The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dreiviergrenadier
Sure, I'd agree with that. My point is just that it's a very important practical issue that Christians really need to reflect upon, and act accordingly.

:yep:

Original post by EEngWillow
So, relationships. One of the guys at church had a room opening up in his houseshare, which I happily took up. Another of my new housemates was a rather pretty, intelligent and non-Christian girl, who I got along with admirably. We grew close (insert wistful sigh), and shared our feelings.

Then she got transferred by work to the other side of the country, and due to bad prior experience of an LDR, she decided it would be better not to continue things.

I can only assume this was God's way of telling me not to date non-Christians.
She does, however, remain in my prayers daily.

And already morning again :frown: Managed to get an hour and a half worth of work done before I felt compelled to open an internet browser though!

Why is it always the ones who have all the qualities you like who turn out to be non-Christian? :console:

Also all the guys at church I just can't imagine dating, it would be weird, they're just not dating material even though they are all absolutely lovely and some are very hot, the thought of kissing them is just wrong!

Wow that is impressive. My alarm went off at 10:20, snoozed it till 10:45 and by 10:50 I was on the internet...
Original post by dreiviergrenadier
Then why not suggest that you stop buying meat? I mean, given the cruelty involved, and given how easy it can be not to eat such foods, should christians not do it? Plus, it's often much cheaper not to eat meat anyway.

I do take your point but I like meat too much to give it up :biggrin: Plus you'd be surprised at how cheap my dad can by non-animal friendly meat for :yes:

Prayer said for GEG's friend :yes:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Why is it always the ones who have all the qualities you like who turn out to be non-Christian? :console:

Also all the guys at church I just can't imagine dating, it would be weird, they're just not dating material even though they are all absolutely lovely and some are very hot, the thought of kissing them is just wrong!

Wow that is impressive. My alarm went off at 10:20, snoozed it till 10:45 and by 10:50 I was on the internet...

Because suffering produces perseverence; perseverence, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. :smile: (Romans 5) (The emoticon, sadly, isn't in the original scripture)

Sounds like you need to meet some men from another church! :tongue:

My work rate has gone massively down hill since that post. Been watching stuff on youtube on my phone. Although I am working on my report as well! (I've reworked the company history to try and avoid the plagurism check, now it's 400 words shorter. :frown: )

The_Lonely_Goatherd

Good morning to you both!
(edited 12 years ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu6--WBPBHo :hi:
Because suffering produces perseverence; perseverence, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. :smile: (Romans 5) (The emoticon, sadly, isn't in the original scripture)

Sounds like you need to meet some men from another church! :tongue:

My work rate has gone massively down hill since that post. Been watching stuff on youtube on my phone. Although I am working on my report as well! (I've reworked the company history to try and avoid the plagurism check, now it's 400 words shorter. :frown: )

If only the Bible had emoticons :awesome:

Ha ha I think it's just cos when I go to church with people every week, and then normally see them once during the week they are just totally friend zoned...but then again, the best relationships come out of friendship first so we'll see, who knows the person God wants me to be with...

Still...400 words shorter doesn't mean you haven't just gained a lot of words anyway :yep:

Right time to do some work...:cry2:
Btw... Who should I ask to add me to the PM about Timothy stuff? I have nothing to do in the vac, so I may as well join in (if a bit late). Plus I like Timothy :smile:
Original post by meatball893
Btw... Who should I ask to add me to the PM about Timothy stuff? I have nothing to do in the vac, so I may as well join in (if a bit late). Plus I like Timothy :smile:

I'll PM you all the 5 sets of questions we've done so far, only got 2 more sets to go and will email you the next one when I get it out to people later on!
I'll PM you all the 5 sets of questions we've done so far, only got 2 more sets to go and will email you the next one when I get it out to people later on!

If only the Bible had emoticons :awesome:

Ha ha I think it's just cos when I go to church with people every week, and then normally see them once during the week they are just totally friend zoned...but then again, the best relationships come out of friendship first so we'll see, who knows the person God wants me to be with...

Still...400 words shorter doesn't mean you haven't just gained a lot of words anyway :yep:

Right time to do some work...:cry2:

I know right? Best bible version. I totally want to stop working for the day and start writing one. xD EDIT: Although you are the English student... :wink:

I know what you mean, I'm the same with the girls in my church! They're like sisters to me, I can't imagine myself with any of them!

:yep: I may have lost 400 words, but the words that are left are strengthened for surviving the culling!

It's a necessary evil... :console:

No problem :smile: you should have that now :smile:

I know right? Best bible version. I totally want to stop working for the day and start writing one. xD EDIT: Although you are the English student... :wink:

I know what you mean, I'm the same with the girls in my church! They're like sisters to me, I can't imagine myself with any of them!

:yep: I may have lost 400 words, but the words that are left are strengthened for surviving the culling!

It's a necessary evil... :console:

Being an English language student doesn't really make me a skilled writer :sadnod:

Woo strong words.

OKAY SHALL GO DO WORK...SHALL FIND POWER TO LEAVE INTERNET...
oh who I am kidding, I have no self restraint when it comes to internet, gonna have to use the app which blocks the internet. See yous in 45 minutes...

Being an English language student doesn't really make me a skilled writer :sadnod:

Woo strong words.

oh who I am kidding, I have no self restraint when it comes to internet, gonna have to use the app which blocks the internet. See yous in 45 minutes...

I had it when I said thanks. But thanks again anyway :smile:

Haha I have a friend who studies maths and compsci at the same college as me in Oxford, and he can no longer find a way to block the internet for himself becuase he knows about six ways to get round it :tongue:

Woo strong words.

True. :P

I think work needs to block TSR if they ever expect me to do any work.
I really hope they never expect me to do any work...
I had it when I said thanks. But thanks again anyway :smile:

Haha I have a friend who studies maths and compsci at the same college as me in Oxford, and he can no longer find a way to block the internet for himself becuase he knows about six ways to get round it :tongue:

There is no way around StayFocused's nuclear option...and if there is, I'm not gonna look for it...only reason I've done some revision!

True. :P

I think work needs to block TSR if they ever expect me to do any work.
I really hope they never expect me to do any work...

:rofl:
School blocked fb and tsr...we fumeeeeed and kept on finding new sites to get addicted to which they would then have to block...
There is no way around StayFocused's nuclear option...and if there is, I'm not gonna look for it...only reason I've done some revision!

:rofl:
School blocked fb and tsr...we fumeeeeed and kept on finding new sites to get addicted to which they would then have to block...

Oh, our school blocked fb, don't think TSR was blocked though. :smile:

I've stalled on 1111 words. Decided I should probably write the introduction and...yeah. Not happening. >.> You have a productive session?

I'm slightly concerned at how often I choose to refresh TSR within minutes of you posting as well, since I'm not actually on TSR most of the time...
(Yeah, you wouldn't believe that either would you!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh, our school blocked fb, don't think TSR was blocked though. :smile:

I've stalled on 1111 words. Decided I should probably write the introduction and...yeah. Not happening. >.> You have a productive session?

I'm slightly concerned at how often I choose to refresh TSR within minutes of you posting as well, since I'm not actually on TSR most of the time...
(Yeah, you wouldn't believe that either would you!)

Our school only blocked websites when after a few months they realised that no-one was paying attention in classes...

Yeah productive although I've realised that even though I've got loadsa quotes, I'm never gonna be able to remember them all and form 2 decent sounding essays from them...which could be an issue.

Ha ha I do that loads and then I feel like everyone must think I'm constantly on TSR which is only partly true.
Our school only blocked websites when after a few months they realised that no-one was paying attention in classes...

Yeah productive although I've realised that even though I've got loadsa quotes, I'm never gonna be able to remember them all and form 2 decent sounding essays from them...which could be an issue.

Ha ha I do that loads and then I feel like everyone must think I'm constantly on TSR which is only partly true.

Ha. Our school realised it was futile, if we were in front of a computer we wouldn't be paying attention.
Then they got that damn software which lets you take control of other workstations. Which is totally cheating!

Hmm. I was never great at remembering quotes, which is why I was glad we were allowed a copy of the text in A-Level Lang&Lit!

Partly? :P
Ha. Our school realised it was futile, if we were in front of a computer we wouldn't be paying attention.
Then they got that damn software which lets you take control of other workstations. Which is totally cheating!

Hmm. I was never great at remembering quotes, which is why I was glad we were allowed a copy of the text in A-Level Lang&Lit!

Partly? :P

Our school loaned us laptops during 6th form...they somehow thought we'd do more work :facepalm2:

I'm very good at learning quotes when I don't have just a week to revise.

Well as a mod I have to be an active presence on the site (shhh it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...)
Our school loaned us laptops during 6th form...they somehow thought we'd do more work :facepalm2:

I'm very good at learning quotes when I don't have just a week to revise.

Well as a mod I have to be an active presence on the site (shhh it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...)

Fools. I used to take my laptop to all my lectures - for note-taking.
Electronics isn't condusive to note-taking on a laptop. Laptops are very good at web-browsing though.

Mmhm. And who's fault is that? :wink:

I see. My excuse is that I'm a student, and this is my room. Where else would I be!

Latest

Trending

Trending