The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nattyt

Original post by Nattyt
Nope not yet, I think Brighton do tell you before christmas though! so nerve racking!!

Extremely so.

They even said that there is a small chance that they won't get all of the decisions out before Christmas, because it's so busy, in which case they will make the rest of the decisions in January. It doesn't get any better for the anxiousness... :frown:
Reply 561
Original post by TheDustyKid
Aahhh reading through my old BSMS emails. The admissions people gave me such hope...Where are they now?!

I know! They've given me so much hope too!! Who have you been communicating with? They sound like such a nice bunch lol
Reply 562
No havent received anything. I just communicated a lot with them before sending UCAS application in.
Reply 563
Original post by righthanded5
Aah, sets my nerves at ease for tht one second, now back to worrying :colondollar:

I completed Access to Medicine last year @ COWA. I have had an email asking for a transcript of my results. It also said that Access to Medicine students are not interviewed until February.
belle-a could you please update my entry, I see I have left a few things out which are as follows.

International Student: Yes

Work experience: Volunteering for four years during University Holidays with an non governmental organisation in India in setting up health camps for lepers. Recently working with Tuberculosis patients in Indian slums starting this year.
Reply 565
Original post by Thanatos833
belle-a could you please update my entry, I see I have left a few things out which are as follows.

International Student: Yes

Work experience: Volunteering for four years during University Holidays with an non governmental organisation in India in setting up health camps for lepers. Recently working with Tuberculosis patients in Indian slums starting this year.

so do you have an interview offer? not really sure why you're posting this here :s-smilie:

Original post by .eXe
so do you have an interview offer? not really sure why you're posting this here :s-smilie:

The first post has lots of information about the applicants in a spoiler. Thanatos is just asking for more details to be added to his application.
Reply 567
Original post by CraigKirk
The first post has lots of information about the applicants in a spoiler. Thanatos is just asking for more details to be added to his application.

Oh lol, this is the first time I've ever seen the first post of this thread. Thanks.
Reply 568
Original post by samnwood
I completed Access to Medicine last year @ COWA. I have had an email asking for a transcript of my results. It also said that Access to Medicine students are not interviewed until February.

I received that email too!
I'm sooooo anxious about getting a decision now. They said they'd be getting back to us mid-December at the earliest. I'd say the week 12th-16th December is pretty mid-December... So it may be nearly time. I think I'm going to die of waiting.
REJECTED.

Still, 3/4 interviews is good so I can't complain.

Good luck guys and gals!
Reply 571
Original post by Steerforth
REJECTED.

Good luck guys and gals!

Did you rejected after interview? omg that's scary when did you find out?
Original post by Steerforth
REJECTED.

Good luck guys and gals!

I'm sorry woman : (

Maybe they think you're too good for them :tongue: So many amazing people already got rejected...

EDIT: You're not a guy, my bad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 573
Original post by Nattyt

And how did you find out? Letter, via UCAS... ?
Reply 574
I'm slightly confused :s-smilie: what is this comment aiming at? :colondollar:

You asked if anyone had received any emails from BSMS.........I did, hence the comment. Also to anyone who has completed Access to Medicine.......the interviews are likely to be in February.
Reply 575
Anyone else rejected/offered a spot post-interview?
Reply 576
Oh I see now, :wink:

I was ment to say, has anyone received any emails about rejections/offers/interviews for feb...? or will we not get them till the new year?

(I'm talking about the normal course here, not the access course)

OK.......the info I posted will really only help the Access to Medicine students.

I am a graduate (non science based). I completed my Access to Medicine @ COWA last year. The email I got stated that they will look to interview Access to Medicine students in February.

Original post by .eXe
Anyone else rejected/offered a spot post-interview?

I checked last year's thread, and all unconditional offers for November interviewees were given the week that corresponds to this week, those who would get conditional offers were given the week after and post-interview rejections were given at the end of that week too... Just thought to let you know. :smile:
Original post by Nattyt
Nope not yet, I think Brighton do tell you before christmas though! so nerve racking!!

Gosh, thats scary! good luck!!
Original post by Nattyt

Original post by TheDustyKid
I'm sorry woman : (

Maybe they think you're too good for them :tongue: So many amazing people already got rejected...

EDIT: You're not a guy, my bad.

Original post by Karalily
And how did you find out? Letter, via UCAS... ?

Pre-interview.

Got it via letter.

And I'm a guy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending