The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IBstudent123
has anyone heard anything from bristol yet? apparently some students applying for other courses have received e-mails saying that their application is 'being considered'! im getting so edgy and i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this :smile:

You should have gotten an email to confirm
Reply 501
Hi, i'm new to the student room but i've applied to do psychology at:
Surrey
Lancaster
Loughborough
Plymouth
Bangor
I was just wondering if anyone else have applied to any of these and have they had any offers yet ? :smile:
Thank you punctuation - i have had an email confirmation but apparently another email has been sent out to some applicants. It doesn't seem like anyone applying for psych has received the email though. Jessicar2 - I applied to Loughborough at the beginning of November and I received an offer three weeks ago :smile: Don't worry if you haven't received an offer yet from them because I have a friend who is predicted above 40 points in the IB and she is still waiting for her offer and I have no doubt that she will get it. What's your first choice?
Reply 503
I have offers from birmingham and nottingham both aab.
I want to have one of these as my firm choice. I know its early, but which one do people think I should put? Does anyone know if the courses differ a lot?
Reply 504
for any of those getting conditionals for glasgow, what did you apply for, Bsc or MA so yeah arts or science? Anyone know the major differences?
There aren't any major differences, except the additional subjects you'll choose to study :smile:
Reply 506
Original post by yaymeg
i'm applying for the psychological practice MSci, i haven't heard anything either... except for an email asking me to confirm what my 1st and 2nd placement preferences were... i'm not sure if everyone who applied got sent it, i was just naughty and didn't put it in my PS (I was concerned it would make my other choices aware of where i was applying, so my teachers advised me to leave it out.... turned out not to be a big deal though =D glad i didn't waste the PS characters now :tongue: )

Let me know if you hear anything XD

Not heard anything yet.. I emailed them and realised you don't find out until January! Haha.. didn't read the info properly! Only 9 places or something aren't there!? Crazy...But apparently if you don't get a place on the MSci and reach their academic requirements you'll get an offer for the BSc anyways
Reply 507
Original post by Jessicar2
Surrey
Lancaster
Loughborough
Plymouth
Bangor
I was just wondering if anyone else have applied to any of these and have they had any offers yet ? :smile:

Hi! I've applied to Loughborough and got an offer. :smile:
Reply 508
Surrey
Lancaster
Loughborough
Plymouth
Bangor

I've got an offer from Plymouth :smile:
Original post by ingridd
for any of those getting conditionals for glasgow, what did you apply for, Bsc or MA so yeah arts or science? Anyone know the major differences?

As far as I know, the BSc is three years and you start in the second year of the forth year. The MA is the four year course but not a proper masters as Scottish students can start at 17
Original post by Luccy.
just got A*AA from UCL yay!!!

Did u get a questionnaire/ invited to a ucas open day
Reply 511
Original post by IBstudent123
Thank you punctuation - i have had an email confirmation but apparently another email has been sent out to some applicants. It doesn't seem like anyone applying for psych has received the email though. Jessicar2 - I applied to Loughborough at the beginning of November and I received an offer three weeks ago :smile: Don't worry if you haven't received an offer yet from them because I have a friend who is predicted above 40 points in the IB and she is still waiting for her offer and I have no doubt that she will get it. What's your first choice?

Yes i've had all of my offers now, i got AAB from Loughborough what about you? my first choice is Lancaster though :smile: What about you?

Original post by emillie
Hi! I've applied to Loughborough and got an offer. :smile:

What offer did you get? i got aab :smile: whats your first choice?

Original post by Emfrz
I've got an offer from Plymouth :smile:

Same! What did you get? whats your first choice?
Reply 512
Original post by LaurahKate
Both leeds and sheffield took 15 days to get back to me :smile:

ahh kk thanks I have now heard back fro nottingham and sheffield :smile: application has been sent of for 4 weeks now :biggrin: hopefully i will hear from the others soon
Reply 513
Original post by neverletmego
There aren't any major differences, except the additional subjects you'll choose to study :smile:

thanks! I thought that:smile:
Reply 514
Original post by danielwalsh
Did u get a questionnaire/ invited to a ucas open day

just a questionnaire. :smile: i am "international" though well channel islands and UCL is notorious for favouring the inters.
Reply 515
Surrey
Lancaster
Loughborough
Plymouth
Bangor

I've got an offer from Loughborough :smile:
Reply 516
Original post by Luccy.
just a questionnaire. :smile: i am "international" though well channel islands and UCL is notorious for favouring the inters.

International=more money
Reply 517
Original post by Tay594
I've got an offer from Loughborough :smile:

Was was your offer and is it your first choice?

Im actually doing social psychology at Loughborough rather than just psychology :smile:
Hi!
I have a quick question.. I applied to do Psychology at Royal Holloway. I got an offer with 5 days of sending off my application, with the offer of AAB, but my predicted grades are ABD (in psychology, biology and physics, respectively). I don't understand why they would give me an offer that is WAAAAAY above my predicted grades. I'm going to try really hard to get those grades, but I find physics so difficult and I don't know if it's realistic. What are my chances of getting in? Why did they offer me such high grades? :confused:
Reply 519
Original post by harrietnebula
Hi!
I have a quick question.. I applied to do Psychology at Royal Holloway. I got an offer with 5 days of sending off my application, with the offer of AAB, but my predicted grades are ABD (in psychology, biology and physics, respectively). I don't understand why they would give me an offer that is WAAAAAY above my predicted grades. I'm going to try really hard to get those grades, but I find physics so difficult and I don't know if it's realistic. What are my chances of getting in? Why did they offer me such high grades? :confused:

thats what the universities standard offer is on their website, they will only in very very very very very rare circumstances give grades lower than those, and that is normally in the case of an applicant being truly exceptional.

I really really really don't mean to sound harsh, but why did you think you would get a grade requirement lower than those stated on the website? Realistically, I think you are quite lucky to get an offer at all with your predictions being so low compared to there standard offer. Tbh, they MIGHT let you in if you got ABB, although that depends on the numbers of firm-ers that meet their offer and the number of people who used it as their issuance and missed their firm, so it would depend on space as to whether they could let someone in who has just missed the grades.

Quick Reply

Latest