The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WalkerPrince
This wait is getting annoying... Unis will close for Christmas soon. I hope I get a new offer next week...

I know... doesn't help when you have someone misinforming you about a potential offer Friday :frown:

btw you still owe me 1000 pounds, you're never getting away with it :P
York offer today :smile:
Original post by lordvulture
I know... doesn't help when you have someone misinforming you about a potential offer Friday :frown:

btw you still owe me 1000 pounds, you're never getting away with it :P

I actually said 100,000 pounds if you looked closely :wink:

LSE, UCL and Warwick are being odd this year :s-smilie:
York offer - AAB

This week has been good for UCAS! :u:
Original post by 94george94
York offer - AAB

This week has been good for UCAS! :u:

For some....
Reply 5945
For some....

This :lolwut: Surprised I still haven't heard anything from the other four, I thought by now they would have at least sent out some offers and rejections so I would at least get one of the two, no idea where I stand at the moment but no news is good news I guess :s-smilie:
For some....

your safety offer is probably better than all these universities, so we are in no position to complain, but instead we should feel happy for them!!
To people who have York offers - would you mind letting me know when you sent your UCAS off?

Thaaaaanks!
For some....

I need to get my happiness out some how!

The past few months of sleepless nights and the impending masses of work this winter really cast a downer on my life! :ashamed2:

Gotta get these A*s now! :dumbells:
Original post by Yangydoodles
To people who have York offers - would you mind letting me know when you sent your UCAS off?

Thaaaaanks!

7th of November :biggrin:
You don't sound rude :biggrin:

I have not attempted to create my own economic theory....

If you are referring to this lecture -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmWCFFBzXoM

I can see why you think so. If you watch closely I am merely pulling together the work of McCall, Mortensen, Stigler, Pissarides et al. and explaining my findings through a simple function. Nothing out of the ordinary at all in Economics...

It is also quite different to me attempting to create my own economic theory, perhaps I just don't like that wording.

Sorry, haha, English is not my first language so I sometimes don't understand the significance of wording.
Original post by Tateco
This :lolwut: Surprised I still haven't heard anything from the other four, I thought by now they would have at least sent out some offers and rejections so I would at least get one of the two, no idea where I stand at the moment but no news is good news I guess :s-smilie:

Tate stop worrying! GRRRRR :gunfire:
Just to let everyone know, it doesn't get any better once you graduate. You just end up in exactly the same position, but with applying for jobs/postgrad :biggrin:
7th of November :biggrin:

Thanks!

Stressing out a little since I sent mine on the 24th of October. Someone else sent theirs off on the 9th of November I think and got an offer earlier today. Hopefully they'll get to mine soon haha - it's been a long 7 weeks. :tongue:

Thanks again for the info! :smile:
Original post by Yangydoodles
Thanks!

Stressing out a little since I sent mine on the 24th of October. Someone else sent theirs off on the 9th of November I think and got an offer earlier today. Hopefully they'll get to mine soon haha - it's been a long 7 weeks. :tongue:

Thanks again for the info! :smile:

What are your grades like?

Personal statement/ reference good?
Original post by gradjobplease
Just to let everyone know, it doesn't get any better once you graduate. You just end up in exactly the same position, but with applying for jobs/postgrad :biggrin:

How motivating! :tongue:
Reply 5956
Tate stop worrying! GRRRRR :gunfire:

And how many offers have you got? :pierre: :wink:

Original post by gradjobplease

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :cry2:
Reply 5957
Do people mind posting their York offers? How does the York Economics department compare to Exeter/Bristol?
Original post by Tateco
And how many offers have you got? :pierre: :wink:

Ermmmm... 3 :sexface:

In all seriousness, you have applied for much better unis!

Which 5 again? Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham, Bath?
Original post by Antonton
Do people mind posting their York offers? How does the York Economics department compare to Exeter/Bristol?

Bristol

Grades A*AA including
Mathematics
Economics
to include grades AA in Core Mathematics C3 and C4

Exeter

grades AAA at A-Level in 3 subjects excluding General Studies

York

Obtain grades AAB at Advanced Level in 3 subjects including Mathematics

Latest

Trending

Trending