The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^ FFS... (at the neg rep I mean)
Reply 7141
Must be the troll again. Literally no neg power.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Ours normally aren't that bad, and are generally fairly clinical, seeing as we don't have the divide.....

don't think i came across right, i wasn't trying to imply anything just that i think i'd do woefully at them, although explaining hypersensitivity mechanisms i'd go on for hours.... to my detriment of course!

Original post by Fission_Mailed
I'm not sure the amount of Minecraft I play could be counted as an addiction. Yet. But even that has suffered.

Minecraft! amazing!
Original post by John Locke

Original post by John Locke
don't think i came across right, i wasn't trying to imply anything just that i think i'd do woefully at them, although explaining hypersensitivity mechanisms i'd go on for hours.... to my detriment of course!

Oh okay :colondollar: I should have borrowed your brain for that 5 minutes :wink:
OSCE ovahhhhhhhh - find out results tomorrow - efficiency eh :O
Original post by Philosoraptor

I wish I got mine back that quickly :grumble: I'm still waiting for my anatomy results, which I completed 2 weeks ago and they were marked at the time of my presentations!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mrs_bellamy
I am trying to decide whether to apply for haem or immunology, I like the idea of 2 days a week off :colone: But I like the look of the previous project titles in immunology too. Meh, I probably won't get in anyway, so there is probs not much point over thinking it.

Do Engineering and get 3 days a week off :colone:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I saw a Japanese girl walking around campus with a surgeon's mask on today :unsure:

Maybe she has a respiratory infection and thinks it will prevent her spreading it to other people? Idk. It's what some people used to do in Hong Kong after SARS.
My sleep patterns are so messed up.

Can't sleep until c. 5am and can't wake up until 2, 3, even 4pm :frown: FML.

This has been going on for weeks. I thought I could solve it by staying awake the whole day instead of trying to sleep in the wee hours, but I just ended up sleeping even more afterwards.

My friends are just like "sleep less" and I can't make myself. :frown:

I missed a compulsory class today (where I was meant to sign in) because I was just dead asleep
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by No Future
My sleep patterns are so messed up.

Can't sleep until c. 5am and can't wake up until 2, 3, even 4pm :frown: FML.

This has been going on for weeks. I thought I could solve it by staying awake the whole day instead of trying to sleep in the wee hours, but I just ended up sleeping even more afterwards.

My friends are just like "sleep less" and I can't make myself. :frown:

I missed a compulsory class today (where I was meant to sign in) because I was just dead asleep

that sucks, I'm a bit like that - or have been for the past week or so, and if I continued to let my patterns slide I could easily end up in the same situation as yourself! It's not about sleeping less it's about setting up a bedtime routine and sticking to it. force yourself to wake up an hour earlier and go to bed an hour earlier until it gets back again. And even if you're not going to actually sleep, do all the things you'd usually do and lie in bed, in the dark.

that's my two pence anyway :smile:
Aw ****. I was doing leg raised press ups - tried to beat my max reps, got a shooting pain in my right tricep, buckled and smashed my face on the floor. Kept going with a nosebleed, beat my max and then some. BLOOD EVERYWHERE.
(edited 12 years ago)
Aww bless them then - yeah the face mask does help stop spread respiratory tract infections - stopping the droplet spread - it's been shown in e.g. swine flu to work, it just sadly doesn't stop a non infected person getting it haha
1 more exam tomorrow. swear the school is out there to fail us. talk about traumatizing.

Good luck for tomorrow :smile: that's pretty quick!

Original post by Lantana

Sounds horrible if you don't like your group!

I think its a good exercise to develop good teamwork skills as you cannot choose your colleagues when you do graduate, but its right pain when people don't pull their weight - luckily I had a lovely group and we all helped each other out as each person was good at different things.

But... someone in another group asked to be changed from her group a number of times (she was a bit arrogant I hear but I don't know the full story - said she didn't feel her group were pulling their weight :s-smilie:). So unfortunately there are issues... but the medical school only lets you change in extuenuating circumstances and either way it still looks bad on you as a student.

Woke up an hour ago :frown: why do I do this to myself :/ got to be in early tomorrow as well....
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Do Engineering and get 3 days a week off :colone:

Or the whole of term 2 off :wink:

excluding labs :sigh:
Anatomy of the mouth is probably the most boring thing I've ever had to study. Along with histology. I think histology of the mouth would make me top myself.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Anatomy of the mouth is probably the most boring thing I've ever had to study. Along with histology. I think histology of the mouth would make me top myself.

Technically cytology rather than histology, but you must have heard the apocryphal cheek swab story...?
Original post by Helenia
Technically cytology rather than histology, but you must have heard the apocryphal cheek swab story...?

Nope. Do tell.
Reply 7158

I think I actually enjoy histology. Maybe. Doing the GI tract and all the histology there is quite interesting, but saying that histology of the cervix and vagina was pretty dull... you win some you lose some.
Nope. Do tell.

This is a story which always happened to a friend of a friend/someone in the other histology group (our histo labs weren't big enough for everyone so practicals are split over several sessions on different days). Sometimes it was a Natsci rather than a medic, as a lot of our early practicals are the same.

So, one of the first practicals we used to do was putting a cheek swab on a microscope slide, staining it up and having a look, just to get used to the microscope and basic cell structure etc. The story goes that one girl saw some unusual looking cells on her slide, so she called over another student to look at them. They didn't know what it was either, so in the end there are quite a few students looking at this girl's odd slide, and the demonstrator comes over to see if they can help out. They have a quick look down the microscope and simply say "Ah yes. Sperm cells."

Cue much embarrassment for poor girl concerned, and lots of hilarity and "liquid lunch" jokes for everyone else.

Latest

Trending

Trending