The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oriental_girls_no1
I go for a pee in the sink and my girlfriend walked in and she asked me what i was doing i told her i was washing my penis .

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. that's the funniest thing i've ever heard!

i was embarrassed the other day because i fell asleep during a lecture and was woken up by my massive anatomy atlas falling off the table. sleeping is so common in our lectures though, when i looked up i saw at least 3 more drowsy students who were woken by the noise. so it wasn't that embarrassing after all
Original post by scotttb
Or when your buying a bar of chocolate or something and realise you only have a £20 note and the guy just looks at you like "are you serious."

Yes!

And you mumur something like "sorry I've got nothing less"
tripping up on the street and making it seem like it was on purpose.
Reply 603
Original post by HistoryGeek93
Yes!

And you mumur something like "sorry I've got nothing less"

paying for somthing expensive in small coins is more embarrassing:colondollar:
Original post by eyre2
paying for somthing expensive in small coins is more embarrassing:colondollar:

Taking 10 mins at the self-service machine in Tesco because you want to get rid of all your shrapnel when there's a queue :colondollar:
Original post by Payson.Keeler.
Giving money to a homeless old man (he had a cup) and then consequently realising he was just an old man. Not funny. And when I'd realised I had given him my bus money, I had to ask for it back. Nothing like thrusting your hand into a scalding cup of coffee.
In the end I walked home and used the money to buy the guy another cup of coffee.
I had to go to A & E later on for the burns.
...so shameful

HAHAHHAAHA this one is so random
During a meeting with a lecturer, I uttered: “I’d do ANYTHING for a 2:1 or above,” I immediately went red in the face, and was very close to exclaiming “BUT NOT SEXUAL FAVOURS!”

When I worked for my local council, there was card being passed around the office for one of my older colleagues. Taking it to be a birthday card I scrawled “Hope you have a smashing day!” Little did I know she was in hospital for a fractured Fibula. :s-smilie:
Original post by Claire-H
I was paired up with my best friend using the sewing machines in textiles aged 13. The teacher had told us to tie our hair back, but I didn't want to. I leant forward while my friend was using the sewing machine and my long hair got caught up in a part of the sewing machine. My friend hadn't noticed so kept pressing the pedal until it had wrapped my hair up so tightly my head was touching the machine. Instead of just helping me out, the teacher called the whole class round to our sewing machine, pointed at me, and said 'this is why you must tie your hair back'. Everyone laughed, and I was just stuck there facing them all going redder and redder. THE SHAME.

HAHAHHA, this made me laugh :tongue: poor thing
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 608
Original post by IntelligenceArtifi
About a year back

Breaking heel on my sandals and strutting around like that a whole day on campus.

More recently

Having some blood from my period go on my white churridar

Not realising my skirt was collecting all sorts of grime from the ground on campus.

Rear ending my professor's vehicle on the road

Life long

Tripping from time to time and being rather clumsy.

Fools finding it funny to put gum in my hair. Actually that happens to all girls with really long hair

Wasn't your churridar covered by your kameez :s-smilie:
When you walk up to a door, try to push it open several times, then attempt to pull it.... only to then notice a button on the side saying 'please push to open door' and then when the door finally opens you have to walk past a huge group of lads on the other side of the door pissing themselves with laughter... :tongue:
Original post by briesandwich
Being the last one to find my seat in an exam... by about 10 minutes. :sigh:

...... the empty one?
Reply 611
Original post by proud nd luvin it
When you walk up to a door, try to push it open several times, then attempt to pull it.... only to then notice a button on the side saying 'please push to open door' and then when the door finally opens you have to walk past a huge group of lads on the other side of the door pissing themselves with laughter... :tongue:

lol that happend to me in university open day..and someone behind me was like 'yeah u just press da button' i was like :colondollar: oh yeah thanks!
When you're walking to class with a boy, because you're going to the same place, and you bump into one of your friends and they ask 'Oh, is he your boyfriend?'. So awkward, especially if you don't know each other very well.

Oh, and when people say 'You two would make a great couple!' or something along those lines, and they're pairing you with someone you have zero interest in -_-
Original post by HumiT
Wasn't your churridar covered by your kameez :s-smilie:

Unfortunately the stain had spread too much, not that I didn't try hiding it.
Reply 614
being deep in thought and walking into a flight on stairs, and ending up lying on them.....
Reply 615
This is literally the funniest thread I've ever read!
I work in the Tesco staff canteen, and we have to go and get loads of individual chocolate bars from the shop floor to put in the vending machines. So there I was, getting about 20 of each chocolate, when the little glass front comes off and sends a whole shelf of chocolate bars cascading to the floor. It was really busy that day too, the self serve boy and some other poor boy on his break helped me put it all back up. I must have been so red and was shaking so much!
Another time, me and my mum were going to Currys, and we were trying to go in the automatic sliding door, but it wouldn't open! We were stood there for ages trying to work out why it wouldn't open when we saw that it had a massive 'Exit only' sign, stretching across the whole door. We then walked into the right door, but it was so embarrassing!
I seem to do embarrassing things on a daily basis, I just can't remember them all!
Original post by BritGirl

Original post by BritGirl
Before when it was none school uniform day I wore this top that had a long row of tiny beads on it. Anyway, at lunch time I was queing as usual with my dinner tray and while I was waiting I was messing with a piece of thread at the bottom of my top. The piece of thread must have snapped because all of a sudden I heard this noise and I looked down and all of the beads were falling on the floor. I quickly looked up and carried on as though nothing was happening but out of the corner of my eye I saw people staring and looking at all the beads. Lol it seems like nothing but it was so embarrassing for me and I quickly shoved some dinner on my tray and walked away with beads still coming off. I was glad when they had all fallen off lol

Reminds me of a couple of years ago when I was wearing a beaded necklace from Primark and I was walking down the road and there were loads of cars because of traffic and the necklace snapped, the beads went flying everywhere on the pavement and into the road. I quickly walked on as if nothing had happened while the people in the cars were giving me funny looks.
Reply 617
Original post by chocolate buttons
Reminds me of a couple of years ago when I was wearing a beaded necklace from Primark and I was walking down the road and there were loads of cars because of traffic and the necklace snapped, the beads went flying everywhere on the pavement and into the road. I quickly walked on as if nothing had happened while the people in the cars were giving me funny looks.

lol... at least u didn't attempt to kneel on the road and pick um all up:tongue:
Reply 618
Original post by kka25
My stomach growling out of hunger during in an appointment with a lecturer. She must have thought I'd farted or something :s-smilie:

Even worse when that happens in the middle of a lecture. My stomach literally wouldn't shut up for about 10 minutes...
walking into the wrong lecture theatre and taking a seat before you've relised your mistake!

Quick Reply

Latest