The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tomatochuckers
I would have thought the later it was, the better!

Of course, you have more time to prepare. On the other hand, some people may want to get them over with and out the way :smile:
Original post by jamiepango
Of course, you have more time to prepare. On the other hand, some people may want to get them over with and out the way :smile:

Yeah tbf I wouldn't want them to near to Christmas, and there are the Jan exams as well. Don't know if I like interviews or not, they are a chance to shine, but the effort involved with preparing for them :frown: (though for econ there's only one and I haven't been preparing)
Original post by sophiemassey
thank you! :biggrin: sooo excited.
where are you applying?

I'll PM you :wink:
I've gotta get a train at 6am on thursday to get to cambridge in time to get to my first interview, at 9. fml.
Original post by Acerbic
I've gotta get a train at 6am on thursday to get to cambridge in time to get to my first interview, at 9. fml.

In all seriousness though, good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MWM
Does anyone else think that the maths in these econ interviews is way beyond A level ?
I mean looking back at my interview I wonder how many people could have came up with an logarithmic equation by just looking at a graph of prices. And I consider myself a strong mathematician.

That sounds more like the economic application of maths than maths itself - economists like to log stuff, a lot.

Good luck to those who haven't had their interviews yet, and to everyone on waiting for a reply! :smile:
Reply 5806
Original post by Tateco
Just an interview so far, still waiting on all the others which is so annoying! It's going alright thanks, just want to get it done now, did you apply to Oxbridge? :smile:

Homerton Cambridge. I've done my interview and tests. Your offers will come in sooner or later, we're all sure of that lol.

Original post by DylanLJG
Damn, for a Cambridge Economics interview they could have asked me something related to Economics. :s-smilie:

I walked out of the interview room thinking it was a math interview :biggrin:

Original post by MWM
Does anyone else think that the maths in these econ interviews is way beyond A level ?
I mean looking back at my interview I wonder how many people could have came up with an logarithmic equation by just looking at a graph of prices. And I consider myself a strong mathematician.

I don't think they expect you to come up with the solution quickly (if at all). You are expected to think mathematically, pick up any clues they give and keep going.
Reply 5807
My friend is thinking of applying to Sidney Sussex for econ, is there anyone on this thread who applied there ? How did your interviews go ?
Reply 5808
have LSE started offers? i saw one on a previous thread, just wondering
Reply 5809
Original post by Nadine10
have LSE started offers? i saw one on a previous thread, just wondering

Apparently so :smile:

How was your interview?
Reply 5810
Offer from Southampton :biggrin:
Reply 5811
Original post by Tateco
Apparently so :smile:

How was your interview?

i think it went quite well, i did my best and now just time will tell :smile: but i am a bit worried about LSE now. and warwick. both have started giving offers for econ and I haven't heard back - i dont no why because my grades and predicted ones way more than required.
Original post by zxh800
I have no offers :frown:

Neither do I. :frown:
Reply 5813
Original post by Nadine10
i think it went quite well, i did my best and now just time will tell :smile: but i am a bit worried about LSE now. and warwick. both have started giving offers for econ and I haven't heard back - i dont no why because my grades and predicted ones way more than required.

I haven't heard from Warwick either and I know a lot of good people are still waiting so I wouldn't panic!
Reply 5814
Original post by Tateco
I haven't heard from Warwick either and I know a lot of good people are still waiting so I wouldn't panic!

lol im trying not to, but LSE has got me super worried now :frown: haha i have some crazy impluse to just yell "WHYYYY?!?!?" at their faces but that wont make the best first impression.

but thanks :biggrin:
Birmingham Offer! I'm so shocked :O :tongue:
Reply 5816
Original post by azure.skies
Birmingham Offer! I'm so shocked :O :tongue:

SAME! Just received it today :smile:
Reply 5817
conditional offer from exeter
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kachun
SAME! Just received it today :smile:

Mine just showed up minutes ago while I was already on track and then I see I have an email from UCAS. So I had click on choices lol It was so funny. At least some university wants me :smile: Congrats to you
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5819
Original post by Muse123
Offer from Southampton :biggrin:

Offer from Exeter :biggrin: Two offers in a day, love it!

Latest

Trending

Trending