The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor2b
As long as the person isn't hysterical when i tell them about their beloved cat. Could you not tell the interviewer that you would buy a cat that looks the same and switch the two (because you want to avoid confrontation as a doctor???)

You also want to be honest as a dr though :p:
Reply 9821
Original post by Nator
Haha that's jokes! I bet it then went like:

Is it alive? Why and how? How would you kill it?

The way they twist and turn such situations! :tongue:

Spending the night in Christ's is making me love it here more and more.
Reply 9822
Original post by cz100
Spending the night in Christ's is making me love it here more and more.

Think of it as a driving motivator for an even better interview performance! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 9823
Original post by Parle à ma main
You also want to be honest as a dr though :p:

Might be a favourable quality
quick update cause ive been gone for 2 whole days :eek:

ive officially caught the flu - this morning i actually thought i was going to die. which is just lovely, now i have something to give to the interviewers at kings :frown:

i contemplated ringing my psych teacher and begging her to let me postpone the mock because i felt so ill but managed to drag myself out of bed, nearly overdose on paracetamol and completely fail the test :sigh:

ive been feeling a bit down lately (more friend trouble - i just can't seem to get enough lately) and really craving some time to myself, sometimes i enjoy my own company more than anyone elses. so i've decided to save up my money and during the summer if i don't have to reapply im going to galavant around my favourite parts of europe (france, spain and italy) for a couple weeks. im a major foodie so if i can keep costs down i should be able to have a cracking time. thinking about it has cheered me up immensely :biggrin: by that time ill be 18 so it should be easier on the parents :tongue:

im trying to convince my mum to let me go to newcastle on my own. i cant be the only person who thinks it is acceptable for a 17 year old to stay 1 night in a hotel on her own???

now for a bit of interview prep, some food and BED :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 9825
Original post by laurie:)

ive officially caught the flu - this morning i actually thought i was going to die. which is just lovely, now i have something to give to the interviewers at kings :frown:

i contemplated ringing my psych teacher and begging her to let me postpone the mock because i felt so ill but managed to drag myself out of bed, nearly overdose on paracetamol and completely fail the test :sigh:

ive been feeling a bit down lately (more friend trouble - i just can't seem to get enough lately) and really craving some time to myself, sometimes i enjoy my own company more than anyone elses. so i've decided to save up my money and during the summer if i don't have to reapply im going to galavant around my favourite parts of europe (france, spain and italy) for a couple weeks. im a major foodie so if i can keep costs down i should be able to have a cracking time. thinking about it has cheered me up immensely :biggrin: by that time ill be 18 so it should be easier on the parents :tongue:

im trying to convince my mum to let me go to newcastle on my own. i cant be the only person who thinks it is acceptable for a 17 year old to stay 1 night in a hotel on her own???

:hugs: Sorry to hear, I hope you feel better :frown: I HAD a plan to go around Europe this summer with the gf and a friend..but we broke up yesterday so that is no longer happening.
Original post by Revent
:hugs: Sorry to hear, I hope you feel better :frown: I HAD a plan to go around Europe this summer with the gf and a friend..but we broke up yesterday so that is no longer happening.

:frown: can you not still travel with the friend?
Reply 9827
:frown: can you not still travel with the friend?

Doubt my friend is as interested anymore if its only two people *sigh*
oh well. c'est la vie.
Original post by Revent
Doubt my friend is as interested anymore if its only two people *sigh*
oh well. c'est la vie.

:frown: find a new friend :tongue:

or go on your own, like im doing (if you like being on your own, that is)
Reply 9829
:frown: find a new friend :tongue:

or go on your own, like im doing (if you like being on your own, that is)

It's expensive. I live in East London. My friends are poor :p:

I HATE being alone. It's like the worst feeling in the world. Doesn't help I'm autistic.
Original post by Revent
It's expensive. I live in East London. My friends are poor :p:

I HATE being alone. It's like the worst feeling in the world. Doesn't help I'm autistic.

oooooohhhh where in east london? (i say this in the least stalkerish way possible)

so you're like the opposite of me :tongue: i really enjoy my own company

Get well sooooon! :biggrin:

Your galavanting around Europe sounds rather good to me :awesome:

Awww haha, i'm going all the way up to Manchester and staying in a Travelodge on my own on the 12th-13th :tongue: Although, my mum's making get like a 3 minute taxi to the Travelodge as i won't arrive till 10:30pm and she's scared i'll get like... stabbed or something :rofl:

ngl, i'm a bit scared too :ninja:

Original post by Revent

:console: Awww, either way, Europe's always there for when you get a new girlfriend :wink:
Original post by manic_fuzz
Get well sooooon! :biggrin:

Your galavanting around Europe sounds rather good to me :awesome:

Awww haha, i'm going all the way up to Manchester and staying in a Travelodge on my own on the 12th-13th :tongue: Although, my mum's making get like a 3 minute taxi to the Travelodge as i won't arrive till 10:30pm and she's scared i'll get like... stabbed or something :rofl:

ngl, i'm a bit scared too :ninja:

i'll try :tongue:

apparently using the argument "but i walk around london past midnight on my own and dont get killed" doesn't work - it just starts a whole battery of questions asking why i was on my own :smile:

tbh i don't think she's worried about me travelling on my own, its the staying in a hotel on my own that scares her :rolleyes:
i'll try :tongue:

apparently using the argument "but i walk around london past midnight on my own and dont get killed" doesn't work - it just starts a whole battery of questions asking why i was on my own :smile:

tbh i don't think she's worried about me travelling on my own, its the staying in a hotel on my own that scares her :rolleyes:

:lol: Hahaha walking around London in the middle of the night? Are you sure that you're not the person committing all these crimes haha? I'll make sure to watch out when I'm in London next week :wink:

Awww, well, at least she cares, even if it is a bit over-protective :awesome:
:lol: Hahaha walking around London in the middle of the night? Are you sure that you're not the person committing all these crimes haha? I'll make sure to watch out when I'm in London next week :wink:

Awww, well, at least she cares, even if it is a bit over-protective :awesome:

i try to avoid it at all costs but sometimes it can't be avoided :tongue: its not even that bad, you just have to know the right kinda street to walk down, walk in the opposite direction to the traffic and avoid creepy people in parked cars :biggrin:

i dont get her! sometimes she's wayyyy too overprotective, and other times she really couldn't care less :s-smilie:
Reply 9835
oooooohhhh where in east london? (i say this in the least stalkerish way possible)

so you're like the opposite of me :tongue: i really enjoy my own company

Stratford :p: (or if you know the specifics, Forest Gate :laugh: )
I wish I could enjoy my own company, but I'm actually extremely depressed because of the fact I always feel so lonely and getting dumped is such a confidence booster considering you always thought the girl was out of your league anyways :redface:

:console: Awww, either way, Europe's always there for when you get a new girlfriend :wink:

Haha. Thanks. when, you mean if, I hate girls right now :p:
I remember you from the year 11 thread :p:
how's it going? I'm just so down haha. i dont even know what I'm doing with my life right now. *major depression*
Original post by Revent
Stratford :p: (or if you know the specifics, Forest Gate :laugh: )
I wish I could enjoy my own company, but I'm actually extremely depressed because of the fact I always feel so lonely and getting dumped is such a confidence booster considering you always thought the girl was out of your league anyways :redface:

i live near lewisham :smile: its a small world :biggrin:

lol this is such girly advice - but maybe go and get a new outfit that you look good in that you normally wouldnt have worn, it boosts your confidence so much!
Reply 9837
i live near lewisham :smile: its a small world :biggrin:

lol this is such girly advice - but maybe go and get a new outfit that you look good in that you normally wouldnt have worn, it boosts your confidence so much!

only 20 minutes or so away :p:
Haha, I'm from East London, which suggest I'm poor as well :laugh: :p: but I know buying clothes is a girly thing to do, I go crazy when I go shopping :laugh: In the past year, I've spent like 1300 on clothes :mmm:
When I went to America, my dad gave me $1300, and he NEVER gives me money. Any leftover, I'd have to give back to him, so I spent every last penny :laugh: so I ended up donating a pair of armani jeans to charity cos I didn't like them :mmm:
Original post by Revent
only 20 minutes or so away :p:
Haha, I'm from East London, which suggest I'm poor as well :laugh: :p: but I know buying clothes is a girly thing to do, I go crazy when I go shopping :laugh: In the past year, I've spent like 1300 on clothes :mmm:
When I went to America, my dad gave me $1300, and he NEVER gives me money. Any leftover, I'd have to give back to him, so I spent every last penny :laugh: so I ended up donating a pair of armani jeans to charity cos I didn't like them :mmm:

:h:
maybe im not quite as bad as that - the worst ive done is spend a good £100 to £150 on clothes in a single shopping trip, which is a lot to me :tongue:

i <3 shopping in america!
Reply 9839
:h:
maybe im not quite as bad as that - the worst ive done is spend a good £100 to £150 on clothes in a single shopping trip, which is a lot to me :tongue:

i <3 shopping in america!

For a guy, I'm crazy about shopping :mmm: Well it IS a lot to be fair. lol I went shopping with one of my friends at the new westfield, its like a 10min walk from my house and he ended up spending so much money I lent him 65. :rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending