The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Graduate Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I havent done any work experience during term time, just when i get home in the summer really. I recieved the questionnaire off nottingham few weeks ago and the liv questionnaire but thats about it. Really need to hear from rvc or nottingham really, otherwise i have no idea how im going to raise the money for bristol or liv.
Reply 141
cambridge interview tomorrow! eek! :eek:
Reply 142
Original post by schizopear

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 143
Original post by stacey27
Hi, I've just stumbled across this thread!

I'm Stacey, I'm 21 and currently in the final year of an Animal Science BSc with honours in companion animal studies degree at Newcastle University.

I have applied to RVC (the fav), Edinbugh, Liverpool and Nottingham.

BMAT Scores were: 5.5, 5.2, 3C so about average.

I've had a rejection from Nottingham already, but I wasn't surprised as my A-level grades for bio and chem were under the B needed due to a horrible time at college!

Has anybody else had an email from Liverpool saying that your academic qualifications have sufficed, so you have been moved on to the second stage which is work experience? and then had a WE questionarie to fill out? I sent mine back about 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. :frown:

Hello! Another Animal Sciencer here :biggrin:

I also had a rejection from Notts due to A levels, they were quite quick with it! RVC is the fav for me too! Though I do also love Edinburgh, it would be very difficult to raise the money if I did get an offer from there, but I would sure give it a go! How about you? It's nice to see some other people applying for Edinburgh :smile: Good luck with your application!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 144
Original post by schizopear

Eeeek good luck! I'm sure you'll be great! :biggrin: Will you get to have a look around as well?
Hey guys i'm a grad in 1st year at Bristol. Just coming to say it's great and that there are 13 graduates this year which is the most they've ever had :smile:
Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 146
Original post by spooksthehorse
Hey guys i'm a grad in 1st year at Bristol. Just coming to say it's great and that there are 13 graduates this year which is the most they've ever had :smile:
Good luck everyone :smile:

Hey what degree did you do before vet med?
just thought I'd pop on and say good luck to everyone again! Hopefully meet some of you at RVC interviews :smile:
Reply 148
Original post by Eevee13
Hello! Another Animal Sciencer here :biggrin:

I also had a rejection from Notts due to A levels, they were quite quick with it! RVC is the fav for me too! Though I do also love Edinburgh, it would be very difficult to raise the money if I did get an offer from there, but I would sure give it a go! How about you? It's nice to see some other people applying for Edinburgh :smile: Good luck with your application!

Hiiii!

Yeah very quick! but there are 3 other people on my course that also applied to Nottingham and they all got the same letter so they're obviously very picky!

Yeah I like Edinburgh too as I have some family up there that I could stay with, but to be honest I don't really care where I end up, so long as I'm studying veterinary! Funds wise, I'm quite lucky, my mum and dad only have me so they are willing to do or pay whatever it takes to get me there! - feel soo guilty though!

Good luck to you too! Fingers crossed for us both :biggrin: an RVC interview would be a nice Christmas present! (well, in a scary kind of way!)
Reply 149
Original post by Eevee13
Eeeek good luck! I'm sure you'll be great! :biggrin: Will you get to have a look around as well?

yes i got to have a look around after my interviews, which was nice - unlike my second interview... :redface:
Reply 150
Edinburgh offer! Very excited. has anyone else heard from them?
Reply 151
Original post by sophie_aj
Edinburgh offer! Very excited. has anyone else heard from them?

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back...so nervous. Someone called Adou on the 2012 entry thread has also got an unconditional :smile:
Reply 152
There's time yet. On the Edinburgh schedule it says they make offers to graduates in december and january. Now it's just finding the money. Which is perhaps the hard part!
Reply 153
just got rejected from RVC :frown: now looks like im going to have to find massive sums of money from somewhere if i get into any of the others
Reply 154
Original post by NicoleRH
just got rejected from RVC :frown: now looks like im going to have to find massive sums of money from somewhere if i get into any of the others

Same here :frown: I really wanted at least an interview from there especially as they do thie accelerated course I thought I would have the best chance!

Just a question if it is a rejection does it say unsuccessful or rejected?
Original post by NicoleRH
Hey what degree did you do before vet med?

Zoology at Manchester uni :smile:
Reply 156
Original post by peggymeg
Same here :frown: I really wanted at least an interview from there especially as they do thie accelerated course I thought I would have the best chance!

I think its unsuccesful, I didnt really hang around to much on track to take a real close look. yer i thought i had a good chance cuz ive done most of the first 2 years of vet med on the course i do atm. ah well nottingham is another hopeful.

Can i ask how your planning on raising the funds?
Reply 157
Original post by peggymeg

Same here. Was kind of expecting it though. So yes does anyone have any great plans for finance?
Reply 158
Oh gosh I'm really sorry for you guys with RVC rejections. I feel for anyone getting rejected, but especially for any graduate being rejected from RVC as obviously there is the money issue as well. I know I will be so upset when I get mine through too :frown: Hang in there! There must be a way to raise the fund for the other options, it has been done before. I know a girl who was in the year above me at uni and she has been accepted for Liverpool, and has managed to get sponsorship. It can be done! Or of course there is abroad :smile:
Edinburgh offer and Liverpool interview!! Now just have to PRAY for RVC and nottingham so i can get into somewhere i can actually afford! haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending