The Student Room Group

Who had a growth spurt after they turned 18? (Men)

Hello there,

I'm an 18 year old male and I'm very short for my age, only 5'2". Did anyone out there have a growth spurt after they turned 18? Does anyone have friends or relatives who had growth spurts when they were 18+?

Also, for those of you who grew post-18 but wouldn't describe it as a 'growth spurt' how much did you increase?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No replies? If anyone has comments about height it would be great to hear your opinions.
I'm 18 and 6'2" and I swear every few weeks when I see my uni friends, I'm a little more taller than them each time. It's not too late...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm not yet 18 but when I thought I stopped growing at 16 I had a growth spurt and am now 6'1". My brother also had a growth spurt whilst at uni and is now 6' after being about 5' 10". Hope it all works out for you :smile:
Reply 4
I'm 5ft7 and have been since year 10 (year 13 now) Just don't think I'm gonna grow :/
Reply 5
Well, if you drink some hormones?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hello there,

I'm an 18 year old male and I'm very short for my age, only 5'2". Did anyone out there have a growth spurt after they turned 18? Does anyone have friends or relatives who had growth spurts when they were 18+?

Also, for those of you who grew post-18 but wouldn't describe it as a 'growth spurt' how much did you increase?

had main growth spurt at 15 and then grew very slowly until 21, only couple more inches
Reply 7
I'm sorry to say you're probably ****ed by now mate
Reply 8
i'm 17 and only about 5'1 - 5'2 as well
Reply 9
I am 6ft1 aged 19, been this tall since about 16ish I guess

Hello there,

i did, grew about 6 inches between 18 and 19
Reply 11
a couple of my mates had a growth spurt of about 6 inches after they turned 20, they're about 6'1 now. Im approaching 21 and i havent had it :frown: i guess to some extent it depends if you have it in the family genes.
Only just read this now and it’s 7 years down the line, just out of interest, did you grow at all?
Original post by Tottenham18
Only just read this now and it’s 7 years down the line, just out of interest, did you grow at all?

Ha! No. But I learned to live with being a shortarse.
Reply 14
173cm here and 18 years old but my face still like a kid's face not an adult's. Do i have chance to reach 185cm ?
Reply 15
Maybe I'm 5'9 and 18 when I was 17 i was 5
Reply 16
That’s so amazing! Self love!!!💘
I turned 18 in March, I’m 6’1 and about 246 lbs
my great grandfather was about 7’0
how tall do you guys think I will be?
I'm had my last growth spurt at 17 I was 5'4 when I turned 17 and when I was nearly 18 I was 5'10
No replies? If anyone has comments about height it would be great to hear your opinions.

Original post by Tall Man Green
I'm 18 and 6'2" and I swear every few weeks when I see my uni friends, I'm a little more taller than them each time. It's not too late...
Hello there,

In the same boat. Been thinking of getting some growth hormone even though I should've done that 5 years ago or something. ARGH

Never used to care about my height till like a month ago for some reason. Very confusing times

Latest