2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Don't think he's getting it up on his own :tongue:

shows what a sheltered existence I lead :tongue:
Reply 4841
That may be American so not all of it is relevant but some of it is so true..

Sleep deprived is the main one. If you get 6 hours sleep then that counts as a good nights sleep :coffee:

Surgeons do tend to love themselves somewhat...

Though I will upgrade the asking a patient if they've farted in the past 24 hours to asking a 90 year old if he was sexually active... he was :indiff:

But yeah... medicine's awesome :awesome:

Oh the one about medics hooking up together just provides entertainment for everyone :colone:

That point is since most people that go to med school are either the top or near the top of their class... it's a bit weird to then find 100's of people as smart or smarter than you

(sounds egotistical but it's true!)

Haha, I bet the med schools make you do that for their own pleasure. :tongue:
Don't think he's getting it up on his own :tongue:

Pre-drinking with a bottle of white is so easy though.. can see it away in under half an hour with no effort at all :cheers:

You do dissection as standard? :puppyeyes:
Why isn't it the same? :dontknow:

Is that ROAR or something? :dontknow:
That's unusual :beard:

:lolwut:
If you say so :hand:

Heyyy, I have a dissection SSC next term :biggrin:

How's uni treating you? I'm ready to go home now!
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Heyyy, I have a dissection SSC next term :biggrin:

How's uni treating you? I'm ready to go home now!

Ooh what on? :smile:

Uni's pretty good, plenty of relaxing with some bevvies but also far too much work. Agree with you on the needing a holiday!

What about you?
Ooh what on? :smile:

Uni's pretty good, plenty of relaxing with some bevvies but also far too much work. Agree with you on the needing a holiday!

What about you?

A random body part :biggrin: It's gonna be good. If there's a part of the course here that I'd have to describe as lacking, I'd say it was the anatomy teaching. I don't think we get enough hence why I've chosen this SSC :smile:.

Sounds like what I've been getting up to :wink:.

Pretty much the same really! We finish for Xmas at the beginning of next week, when do you finish?
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
A random body part :biggrin: It's gonna be good. If there's a part of the course here that I'd have to describe as lacking, I'd say it was the anatomy teaching. I don't think we get enough hence why I've chosen this SSC :smile:.

Sounds like what I've been getting up to :wink:.

Pretty much the same really! We finish for Xmas at the beginning of next week, when do you finish?

You don't get to know what you'll dissect? :erm:
Yeah they say the same about BL :lol:
Don't know about you but unless it's hand on I get very bored by anatomy. Anatomy lectures is death by powerpoint which results in tactical naps :king1:

Embibing beverages is certainly a good past time indeed :colone:

That's early.. we finish at the end of next week, though basically taking thursday off and hoping to help out with the interviews to earn some more money.

Money just disappears :sad:

Got much planned over christmas?
You don't get to know what you'll dissect? :erm:
Yeah they say the same about BL :lol:
Don't know about you but unless it's hand on I get very bored by anatomy. Anatomy lectures is death by powerpoint which results in tactical naps :king1:

Embibing beverages is certainly a good past time indeed :colone:

That's early.. we finish at the end of next week, though basically taking thursday off and hoping to help out with the interviews to earn some more money.

Money just disappears :sad:

Got much planned over christmas?

Nope! It's going to be fun finding out which obscure body part I'm going to be cutting open =/!

I know the feeling with anatomy lectures.. There is no way I could ever remember over 5% of the stuff in the powerpoint slides straight off. I end up spending an hour going over them after the lecture trying to work out what's what.

Hmm plans are to sleep a lot and write a reflective essay :cool:.

You got much planned?
Reply 4847
So what are people doing to keep their flare for the sciences going? If this gap year has to taught me anything so far it's that I need to be in an environment where I'm always learning.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Medican
So what are people doing to keep their flare for the sciences going? If this has has to taught me anything so far it's that I need to be in an environment where I'm always learning.

This!

I just annoy my family with any random questions that pop into my head. Like babies in the womb, do they make vocal sounds? and do babies sneeze? (Although, I asked that one to a sonographer and she said she didn't think so :frown: ) Although some of my questions are too sciencey for them to even attempt to answer :frown:
Reply 4849
Original post by Quackers93
This!

I just annoy my family with any random questions that pop into my head. Like babies in the womb, do they make vocal sounds? and do babies sneeze? (Although, I asked that one to a sonographer and she said she didn't think so :frown: ) Although some of my questions are too sciencey for them to even attempt to answer :frown:

Haha. Yeah I never actually thought about the sneezing in the womb. I've just been reading articles from sisters old collections of the biologists. Also been watching some documentaries. There was a good one on decomposition and what happens when you leave different organic materials out for too long (I'll never look at meat the same way again). I feel like I'm under selling it a bit but it was really interesting. :s-smilie: It was on BBC 4.

If I see any good stuff I'll let this thread know. :biggrin:
Original post by Medican
Haha. Yeah I never actually thought about the sneezing in the womb. I've just been reading articles from sisters old collections of the biologists. Also been watching some documentaries. There was a good one on decomposition and what happens when you leave different organic materials out for too long (I'll never look at meat the same way again). I feel like I'm under selling it a bit but it was really interesting. :s-smilie: It was on BBC 4.

Sounds... interesting? lol I don't get away with watching documentaries/sciencey programs in my house :frown: apparently brain opperations are suitable viewing for 3 year olds :/ and then if she's in bed, the automatic response changes to a straight no because it's boring and then "Deal or No Deal" is put on instead :facepalm: I'm going to source out my library and hope they have some interesting books to read :tongue:
Original post by Medican

Oh what was it called?! :biggrin: I want to catch that on iPlayer! :smile:
Reply 4852
Sounds... interesting? lol I don't get away with watching documentaries/sciencey programs in my house :frown: apparently brain opperations are suitable viewing for 3 year olds :/ and then if she's in bed, the automatic response changes to a straight no because it's boring and then "Deal or No Deal" is put on instead :facepalm: I'm going to source out my library and hope they have some interesting books to read :tongue:

It was more interesting than it sounds. :colondollar:
I hate deal or no deal. My Mum's obsessed with it and even tried to convince me to go on it as soon as I turned 18. :eek: I wasn't having it. :colonhash:
My most local library is not the nicest of libraries. :/ The internet is a good enough substitute. :ahee:

Original post by Doctor.
Oh what was it called?! :biggrin: I want to catch that on iPlayer! :smile:

It was called After Life: The Strange Science of Decay. You'll notice how excited the presenter gets through out the programme. :lol:
Original post by Medican
It was more interesting than it sounds. :colondollar:
I hate deal or no deal. My Mum's obsessed with it and even tried to convince me to go on it as soon as I turned 18. :eek: I wasn't having it. :colonhash:
My most local library is not the nicest of libraries. :/ The internet is a good enough substitute. :ahee:

It was called After Life: The Strange Science of Decay. You'll notice how excited the presenter gets through out the programme. :lol:

Thanks a bunch, going to watch it after my daily dose of Scrubs lol
Original post by Medican

this is sort of on the same topic - did you watch that programme on channel 4 (was like last year or year before though..) on an elephant decomposing? and all the wilderness eating it and how it decayed etc. it was well interesting
Original post by atomos
this is sort of on the same topic - did you watch that programme on channel 4 (was like last year or year before though..) on an elephant decomposing? and all the wilderness eating it and how it decayed etc. it was well interesting

I wanted to watch that one! I wonder if it's still on the internet somewhere... to Google I go! (Here's where I wish there was a superhero smilie)
I wanted to watch that one! I wonder if it's still on the internet somewhere... to Google I go! (Here's where I wish there was a superhero smilie)

defs watch it, it was pretty cool (although dont trust me that it was channel 4, could easily have been bbc 3 or something :tongue: )
Reply 4857
Original post by atomos

Oh I think I remember this! I'm going to look it up later today. Will post if I find for anyone interested.
Reply 4858

Original post by atomos
defs watch it, it was pretty cool (although dont trust me that it was channel 4, could easily have been bbc 3 or something :tongue: )

Hey. It was on Channel 4 after all. :smile:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-elephant-life-after-death/4od

Enjoy. :smile:
Reply 4859
100 Greatest discoveries in medicine. Could also be useful when it comes to interviews if you ever get asked what you think is the most important discovery in medicine

http://documentaryheaven.com/100-greatest-discoveries-medicine/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending