The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Minecraft is only 10p on the Market at the moment if anyone's interested in that.
Reply 6481
Yup.

They just announced that the Market has had a total of 10 billion app downloads, and has accelerated to 1 billion per month (INSANE NUMBER), and to celebrate they're offering one hundred apps for 10p each over the next ten days.

The first ten apps are linked to on this post: https://plus.google.com/104629412415657030658/posts/L5D6cj4iEea

Original post by G8D
Is the app tied to my account and re-attainable on any device?

I think so, but I've never bought from the Market either :colondollar:
Does anyone know how to stop receiving notifications saying 'you have won (1) iphone' blah blah blah? Basically an android user is chosen in *name of area* although each time i get one its a different one and you answer a question (which subscribes you to £4.50 a week, in very small print! luckily i saw it before i clicked) and you're entered. I've got free apps which could be the reason i'm getting the ads but i don't want to have to delete them

Original post by G8D
Tax on Minecraft but not on Fieldrunners.

Maybe an EU thing.

WWhat?
Reply 6486
No, you can't use Paypal on the Market (it uses Google Checkout).

But yes, apps are tied to your Google Account.
Careful that your card/bank doesn't charge you for abroad spending. I hear lots of people being charged £1 per transaction.
Reply 6489
Original post by G8D
I feel less dirty about my pirating now that I've spent 23p in the Market.

You fell for Google's ploy though. The whole promotion is probably a drive to get more people to add their card details and see how easy it is to buy something, so that they're more likely to next time :p:
I've only pirated a very few android apps - either to try them if they were expensive or because the android market wouldn't let me buy them.

Altogether probably spent like £10-£15. I don't see that as enough to bother pirating - and now with this promotion! :smile:
Original post by G8D
Minecraft was 13p and FR was 10p

Wow never realised
Original post by G8D
I feel less dirty about my pirating now that I've spent 23p in the Market.

PRSOM but good on you sir :smile:

Original post by estel
You fell for Google's ploy though. The whole promotion is probably a drive to get more people to add their card details and see how easy it is to buy something, so that they're more likely to next time :p:

I already have my card details on. Shame I bought Minecraft when it was about £4.50 :frown:
Do any of you ever find yourself being forced to reboot, because your phone gets really sluggish?
Original post by G8D
I hope Launcher Pro comes up on this deal at some point :moon:
Feel a bit dicking seeing as it's literally my most used app.

Yeah, I'm hoping flight control comes up. I loved that game in my iPod but I'm not paying £1.80 for it again, it was 60p on the app store :frown:

Original post by + polarity -
Do any of you ever find yourself being forced to reboot, because your phone gets really sluggish?

I did on my hero but I've gone for about 30 days without needing to reboot my S2
Reply 6495
OnLive is now available for Android (and iOS)

And even more than with the desktop version, it blows me away at how incredible this tech is. Really. Freaking. Unbelievable.

Original post by estel
OnLive is now available for Android (and iOS)

And even more than with the desktop version, it blows me away at how incredible this tech is. Really. Freaking. Unbelievable.

I gotta say that playing Batman Arkham Asylum @720p with an Intel GMA chipset, 1GB RAM and a 1.6x2 processor has been the technological highlight of the year. It was flawless. Absolutely flawless. I was amazed by how well OnLive works.
Reply 6497
Original post by mikeyd85
I gotta say that playing Batman Arkham Asylum @720p with an Intel GMA chipset, 1GB RAM and a 1.6x2 processor has been the technological highlight of the year. It was flawless. Absolutely flawless. I was amazed by how well OnLive works.

Yeh, it blew me away enough on a powerful desktop, but to see it on a phone is mindboggling.
Reply 6498
Google Currents looks pretty awesome!

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending