is killing me! When I applied for undergrad I got 5 offers with 0 interviews, I hope the same pattern continues :biggrin:(but I know UCL interview all potential applicants for my course)

:moon:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending