The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9080
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
In the prayer room? :smile:

There's prayer rooms at train stations??!!
Original post by Josiea
There's prayer rooms at train stations??!!

There's one at Gatwick Airport, which is attached to the train station. I'd assume other 'major' airports have one too.
Original post by d123
My first exam is tomorrow morning.

I don't know anything.

I'm stressed but there's so much to learn I'm not being productive at all and so I'm trying to relax but that's stressing me out more because I'm not working.

:hugs:

Original post by tasha96
The weathers fine where I am today- the winds died down but its still really cold. Snow forcast for this weekend. :biggrin:
However there are 12 tiles off our roof now so I'm kind of hoping that the rain holds off...:argh:

Glad the wind has died down. Though :eek: about your roof :eek:
I do take your point but I like meat too much to give it up :biggrin: Plus you'd be surprised at how cheap my dad can by non-animal friendly meat for :yes:

:frown: You have no idea how disheartening (and omnipresent) this kind of reply is. Saying that 'I like it' is not an answer any Christian would ever use about any other kind of issue. It just seems really obvious to me that you wouldn't personally abuse animals the way companies do, and no doubt if you saw someone doing it you'd do everything in your power to stop them, because you recognise that it's thoroughly cruel and immoral. So why does it make a difference if you're paying someone to do it for you?
I like this plan :colone:

Yay for Christmas countdown!

How is Scotland today, weather-wise? :smile:

Normal Scottish weather has resumed :woo:

Original post by d123
My first exam is tomorrow morning.

I don't know anything.

I'm stressed but there's so much to learn I'm not being productive at all and so I'm trying to relax but that's stressing me out more because I'm not working.

You'll be fine and know more than you think :yep:

Original post by EEngWillow
Perhaps not. I was a tad enthusiastic this morning.

Devious. I love it. :colone:

Edit: I hate trying to use TSR on a mobile...

TAD enthusiastic?! TAD!
Reply 9085
Original post by greeneyedgirl

You'll be fine and know more than you think :yep:

Thanks, I hope so!

Was it English Lit today, how did that go?
Original post by dreiviergrenadier
:frown: You have no idea how disheartening (and omnipresent) this kind of reply is. Saying that 'I like it' is not an answer any Christian would ever use about any other kind of issue. It just seems really obvious to me that you wouldn't personally abuse animals the way companies do, and no doubt if you saw someone doing it you'd do everything in your power to stop them, because you recognise that it's thoroughly cruel and immoral. So why does it make a difference if you're paying someone to do it for you?

I never said it was the Christian response. It's my response. And I've never pretended to be the greatest Christian. I know where my faults are.

Would it appease you if I said that one day when I'm earning my own money and in charge of what gets bought in the house, I will do my very best to make it animal friendly? Coz that is my intention. It just won't hapen for a while :dontknow:
Original post by d123
Thanks, I hope so!

Was it English Lit today, how did that go?

It was indeed English Lit...no idea how it went tbh, I wrote two essays, there were some quotes, I think that's all I can hope for really :yep:
It was indeed English Lit...no idea how it went tbh, I wrote two essays, there were some quotes, I think that's all I can hope for really :yep:

The main point is that IT IS OVER! :woo: :yeah: :woo: :yay: :woo:
The main point is that IT IS OVER! :woo: :yeah: :woo: :yay: :woo:

Indeed. Gonna have massive bowl of sausages and pasta for tea, gonna spend my evening doing research into year abroad (which is really fun as it feels like choosing unis all over again but with extra american and canadian pep) while sat in front of the tv. Then tomorrow will revise before going to see Twin Atlantic :yep:
Indeed. Gonna have massive bowl of sausages and pasta for tea, gonna spend my evening doing research into year abroad (which is really fun as it feels like choosing unis all over again but with extra american and canadian pep) while sat in front of the tv. Then tomorrow will revise before going to see Twin Atlantic :yep:

Mmm, sausage and pasta :sexface:

Though, for once, I am not jealous coz my mum is making a pork casserrole tonight :woo: :yeah: :danceboy:

American applications are effortful. Would be worth it if you get it though :biggrin:
Mmm, sausage and pasta :sexface:

Though, for once, I am not jealous coz my mum is making a pork casserrole tonight :woo: :yeah: :danceboy:

American applications are effortful. Would be worth it if you get it though :biggrin:

Luckily not to effortful because it's more I apply to my uni to be allowed to take a year abroad, then they just liase with my choice of 3 unis if I'm one of top 50 applicants in college of arts and sort out everything for me!
Luckily not to effortful because it's more I apply to my uni to be allowed to take a year abroad, then they just liase with my choice of 3 unis if I'm one of top 50 applicants in college of arts and sort out everything for me!

Ah, that's OK if you don't have to faff around with American unis then :smile:

I hate the whole "top 50 applicants" thing though. I bet my tutors had to put that I was in the bottom quartile for my year when I applied :sadnod:
Original post by Calumcalum
OK :smile: I don't think many of the arguments work as proofs either, I think they have more evidential force. I have no idea what the role of the ontological is...

Interesting, if you do not think of it as a proof, then how does it work? Isn't the point of a coherent logical argument, that it is always true? By that merit, wouldn't you see it as a proof? :beard:

I was already convinced of the arguments it helped with, but it is seriously the book on Philosophy of Religion to get. So good (though judging by other reviews this is perhaps because I read the best chapters first...)!

Its on my Christmas reading list! And present list :ninja:

My problem is that I don't know what the conclusion would be - all I can show is that all worldviews boil down to coherence rather than external justification, but I don't know how I'd squeeze an argument for God out of it.

I'd agree with this completely. I would take a coherence as opposed to correspondence point of view but how this goes to God, I'm not sure. Especially, when naturalistic arguments would present an equally plausible argument.

Fine tuning is the most beautiful argument ever. Though not deductive versions :wink:

I like deduction :P

I won't be able to reply in detail on your thread tonight as I'm going out shortly, but I'll get to it. I would have earlier when I commented but I was on my phone, 'nuf said :redface:
My little (relative to me) cousin's Confirmation tonight :woo: Gona see some family and eat large. :awesome:
Ah, that's OK if you don't have to faff around with American unis then :smile:

I hate the whole "top 50 applicants" thing though. I bet my tutors had to put that I was in the bottom quartile for my year when I applied :sadnod:

I hate it because it's top 50 in the whole college of arts, that's gonna be MEGA tricky to get into!

Original post by Facticity
My little (relative to me) cousin's Confirmation tonight :woo: Gona see some family and eat large. :awesome:

Awww sounds good!

Awww sounds good!

I can't wait, haven't seen them in a while. Plus, my aunt cooks like a boss :coma: :smug:
Original post by Facticity
I can't wait, haven't seen them in a while. Plus, my aunt cooks like a boss :coma: :smug:

Always good! I really want my pasta and sausages but feeling too lazy to even stand up from sofa to cook...
Reply 9098

oooh I deffo want to do that (or an industrial year) so exciting!! especially if you get to go to America :moon:

I have laid all my chem books out and unearthed all of my coloured pens in an attempt to have a productive revision evening :biggrin:
Original post by Josiea
oooh I deffo want to do that (or an industrial year) so exciting!! especially if you get to go to America :moon:

I have laid all my chem books out and unearthed all of my coloured pens in an attempt to have a productive revision evening :biggrin:

I wanna go to UBC...partly because they did this

Coloured pens = ulitmate win!

Latest

Trending

Trending