The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by righthanded5
a bit exreme :eek:

Original post by cbacba
:shock: Lol.

No, not kill. TheDustyKid only meant to main or seriously injure!
Reply 541
Original post by TheDustyKid

No, not kill. TheDustyKid only meant to main or seriously injure!

Ah... :tongue:
Reply 542
Your stats may be slightly worse but it may be down to personal statement/work experience quality. Chins up!
To be fair, my work experience quality is pretty sick. I needed some 'boom' to make up for my lack of 'pazzaz' - it's ok for the rest of you genii with your flawless academics and 90210 smiles ; )
My interview here was easily the nicest out of any of them, good luck everyone!
Original post by charleydavis
ah okay :smile: yeah i think individually, sussex is ranked much higher than Brighton. I called them yesterday and the admissions lady at Sussex said that they will expect our personal statements to be "heavily weighted" towards medicine but that if we want to, we can email them directly with a revised personal statement that they'll attach to our applications to the other courses. I was wondering though, if we apply to another course will be considered separately to everyone else applying for that course, so technically we could get rejected from the alternative course too?

true sussex is ranked higher but they dont do pharmacy which is what I'm leaning towards. I dont know about biomed as I once heard if you do really well in your first year of biomed you may be eligible to transfer to bsms medicine? but not 100% sure on that. then again, not the wisest thing to pin all your hopes on being top in the class! also, already got a biomed offer from kings so dont know if theres any point in applying for it again at sussex.

on the letter they sent with alternative courses, there was Podiatry (BSc 3 years)...not sure how much a career in that would earn...

i reckon, since i wont get into med school :frown:, that i'lljust apply for whichever career pays the most (probs pharmacy then)...I'll have to find out the earning potential from doing biomed/biochem etc

i hate making important life decisions!
Reply 546
People who have received interviews so far, what date did your UCAS forms get sent off??
Original post by bex.13

Original post by bex.13
People who have received interviews so far, what date did your UCAS forms get sent off??

I sent mine off on 30th Sept, but I think I saw another interview candidate who's had an interview and sent it off on around 10th Oct.
Reply 548
Original post by bex.13

Mine was sent on the 11th October and I have had my interview :smile:
People who've had interviews need to spill!

When we've had our interviews, we're not going to tell you our secrets either.
Reply 550
Thanks guys :smile: Mine didn't get sent off until the 14th due to the great efficiency of my school!! Im beginning to get seriously paranoid as I haven't had interviews from any of my universities!!

Anything in particular you want to know?
Original post by Carpet21
Anything in particular you want to know?

What kind of questions were you asked?

All the waiting and not knowing is making me ratty - apologies, amigo! :bigsmile:

Trust me, if we were allowed to, we'd tell you (I would, at least...). However, if we do and there happens to be an admissions tutor stalking us, we could get our application disqualified. That's something I don't imagine anyone fancies :tongue:

Really sorry! :redface:
Original post by nahim9393
true sussex is ranked higher but they dont do pharmacy which is what I'm leaning towards. I dont know about biomed as I once heard if you do really well in your first year of biomed you may be eligible to transfer to bsms medicine? but not 100% sure on that. then again, not the wisest thing to pin all your hopes on being top in the class! also, already got a biomed offer from kings so dont know if theres any point in applying for it again at sussex.

on the letter they sent with alternative courses, there was Podiatry (BSc 3 years)...not sure how much a career in that would earn...

i reckon, since i wont get into med school :frown:, that i'lljust apply for whichever career pays the most (probs pharmacy then)...I'll have to find out the earning potential from doing biomed/biochem etc

i hate making important life decisions!

i never ever make decisions. But I finally decided to apply for Neuroscience and got an email on Monday saying that Sussex had my application and then i got an offer today conditional on ABB or AAC which is probably more likely for me to get next year even though my predictions are higher, i don't think i'll get into Medicine either but I really liked BSMS and Sussex so i think i'd be happy there doing Neuroscience :smile: hope you get an offer on whatever you decide to apply for!

What kind of questions were you asked?

All the waiting and not knowing is making me ratty - apologies, amigo! :bigsmile:

I'll PM you at some point.
Reply 556
Original post by Carpet21
I'll PM you at some point.

Pm me too if you don't mind?
Original post by Nattyt
Bristol, Cardiff, BSMS and Liverpool! One interview and one offer is all you need :smile:

true :smile: but getting an offer is so bloody hard... you had any offers yet?
Reply 558
Original post by heartshapedbox
true :smile: but getting an offer is so bloody hard... you had any offers yet?

Nope not yet, I think Brighton do tell you before christmas though! so nerve racking!!
Aahhh reading through my old BSMS emails. The admissions people gave me such hope...Where are they now?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending